Booked in because my regular hotel (Royal Orchid) was booked out. The hotel has apparently only been open for 3 mths and it shows.
Alot of frustrating things:
- Breakfast was a disaster - toaster did not work, when they cooked it they only did one side, omelette took about 15 minutes, small strawberry preserve on the table had been used by previous diner, juice glasses are the size of shot glasses, sausages and bacon cold
- Phone is an IP phone - but nowhere could I find how to call reception.
- Porter who bought up my bags spent 15 minutes explaining the most simple things (like 'this is where you hang your coat') then hung around for a tip. I wanted to bring up the bags myself but they insisted.
- Mini bar not refilled daily
- Cheap fittings - (cheap) form over function
- good location
- great showers
- room service was prompt and tasty
back to the Royal Orchid next timeMore
- Free Parking