Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Travelocity
Wonderla Resort(Bengaluru)
US$105
US$102
All reviewstiffin roomsmall balconyfifth floorinfinity poolbusiness tripopen spaceduty managergeneral managerrooms are nicemain roadmemorable experienceroom servicein room diningbeautiful propertydinner buffetf bspecial mention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Located in Whitefield and on the main road it is easy to locate, however do not expect the local cabbies to know the place (google maps is more trust worthy). The hotel has a very peaceful ambience and minimalistic architecture with all modern facilities. Rooms are spacious and well maintained. Pool is beautiful but not very deep, adults need to watch out the stair inside the pool else can get hurt, kids would love it. Gym has the basic functional equipment.
Buffet breakfast is good with a large spread. Food is tasty, but the choice on the menu for Indian foodies is very limited and if you are a veggie you have almost nothing. A basic meal for two would cost you around Rs 1800/-.
Service is well below desired standards, however everyone is more than willing to apologise n times, rather than address the issue.
Considering the vast expanse of space available and ambience families with kids also can consider the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Unni Krishnan,

Many thanks for your feedback on Trip advisor. Alila Bangalore's design elements makes us very unique and surprisingly different. Our Infinity swimming pool is of a standard depth of 4 feet which makes it convenient and easy for the adults and kids alike. We are revamping our spread in Tiffin Room in terms of menu offerings and the same is slated to be launched and completed by May end.

I am very sorry on the service standards not meeting the desired levels that Alila is very famous for. We are addressing the issue by training our respective teams and will make sure that the same is taken care of soonest. Kindly accept my sincere apologies once again.

Do feel free to write to me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com whenever you are next in Bangalore. We would look for an opportunity to showcase our true Alila style of service and culture.

Your's in Hospitality

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Good things first - a resorty hotel in the middle of busy Whitefield. Not only it has a distinct look but a very warm ambiance.

But
1) food is bad and the service is equally bad and slow.
2) the food at restaurant Tiffin is extremely expensive and the servings are too little.
3) For an average indian diet we had to order 3 steamed rice and 3 Daals and 2Sides for a table for 4. Each vegetable/daal costed us INR 680.
4) service is pathetic, we got our food in shifts, no one would attend for water refills, the candle light etc

Very basic but they don't seem to get it.

Whitefield is full of great international hotels and restaurants and I'd rather try them than paying for an expensive tasteless food

After a spoilt evening, If I were to recommend this place, I'd say go for the ambiance and nothing else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashish R
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Ashish R,

At the outset, please allow me to thank you for choosing to stay with us. Thank you also for appreciating the overall design and ambience of the hotel.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience that you had to go through with the service and food standards in our restaurant. This is definitely unacceptable and something that our hosts should have paid attention to. Alila prides itself in having a lot of personalisation in its service levels offering varieties of the same. We will make sure to take this up with our team and train them all over again so that it is not repeated for any of our Guests in future.

The menu prices currently applicable for our dishes have only been kept after thoroughly doing a competition survey of the other hotels and the same is almost at par or even lower to some extent. However, we will re-look at the same again. We have also re-looked at the portion sizes and will make sure that the same is taken care of going forward.

We once thank you for your very valuable feedback and I personally assure you that they will all be taken care of. Do feel free to write to me directly on hjain@alilahotels.com, in case we can be of any further assistance. We however do look forward to another chance to show Alila's true hospitality culture.

See you soon!

Very Sincere Regards-

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It is at a very peacefull location with a quite neighbourhood. Service and Hospitality are at best. I would specially like to thank Mr Garveet Aurora @ Alila blore for making adhoc arrangement for me at late request.Rooms are comfy and ambience is also very nice.Traffice is a challenge as it takes lot of time in case you have to travel to central form whitefield. To summarise if you are looking to spend some quality time in bangalore with keeping yourself away from city life, Alila is the place and would definetly recomend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of hotel entrance have nice view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Parachin,

Many thanks for your lovely feedback. We take pride in training our Alila hosts in a way that they go all out of their way to serve and help our Guests. Garvit displayed the same while assisting you with adhoc arrangements. Alila Bangalore is very uniquely designed with lot of open areas around making it very different and giving a lot of feel to the overall ambience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had an amazing time at this hotel for the one night stay. The ambiance was delightful, the food was quite tasty. I have stayed at other hotels in the whitefield area and can say thus far my preference is the Alilia. Staff was very warm and welcoming. One of the strongest points I noted was the cleanliness of the hotel. I have encountered numerous hotels where the sheets have spots/stains/etc but Alilia's linen was a clean clean white.
The food was quite delightful, both the breakfast, a la carte (during lunch) and the room service. There were very few places which call for improvement given that Alila is not part of a huge hotel group like Marriott/Hilton. It provided the ambiance, decor, furnishings and treatment I would desire from a five star while maintaining a more relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the whitefield area whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Studio room is nice, and patio while not used actively had a nice touch. Have not tried out other rooms as yet, but if I do I will definitely add on and comment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Hemal J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear NVBBD,

We sincerely appreciate your lovely feedback about the hotel and services. Me and my team are delighted with your comments. We believe in maintaining a very subtle and simple interiors to give it a relaxed and cool atmosphere, which makes us very unique and surprisingly different. Thank you for appreciating the cleanliness of the hotel to which, I must admit, my staff pays very special attention. Our vide variety of menu options with good Chef's gives us a definite edge on the food front as well. We thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to Alila Bangalore.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I do a lot of traveling around the world, and the Alila is one of the best hotels that I've stayed in. The Alila has a lot of attention to detail, yet doesn't suffer from being too upscale as opposed to the Taj or Leela. The restaurant and Spa facilities are also excellent. The only drawback is the location - if you are planning to spend a lot of time in central Bangalore, the traffic can be tough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Simonguest,

We sincerely appreciate your lovely feedback about the hotel and services. Alila Bangalore has unique design elements with very subtle and minimilastic interiors and exteriors making us very surprisingly different. We don't believe in being too upscale but yet offer high standards of luxury and personalisation. Our Spa Alila offer's unique amenities flown all the way from Bali coupled with trained therapists. We are about 12kms from the city centre which during non-peak hours takes about 20minutes to cover. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.