“Strongly Recommend it”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #85 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place is a hidden gem not known to many people. It is an excellent place to stay and I would recommend others to stay there as well. I loved the room immediately upon entering it. Each room is attached to a balcony which is open for guests to sit and relax. The hotel is upto 5th floor and above that there are residences. The pool is on the 5th floor and is active in the evenings. The reception area is open facing and one can also enjoy their food in different open areas. It appeared to me as if I am on enjoying holidays. Staff is very friendly and the selection of food is awesome. The toileteries offered in the room are all good quality and one has to option to buy them as well for their regular use from the SPA room.

All in all, wonderful place to be.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Krishna U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear RJ1970,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are very glad you liked our unique design of the hotel room and facilities. All you comments will be shared with our Alila hosts and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had been to Alila's lunch buffet on a weekday. Food was very good, flavours and spice levels catering more towards foreigners. Dim sums were very good. The ambience was good and soothing, with lot of wood around. Staff was very friendly and nice. Overall a very nice lunch experience. It's not a must visit place, but worth a try if you are around the whitefield area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear oota4prayana,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We at Alila are very pleased you enjoyed your lunch experience with us and all your feedback will be shared with our Alila hosts. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We went to Alila Bangalore for a short holiday cum business trip last year. Very neat place, the staffs were very accommodating. The room was gorgeous although was newly set up at the time. I believe now it is fully operational. Mr.Rahul , Kim and the others (forgotten their names) were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for leisure and business travelers .

The morning breakfast was fantastic. The pool area is active and happening in the evenings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Krishna U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Banu1983,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed you stay with us. All your feedback will be shared with our Alila hosts and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went to Bangalore for 10 days for a business trip. Alila was an excellent place to stay and if I'll be going to Bangalore again, I will definitely request to stay there again!
You need to know that Whitefield is a suburb/next-door town of Bangaluru. Since this was my 1st time in India, I was surprised to find out that even though it is only 10km to the Bengaluru city center, travel time is AT LEAST 60 mins. But my guess is that if you're coming here, you're working at an IT company with an office in Whitefield (many of them are) and that's why you are thinking of staying in Alila. Here are the things I liked:
+ very clean, recently opened, rooms are wonderful - exactly as on the photos
+ open-concept reception area a treat! It was very hot, but I don't enjoy AC too much, so it was wonderful to sit in the evenings and mornings and have my food in open areas: felt like being on holidays
+ very friendly staff, managers are vey pleasant and helpful
+ good restaurant, good selection of indian and european food
+ very nice soap, shampoo, shower gels offered in the room, it was a pleasure to use them
+ good massage in the spa on the premises
+ pool on the roof, on 5th floor, used it a few times - was good

Overall, going on a business trip to India was exciting but also somewhat challenging: long commutes, heat I'm not used to, cultural differences. It was a pleasure to come back to Alila in evenings, after work and after trips I tried to cram-in during my days off.

Few things I didn't like:
- no mosquito nets on balcony doors. I would have liked to have the option of sleeping without AC with the windows open
- service at the restaurant: quite often something was either wrong with our order or it took quite long
- spiciness of food: I had an upset stomach (i guess a common thing...) and asked to make some of the dishes absolutely not spicy. I realize my spiciness scale is very different from that of an average Indian person (theirs start where mine ends), but chefs in this type of hotel could be expected to be able to cook according to european guests (especially if the guest is asking for it due to health reasons)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MeWandering

Dear MaximinSlovakia,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, I am glad you enjoyed several different elements that Alila Bangalore offers, especially the bathroom amenities used. These are all organic and specially made for Alila hotels and resorts.

It was nice to see you had an opportunity to visit our signature Alila SPA which again uses signature organic products speecailly made for Alila hotels.

I have taken note of your comment in regards to the service in the outlets and it is being addressed and I am confident this problem will not arise in the future.

All you comments will be shared with our Alila hosts and I am certain we will strive even harder to please our guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A Modern stylish hotel in classic exposed concrete architecture, Loved the way rooms have been designed and a balcony for the best morning experience. Love to return to the Hotel. I was traveling to bangalore on a business trip which required me to stop over due to traffic and meeting timings. Went to the rooftop after 11. Alas being from Delhi didn't realize i was in BANGALORE. No after 11s. The bar and Grill at the roof top has priceless breeze which carries all the stress away.

1  Thank DushyantArya

Dear DushyantArya,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am glad you enjoyed Alila's unique design, an the use of natural tones to merge with Bangalore's environment. All your comments will be shared with our Alila hosts. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Nice place, quiet although directly located at a main road, with a very open architecture (reception and lounge are basically outside as there are no windows). I liked the interior decoration as well, bit of an understatement instead of the usual kitsch.
What relly stood out was the excellent service of well trained staff, friendly faces all over the place that can help you with anything, including organizing a day trip to Mysore with a driver that takes you to all the main sites and has a story to tell.
I also need to go on a diet as the food is great here - I especially recommend the Friday evening barbecue with cocktails included; try the soy glazed fish, absolutely amazing!
Rooms are more than large enough and very clean.
Love to come again!

1  Thank Mike L
Krishna U, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Mike L,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are all pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's unique design, service and food. All your feedback will be shared with our Alila hosts and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I am now a regular here. If you like an affordable, classy stylish small friendly well run boutique hotel with great food, cocktails and to die for wet rooftop pool then this is it. Very open plan and natural stones sculptures tasteful design unique in bangalore. Backs onto quiet fields and lake behind but still in middle of whitefields which has everything. The people here really try sincere warm service and make you at home. Try the killer kebabs and fresh creative cocktails at cool open air roof bar. If you do business east side then this is hard to beat and I have stayed in them all. The rooms are big tasteful and excellent. The beds and pillows are best in india. If you want polished marble and all chilling AC don't come here.

Room Tip: Stay at back overlooking quiet fields
1  Thank Nick S

Dear Nick S,
Firstly thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Alila hotel Bangalore, we are glad that you enjoyed our unique design and decor. Our chef has revamped the menu in Pasha the bar/grill on the pool deck and I hope you are able to come back soon and try out the new dishes. Once again thanks for your feedback, looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.