“Long stay at the Alila”

Ranked #78 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Long stay at the Alila”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have nothing but praise for the Hotel staff... they have made my stay at the hotel like a home from home... from Christine and Sebastian in the restaurant to Kim and Tina on the front desk and too may others to mention....

The open airy design is wonderful as are the view at the back of the hotel.The Spa is possible the best I have used ...

The pillows are the best in the world !

Room Tip: at the back on the left side
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear anneuk-18,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I’ve just occupied the general manager’s position a few weeks ago and I’m certain that Christine, Sebastian, Kim and Tina will greatly appreciate the fact that you enjoyed their company and services. I will be sure to give your compliments to the staff at our spa. Your family eagerly awaits your arrival back soon at your home in Alila Bangalore Hotel and Residence.

Krishna Unni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 February 2013

A nice clean place to stay in Bangalore more so for if you are travelling alone & on business. The studio apartments are very basic but clean. The hotel is airy and there is plenty of fresh air to be enjoyed. Food Service and room service is courteous but very slow so if you are in hurry better rely on self service for example carry your own baggages if you wish an early check-out, as Alila is understaffed. Rooms facing the main road are generally well appointed than the rest.

Room Tip: Rooms just above the reception are generally good and better appointed than the rest.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ravi,
At the outset, please accept our humble apologies for the inconvenience. I’ve only just filled in the position of general manager a couple of weeks ago and I feel that it is the valuable feedback such as yours that helps us to continuously re-define and improve our levels of service. We went back and paid heed to the issues you had highlighted in your review and we’re currently working towards tackling the same. In fact, we assure you that you won’t encounter the aforementioned problems on your next visit. Thank you once again and we do look forward to your continued support.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a very nice hotel out of the city.
Probably the best service I have received at a hotel in a long time. Very nice restaurant and bar area on the top floor. The rooms are large and very clean.

Thanks to Christine (Restaurant Manager) the hotel manager and all the waiters for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear shinchliffe,
Thank you so much for the heart-warming comments. Your words of encouragement will go a long way in helping us to further build on our foundation. I’ve only just stepped in to fill the position of general manager and I will personally ensure that Christine is commended for her wonderful service. I look forward to welcoming you back in person at Alila Bangalore Hotel and Residence.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed at the Alila in whiteifeld for our honeymoon (1 night) and took a package that involves a custom ordered dinner in consultation with the chef. We also had a reasonable / average breakfast.
One of the best things was our couples massage - fantastic experience

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vivek,
Thank you for taking out time to give us your valued opinion. We are elated that you chose our hotel for such a memorable occasion. I’ve only just occupied the position of general manager and I will personally give our staff at the spa your heartfelt compliments. Thanks once again and I eagerly look forward to seeing you back soon, this time for a longer duration.

Bangalore
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I spent a night in the hotel which was very impressive. The room was quite small but I thought it was very cosy and comfortable. I had a great sleep until 11 am which I did not intend! I hadn´t requested a wake-up call otherwise I´m sure the staff would have seen to it that I got up in time!
The room was very tastefully done. As a rather raucous wedding party, we weren´t the easiest guests but the staff was very attentive and patient, responding to all our silly 4 am requests. Incredibly, possibly because of the way the acoustics are arranged, we didn´t bother any other guests. The staff would have told us otherwise.

The facilities are quite good, with a reasonably well equipped gym and a decent sized pool. Everything about the Alila is small and cosy, certainly not your vast Leela type hotel. It´s a small property but very classily done given its space constraint. I would recommend it for the business traveller which is what I imagine they are attempting to serve. Overall, a good hotel and recommended. At about a $100 - 150 USD a night, its definitely value for money because comparable hotels of this rating will set you back atleast $200 at the bare minimum. We booked a month ahead so that might be a reason for our $100 price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Mumbai
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Alila hotel is located in the outskirts of the city, and is well over an hour’s drive from the airport. Upon entering, one comes across a fairly open reception area which extends to a long corridor leading to the main coffee shop. The rooms were nice and cozy with a small private balcony. The property seemed fairly eco-friendly in all respects. The only funny part was the awkward placement of the wash basin area opposite the main bathroom along with the highly visible shower area which could barely be covered by drawing curtains. I thankfully had a single room though it must be quite awkward for two business travelers to share the room. The roof-top swimming pool was small and offered little privacy. Food was decent though not great. Overall, a neat and clean property with above average sevice levels and ideal for the budget-conscious business traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My first travel to Bangalore on a 2 weeks business trip, I would say it's a strongly recommended hotel. Like the Eco-friendly design of the hotel, really impressed by the staffs who are always so attentive and friendly which made us feel warm and welcomed, enjoy the stay with comfortable room and the nice food at the Tiffin Room where we had our dinners there every night. Thank you Alila for the pleasant stay and nice experience!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business