“Some outstanding staff, but overall still lots to improve in the service”

ibis Bengaluru Techpark
Ranked #41 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Germany
“Some outstanding staff, but overall still lots to improve in the service”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It is the second time my company booked me in this hotel during my stay in Bangalore. Overall the location is very good to reach my company's location. The rooms are extremely spacious, but functional. A compensatory plus is the ability to use the better facilities (restaurants and pool) of the nearby Novotel, which is definitely better, but more expensive. Cleanliness of the room at arrival was rather poor, but thanks to the very helpful and attentive room management, this was given more attention after expressing my expectations. A particular thank you goes for me to Tanuja: extremely helpful and going beyond her duties to help! Also thank you to Amandeep and other outstanding persons in the management.

Areas for improvement:
Non management staff needs stronger improvement, both in terms of training and reliability when making a commitment:
1- Instances of not met reservations requirement (even though calling prior to arrival to confirm the same) and
2- lack of attention for basic guests needs (being called - and woken up (!!) in my room after check in - just a couple of hours after my arrival in the night just to confirm availability of a different room -- which could have been simply communicated when coming down for breakfast the next morning -- is not acceptable and indeed very disturbing!
3 - Also quite rude "running after" guests just leaving the restaurant to remind them to sign their bill -- when the same (and two times in a row) was indeed already been signed! Some staff should be better in checking their own requirements, before unnecessarily "chasing" guests!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Private P
ASampige, General Manager at ibis Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Bengaluru Techpark.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay .It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with Duty Managers Tanuja and Amandeep and the rest of our team. I am sure that this feedback will indeed serve as an encouragement to all of our team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product & services.

However, I am equally disappointed and sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations particulars in aspects such as room reservation requirements, cleanliness of the room upon arrival, seeking your signature on the food bill at the restaurant whereas you had signed the bill already and the call seeking for a room move at an odd hour already, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence by training and addressing each of the above mentioned concern with the respective teams in order to ensure these series of unfortunate incidents do not occur again.

Regards,

Ibis Novotel Bengaluru Techpark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am currently staying at IBIS from Aug 3rd till Aug 24th and my overall feeling is this is a terrible place to stay..... The brand name of Novotel will get spoiled if they dont improve the service of their affiliated brands.....
To start of with, my package included office transfers..... On my second day I had to wait for 90 mins after calling them to get a cab to pick me up from office. On my 3rd and 4th day, i missed my morning meetings, because they could not provide me with a cab even after letting them know my requirement atleast a day in advance and also reminding them again about 2 hours before my scheduled drop timings. On asking the front desk, they did not show any urgencies both the days on making alternate arrangements and asked me to take paid service incase I wanted.
Second on the breakfast they serve, the salads are not washed properly, eggs and sausages are stale and the sewaiya upma served has dirt in it.
I had the bad luck of having dinner at their Spice It restaurant 2 days..... On 1st day, i ordered a burger and it took them 60 mins to serve. On 2nd day, I ordered seafood pasta and they served the same with prawns not deveined. I returned my dish and asked them to clean the prawns before serving.... I had to tell this to 3 people including the chef, before they understood the same. I was surprised that they serve unclean prawns at a hotel of IBIS 's stature as this is a basic hygiene that is adhered to even by road side restaurants.
Third is definitely the incompetent front desk staff they have.... The staff does not bother to provide the guests with all the required information and I had a lot of issues due to that in the last few days.
The only good thing is the boy named Ashok who cleans my room.... He is very meticulous with his job and keeps the room very neat and clean. The days he is not there, the quality of the room cleaning says it all.
Overall, if you have a choice, please dont stay at this hotel. And even if you stay, please dont have food here as they are not hygienecally prepared.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank rituparna2001
Dear Ms. Rituparna,

Thank you for taking the time out in meeting us personally and giving us a detailed feedback on your stay. While i wish you had a better service experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

As you are aware that Ibis is a standardized product across the world and few of the valid suggestions hi-lighted by you have already been put into action and I am sure that you will find visible difference during your next stay.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nice hotel esp. value for money. Good food and variety in buffet....rooms are small but good for single occupancy. with the kind of tariff on offer, IBIS offers all the comfort that you want. In case you want luxury, opt for Novotel which is just beside and can prefer staying there.

Room Tip: Stayed on 4th floor (non smoking room)...found it peaceful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ASampige, General Manager at ibis Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Ibis Bengaluru Techpark and for taking the time out to give us your generous feedback.

