“20 Char Restaurant - Delicious food and very good service”

Sterlings Mac Hotel
Ranked #81 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a review for the 20 Char restaurant at Sterling's Mac hotel.
I had seen the huge pillars on the front of the hotel everyday on my way to work and wanted to see how the hotel looked inside. Hotel Location is very good and well connected. The decor is quite exquisite and nicely made. The central area inside the building has a huge open space with the 20 Char restaurant open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I visited the restaurant with my wife for a dinner buffet. Ideally we would avoid buffets at night to reduce the food intake. But taking a look at the menu prices will make you think the buffet is a good value for money option allowing you to taste many different dishes at the same time without digging too deep into your pocket.

The food was absolutely delicious and we took 2 and half hours to complete our dinner slowly talking and eating. The restaurant staff are very courteous and visited our table many times to request for orders and ask if everything was okay. At some point, I felt annoyed by the extreme customer service and politely asked the waiter to not ask so many times as he seemed to be circling us every few minutes asking if everything is okay. He never came back but we were almost done. Being vegetarian, we felt the menu was quite above standards with many options for Veg folk. The food had great taste and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Overall, a good place for a romantic dinner with great service, good food and a large screen for watching sports.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pramod S
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed our immense pleasure having you visit us and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor about your recent visit at 'The Sterlings Mac Hotel Bangalore'.

I am very delighted to know that you are impressed with our interiors which is designed to perfection. We are happy to learn from your feedback that you found our food, service and facilities to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore!

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Sterlings Mac Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had stayed in the hotelon 7th June for one night and it is a good hotel with good choice and quality of food. The restaurant staff are quite pleasant and fast in service. The hotel interiors are very good. Only sore point is the size of room. We stayed in an executive room but executive room can not be so small that even one person will find it difficult to move in the room if the other person is using the chair provided in the room. I think even on comparable basis with other hotels of similar stature, executive room size can not be so small.This is a bit disappointment. Probably guests checking in should be willing to compromise on this aspect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Sterlings Mac Hotel.

Your compliments about the hotel, food & the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We have also noted your feedback about the room size we wish you to try our Deluxe room which is bigger than the base category for your future stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sterlings Mac Hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice location, exactly opposite Hotel Leela Palace, and next to the Manipal Hospital. Fantastic artworks as you want into the lobby. Excellent sense of colour palette in the rooms. The variety of food options for Room Service is huge, runs over 15 pages in the directory. Much more than value for money at this place.
Jun.2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our hotel, facilities and services.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations. It is our constant effort to ensure that we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us.

I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back at Sterlingsmac Hotel.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A beautiful hotel which is conveniently located. I stayed there last month and I must acknowledge that I had a very comfortable stay. The room was well equipped for business-travelers, good choice of menu in the F&B Outlets, and the staff is very prompt and hospitable. However, i feel the lobby should be a little more brightly lit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. The hotel is designed to match Indo - Asian concept due to which the interior of the lobby and atrium is very warm and pleasant.
We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

We would love to see you soon at Sterlings Mac Hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, no pushy staff
Everyone was very helpful. The hotel had an old world feel but very modern and spacious rooms. And probably has the cheapest mini-bar prices that I've seen.
The breakfast spread was very good, with enough choices for those who want their standard continental fix.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Your compliments about the food & the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Our chefs were also happy to note that you enjoyed your breakfast experience.

We have also noted your feedback regarding the mini-bar, and glad to know that u felt it reasonable.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

visited the hotel with family a fantastic place, rooms are great and beautiful, service is also good, swimming pool and gym are good, beautifully designed and good interiors room, its like the palace concept on the outside and the modern amenities in the inside

Room Tip: select room on the back or with pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Manoj,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

We would love to see you back soon at Sterlings Mac Hotel, Bangalore.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I checked out today morning from Hotel Matthan and sharing my experience.
* Check-in was a breeze. I was in the room in less than 5 min from the lobby
* Support staff who guided me to the room was friendly, smiling & explained me the services they offer which was very helpful
* Every time I called up their support staff from my room (Bar, Reception, In Room Dining Services, etc) - all of them spoke to me patiently and gave me clear and precise answers which is very refreshing and I never had any confusion about certain services & offers at the Hotel
* Every time I return to the room in the evening. It was crystal clear, well arranged. On my way to the room every staff, security personal I have eye contact - smile and greeted me warmly. This helped me switch to a good mood after a tiring day.
* Food is excellent both in-room dining options and the breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
* Staff at the Breakfast area were really nice and cordial.

Could have been better:
* The room size though it was a 250 SQFT room with King Bed, it looked much smaller than that.
* In the bathroom there always some sort of tapping noise which was not frustrating but definitely distracting which could be fixed

* Overall I had a peaceful, & pleasant stay at the Hotel Matthan. My heart says to give a Excellent rating but I am giving a Very Good because - in the service industry there is always room for improvement.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rAnJiThKuMaRnAiR
AryaSriniRao, General Manager at Sterlings Mac Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Ranjith,