“Worst booking experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Sundance Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I know this place has good reviews. Sorry to be the devils advocate but I had a bad experience with the booking process and with the management and I want others travelers to be aware of my experience.

Based on the reviews,I thought this would be a nice place to stay for my upcoming India trip. I contacted their phone number listed on their website to make the reservation. Their reception staff who was very calm, polite directed me to their owner and gave me the phone number to contact Mrs Bashkaran(owner). Problem starts here.

The owner is very proud that she has very good reviews on trip advisor. Looks like the owner doesn't care about new customers and she feels that all her old customers would come back based on their previous experience.

Based on the tariff advertised on their website, I checked about the rate for a 2 bed room apartment for 4 adults and a 2 year old kid for long stay of 1 month. She said 6000 + 18.5 tax which comes around 7000 for a 2 bed room apartment. The website advertised 4500 per day for 1 month stay. When I asked her about the price mismatch advertised on their website her quote, she said you have an extra person. I asked who? She said your kid. I was surprised. I asked you charge for a 2 year kid too? She said 'Yes we do'. I mentioned that none of the hotel or service apartments in India or around the world would consider a 2 year old kid as extra person.

She said the proud words again " I dont care about other hotels around India or around the world, our hotel is the best in Bangalore and we had happy customers in the past"

The conversation went on and she offered 5000 per day + taxes which was fine to me and agreed to pay but she asked for full payment for a month 14 days in advance before the stay???? She said all her customers are doing that and are happy with that. Wow.... is that true??? You haven't been to a place and you would deposit all the amount 2 weeks in advance? What if the hotels goes bankrupt and shuts-down next week after you make payment.

Anyways I wouldn't be staying at this place with such rude management. She tried to convince me saying well only the booking process is like that, once you are at the place you would not regret.
No way I'm going to stay at such a place where the management is so rude, advertises something on their website but doesn't stick to things, is not aware of the service industry.

I would better spend that extra 50 dollars per day and stay in a reputed hotel or service apartment. This place is not the only place in Bangalore

Beware! This hotel is for old timers only. New customers are not taken care of. Yes, you had customers who were happy with your service in the past but if you dont maintain that you would loose out soon. Thats not how the service industry work Mrs Bashkharan!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Ayesha S
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2015

Dear Gentleman Reviewer

In May 2015 I received an enquiry from a gentleman to book a two bedroomed apartment at Sundance for three nights. He agreed to wire transfer payment for a day’s stay to hold the booking until he read this review from you sir. So I explained the facts to him which are reported here. Dear Sir as you have reported in this review you engaged in a negotiation of price for a long stay of one month and came to a rate that was acceptable to you which was Rs 5000/- per night for a two bedroomed apartment. Taxes extra. Firstly sir thank you for accepting this rate . Sir as we let out only one apartment at our property, if available, for a long stay of a month we do collect the payment for a 30 day stay 14 days ahead of the booking for a one month stay. This safeguards our loss of a month’s rental if there is a cancellation by the guest. We do not relax this policy. We have however refunded payments based on special circumstances of the guest.

There are newer reviews for Sundance Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My sister-in-law, husband and I stayed at Sundance for 2 nights we had a great time, the staff was very friendly and helpful...Arjan had given us his phone number just in case we needed help and thankfully he did as we walked around for over an hour in the dark trying to find our way back to Sundance once we called him and he talk to the autoricha guy we were just around the corner but in the dark everything looked the same. Thanks Daisy for the great food you cooked...we enjoyed the Masala dosa and not sure of the name but it's cooked with soojee. I believe it was the best we ever ate, if we even go back to Banglore we will stay here again. Overall this place was clean and updated.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Browsing through the reviews recently I stepped upon yours. Although several months have gone by should you visit again you will be delighted to find the same smiling, devoted team, the same persons that cooked your breakfast and cleaned your rooms to the level of high satisfaction that you allude to. Like you several guests have chosen to stay at Sundance for all future visits as our guest records indicate. You will also find several improvements since then; bright lighting on the street and all around and a brightly lit name board so you will find the property easily. . I observe that you were highly satisfied and guarantee the same level of service to all guests on future visits

Reviewed 8 March 2013

A great place to catch your breath after a intense day in the city. Friendly and helpful staff, good and quiet spot in the city and walking distance from several restaurants and bars. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Simple but good intercontinental breakfast.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissJada
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay at our property and for sharing what you liked about Sundance. We continue to maintain cleanliness, good breakfasts and the best service. Even two years after your stay and review we have a team of dedicated staff that provides high standards of service, breakfasts and cleanliness with no increase in the tariff

Reviewed 8 October 2012

loved my stay in sundance!omg! I felt like a queen , loved the fuss and care all provided. hope to see you all again in dec 2012. will stay there any time .its so near every thing I needed to do. loved the breakfast each day. again I am booking this winter in sundance .

2  Thank Bharati e
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which is accurate and precise. We are pleased we have always delivered to your expectations and are delighted to find you and your family make it a preferred practise to stay at Sundance. Yes we still keep up the hot,tasty breakfasts; and spoiling our guests with our excellent service. Looking forward to hosting many more guests like you in 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed in Sundance Apartments last November and I truly recommed it! Clean and spacious rooms, a lovely garden, nice and tasty breakfast and a very good location. The highest point of the stay was the helpfull and extremely friend staff! My congratulations to Christine Bhaskaram and her team!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maiza P
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest. You have listed what you liked about Sundance : Service, spacious rooms, cleanliness, tasty breakfast, garden and location. Thank you. This sums up for future guests what they may be looking for.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed in Sundance for an extended stay last year. We were treated as part of their family. The staff at Sundance was very friendly and always available to assist us. The location of Sundance is ideal next door to UB City Mall (with fine dining places) and walking distance to Cubbon Park. The breakfast in the garden is something we would always remember. We liked the place so much we have already booked our next stay in Sundance! Thank you Christine and your staff.

M. Ravindra

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest. Thank you for your review. You have shared with other travellers what you particularly liked about Sundance. You have mentioned being treated like family. This is in line with the belief by Sundance team that we would like to treat guests as " our family would like to be treated when we travel out of town ". Its good that during your extended stay that you were able to discover parks, shopping and restaurants in the neighbourhood that you have mentioned.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We booked this stay based on it's reviews and its location and were not at all disappointed.

Welcome was warm and helpful and the apartment was fantastic. Choice of excellent Indian home made and western breakfast options, which we really enjoyed.

All the staff were absolutely fantastic and were super polite and helpful at all times.

I couldn't recommend this place more and will definitely be staying here when back with my family !!

One more thing is that this place is absolute value for money and could be sort of an home away from home for a longer stay.

Thanks to Mrs Bhaskaran and her staff for making our stay comfortable and feel at home.

2  Thank Santosh C
christinesundance, Owner at Sundance Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest. Thank you for sharing your experience and rating of Sundance. Located very near to UB City, Vittal Mallya Road, Lavelle Road and Cubbon Park guests have reported the " value for money " assessment
as you have done. You can walk around in the neighbourhood to get most of the entertainment you are looking for. Thank you for also mentioning about the Indian and western breakfast choices. These are all home cooked staright from our kitchen