Ibis is a world renowned brand known for its quick & efficient service and our rooms are similarly designed across the world. As you rightly mentioned we have the advantage of luxury in the same hotel campus by having Novotel next door - where the rooms are much bigger in size when compared to Ibis.

Sakarya Province, Turkey
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed one week in this hotel in 2013. IBIS quality is same all around the world I think. Restaurant was fine, usually I preferred fresh fruits and simple foods but all was delicious. I recommend their desserts. Staff was very kind and helpful to me. My room was very clean. Bangalore weather is very interesting not cold not hot because of that no need take too much stuff in you luggage.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ünsal Y
Dear Unsal Y,

Thank you for staying with us at the Ibis Bengaluru Techpark and for taking the time to give us your generous feedback.

As your are aware Ibis is a world renowned brand known for its quick & efficient service and our rooms are similarly designed across the world. As you rightly mentioned we at Ibis take pride in providing simple yet delicious food for all kinds of palette.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a stay for close to 13 days in IBIS as we an accommodation from my Wife's company and what ever I am writing here this is my personal observation over a period and hence nothing has happened as so called BY Chance or accidentally. I had observed these repetitively happening in spite of the complain or bringing this to the notice of management.

The fact is that IBIS has a lot of IT clients who book the rooms for a very reasonable rate (not that much but from corporate point of view) for very short to long period of time. So i think the management has a "Who CARE attitude" or they don't bother what feedback who is giving as they are getting continuous business and it hardly matter who is writing what and where. Which is also a fact and true. If it would have been a tourist place and business solely depend of tourist then it might have been in effect.

Cost cutting is the main mottoo of the management.

Now lets talk about in sections.

Rooms:

Pathetic design of the rooms. So small that you can't even breath properly. If a couple with kid enter into a double occupancy and with couple of bags.. then they have to sleep on the bed with the bags on head. he he.. because u will not be able to move around because of no space. i must appreciate the architect who has designed this model of NOT optimally but going beyond that to use the space to create room. The bath room is just OHH MY GOD.... its like u just stand and take bath.. then come out of the bath room. Then in side the room you have to use the towel to get dry. THERE IS NO SPACE IN SIDE THE BATHROOM TO GET DRY USING THE TOWELS..Seems funny.. but its true..

Not sound proof. While you are sleeping you will get disturbed of the TV running beside room or people talking on the corridor.Sometime its very irritating.

TV remote is a JOKE. in 13 days I have changed my remote close to 10 times. Tonight it will be working. Next day while comming from office it was not working. Few times i marked that it was not working becuase it has been changed. What it mean, If i complain, they will pick from some other room and give it to me. Similarly if someone else then from my room. Its going on like that. Basically Round robbin.

Service:

Regarding Rooms I think IBIS now can hardly do anything but one thing they could have done is improving the service at least. But as said above the management is in "Who care" Mode because of the corporate business. Also who came for day or 2 to stay from company, why they care of the stay.

They are maintaining the hotel like a economical hotel. You will find just that is required and if not present that will be ok. If it is a double occupancy its mandatory that there should be 2 Towels given in the room. 1st day it was there. 2-5 day it was not there. I complained 6th-7th day it was there and then again for rest of the days it was not there. I stopped asking.

News papaer is a fundamental thing needs to be provided for each corporate booking. I asked for it. 1st 6-7 days they kept it, then it stopped. After that Even i asked 2/3 times, it never deliverd to me again. The reception used to say yes and then no service next day. I got tired and stopped asking.

There is no room service number from the intercom. But there is something called "guest service". You have to literally wait for 5 minute for someone to pick the call if you are lucky(few times the call get timeout and no once pick the call also..). God knows from Mars, i think they arrang for someone to pick the call for guest who are GOD..he he..seems funny.. but that is true.

Face towel and Foot towel are same. Imagine today your foot towel can be next day anyone's face towel..lol

Cab to office was also not on time.

Front desk people are not much helpful and always look very rude.

Food:

Believe me food is just ok. Very Boaring as i observed over a period of time. After 2 days we will not feel like eating also. 90% menu remains the same. Basically the materails remain the same, few things here and there changes. ONly 1 item or something. Taste is ok ok.. you can't say delicious. Specially sweet dises are very repetative.

As i said cost cutting is the motto, hence there is no expensive items in the food. In 13 days i have never seen any item with Goat mutton in the menu or prawns. Its all Chicken always which is less expensive. Non veg menu is very limited only 1 or 2 items one time. During my stay they stopped the live counter (for chinese foods) for Dosa festival which was running for 30 Days.. Can you imagine, what a nice way to provide cheap food for 10 days. In the Dosa also there is something called Prawn Dosa.. once i ordered and I found 8-10 very small (actually Shrimps) prawns.....Wow...who can eat Dosa for how many times in a day and how long and i did not understand the reason for stopping the live counter...

1st time once in the the morning bf, Veg soft noodles were smelling like anything that you can't even have the plate near you (like that of yesterday cooked). I reported this to the chef.. according to him the smell is ok to him and that is fine. Ohh God...He was telling me to throw the plate and take a new one but that day i had other foods also in the same plate. i don't like wasting food, so i denied(ate other food and not these noodles). But next few days i checked and its the same and i never tried after that.

I feel pity on the service staff in the dinning. In spite of the fact that during BF, lunch or dinner its too crowdy the staffs always remain the same that to 4/5 who will be running around like anything to serve you. Once i ordered for Butter Naan and after 30 min also in spite of 2 reminders it did not get delivered and finished with my dinner. I never ordered anything after that. I won't make the waiters responsible for this, only few people for such huge crowd. Its the responsibility of management to have more people during pick time for better service. Again cost cutting.

BF.. lunch and dinner all same menu and taste...

Take Home:

Not worth the Price if paying from Pocket. YOU must be wondering then why i have given 3 star in spite of all above.

the reason is It was free for me from office. You can't complain always when its coming free.

If the Corporates will listen to their employees feedback seriously and take some action and stop giving business then I think there will be some change in the service.

If you are paying from your own pocket then i would suggest to try somewhere else.

The ONLY good thing is that its clean from outside and you feel good while you are in reception or in the corridors. But the real picture will only be seen if you stay for long.

But people who will be staying for 1 night or 2 night only for business purpose might get hardly realize these facts and that is what IBIS management is banking on and taking the advantage.

Dear Amit,

Thank you for taking the time out in writing a detailed feedback on your stay. Really appreciate your time and effort.

As you are aware that Ibis is a standardized product across the world and there is nothing much we could do on the size and layout of the room, having said that we have already discussed all the the service concerns/lapses highlighted with our team and have initiated necessary preventive action.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have used this hotel through our company for multiple times. Staff are very courteous and food is also ok. Some good points:
1. Courteous staff
2. Restaurant services
3. Price
Some improvements:
1. Restroom can be equipped with some minimum toiletry other than just soap
2. Deserts shall be improved, choice for pure veg is less

1 Thank Sreekanth_vrinda21
ASampige, General Manager at ibis Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Sreekanth,

Ibis is a world renowned brand known for its quick & efficient service and our rooms are similarly designed across the world. Points hilighted for improvement have been discussed with concerned departmental heads and we would initiate necessary actions at the earliest.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a horrible stay at IBIS Bengaluru Techpark. Staff was rude, food service was bad, guest service pathetic and Duty Manager was unreachable.
On Day 1 - When I checked-in TV wasn't working. The tech guy took 30 mins to respond and eventually the TV remote was changed. Why was it not checked before!
Day 2 - Since, I have recently become a member of Le Club, the hotel systems weren't able to
identify my membership number. It became all the more difficult since I haven't received the
card yet. But have received an email saying that membership benefits can be used.
Day 3 - TV again wasn't working. When I complained, I was told that the server was down.
I don't beleive this as TV was working in the gym, other rooms and common areas
like restaurant. Tiolet paper wasn't replenished a day before. So, there was no tiolet paper
in the morning. When I requested to get it...it never came! I had to manage it
without tiolet paper. When I asked to speak with the duty manager, he wasn't available. I was told that he will contact me. which never happened. I didn't get a call from duty manager.

Day 4 - Instead of a face towel, the foot towel was placed in the bathroom. I couldn't resist but to complain again. I again asked to speak with duty manager. But he wasn't avaible and I was told that he will contact me. Duty Manager, Dev, contacted me after sometime. He got the towel replaced at night at 11 pm.

Morning cabs to office are usually late!

Overall - This was the worst stay I ever had. I stayed here for the second time but they don't value repeat customers.

1 Thank Namit G
Dear Namit,

Thank you for taking the time to explain your feedback over the phone to our Front Office Manager last week.

While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

Please be rest assured that all the areas hilighted by you have been personally looked into by me and necessary corrective actions have been initiated.