“Great business hotel”

Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
Ranked #27 of 667 Hotels in Bengaluru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Delhi
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I started at Novotel as I was in b'lore for work. The hotel is right opposite techpark (ecospace) and Intel campus. Hope provides complimentary pick up and drop to these offices which is a big bonus and it's a very good location. The rooms are small but all of them overlook the swimming pool area.

The breakfast times are aptly set and starts at 6:30am and they have a good breakfast selection.

Dinner menu is limited unless you want to go for buffet dinner.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Inderpreet
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Inderpreet,

We very much appreciate your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. It`s always a pleasure to read through such genuine reviews.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the 5th hotel I've tried in the Bangalore area. I choose the Novotel because my companies Bangalore office has moved and it is much more convenient. The other hotels I've previous stayed in are a good 30-40 minute drive and with traffic the way it is in Bangalore, I thought I try it.

The room:
I had a premier room on the top floor. Overall the room is very nice. The bed was very comfortable, had multiple reading lights and universal electrical outlets. Its one of the first hotels I've stayed at that had more than enough outlets and made them easy to reach, which was appreciated since I sleep with a CPAP. The are two wardrobes, one safe for valuables and its large enough for my laptop/CPAP to both be in there. The room has laminate wood flooring, and couch and laptop stand and a narrow desk and char. And while the hotel is near the main road, the soundproofing was excellent. While in the room, road noise was never heard.

The chair provided for the desk is the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE piece of furniture I think I've ever sat on in my life. Even attempting to use a pillow, I could not be fixed. It is completely nonfunctional and clearly there for the look. And while hotel which has had multiple complaints on TripAdvisor about it, it hasn't taken the comments to heart and fixed it. I tended to work on the provided laptop stand and couch which while not ideal were workable. The room is a little small, but certainly works fine. the bathroom sink and toilet area are a bit small, but the shower is over-sized with a both a hand held sprayer and a rain shower head. The water pressure and temperatures were good. The provided bathroom amenities were very good, soap,shampoo, gels. Mini-bar was big enough and priced reasonably.

It was the first Indian hotel to provide an iron/ironing board in the room without asking. I used the laundry service since it was included in my room rate. Items were pickup and dropped off on-time and I had no complaints with the service.

Restaurants:
The lobby restaurant is a bit of a mixed bag. The evening dinner buffet was very disappointing. The variety was ok, but the quality is poor, and its expensive. I strongly recommend against it. However, when I ate off the menu, for either lunch or dinner, the food was good.
The breakfast buffet is certainly better than the dinner buffet, but not as good as other local hotels I've stayed in the past. I certainly never left hungry and the freshly made food, eggs, pancakes, waffles were good.

I ate twice at the pool restaurant and this was very good. I had a burger one night and had the Sunday night barbecue all you can eat, but it was all freshly made and very good. This was a very good value.

I ordered room service 2-3 times, food was easy to order, brought up in the promised time frame and the quality of what was delivered was very good and cost reasonable.

I ate a small lunch at the coffee shop on a Saturday. I had a piece of quiche and a cappuccino. It was good, but they have no dedicated staff so I had to wait a bit to pay the bill.

Transportation:
Transportation was easy to arrange to the office. The range of pickup/drop off times was limited ( if you were being provided transportation ). The drop off range worked fine, but the pickup range was not late enough for me. But since the hotel was close enough I could either walk or a collage would drop me off. The drivers did a good job with airport pickup/dropoff and communication was good. I only shared a car on one drop off.

Pool:
I used the pool over the weekend. It was not very crowded and it is large enough to lap swim in, which I did. There was comfortable lounge furniture and given the few people, enough of it. There were also some tables. The water / pool were clean and well kept. There is a bit of traffic noise out near the pool so its not the oasis you'd expect.

Staff:
The staff was friendly and helpful and did a wonderful job trying to see to every need.

Overall:
I would probably stay again given the convenience factor, but its not as nice as some of the other hotels I've stayed in, but to be fair, those were also more expensive and less convenient to the office. For those from the US, I would probably put this hotel in the Marriott Courtyard class. I was originally going to give three stars because of my unhappiness with the evening dinner buffet, but once I switched to the menu and tried some of the other restaurant choices, I decided to give in 4 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jonbier
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write to us , it gives me an immense pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us ..

I have shared your valuable feedback with my team which will motivate us to perform better every time , meanwhile i do appreciate your comment about the chair in the room & food quality on the buffet,please be rest assured that we are taking necessary actions @ inititaives on the above mentioned points.

Looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Bengaluru

Warm Regards

Ibis - Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I coming here for business and stay at this hotel. The rooms is very nice and very clean. But I think can be better and i find boring. The servicing is also good. The food is also not bad here. I not stay in the room so much as I am out with client all day. But I think fair to give 3 star

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Inder,

We very much appreciate your feedback about your stay at our hotel.I wish you get more time to explore the hotel on your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at the Novotel Bangalore Techpark a couple of times during Business trips. The experience has always been pleasant and hassle free. The rooms will live up to most stringent cleanliness standards. The staff are cordial and ready to assist. The breakfast buffet is excellent

Room Tip: Take a room with the breakfast buffet included, its worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mayukh R
Dear Mayukh,

Jerusalem
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 12 days last month and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.In short, I would definitely stay here for my next trip - this hotel comes well recommended.

The Hotel was very close to my work (5 minutes). The room was well organized, clean and comfortable. The staff and service was excellent, courteous and always with a smile. There were good food choices (both Indian and western) and it was too tempting to refuse. You might put on weight during your stay :-)

WiFi was good and fast, the gym was well setup and the Spa was just reopening as I was leaving.

Room Tip: try to get a room on a higher floor facing the lake.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed @ the hotel for 10+ days, extremely good service, very cordial staff and good food. You can see each & every staff greet you tirelessly and with great smile. Love the buffet spread for breakfast and dinner, especially best desserts during dinner. I once personally called the pastry chef to applaud his work. Befriended a Belgium gentleman @ the hotel and he also narrated some of his experiences at hotel.

Room Tip: Ancillary services (laundry/transport) are quite overpriced when compared to other hotels around. BB...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ASampige, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, 23 June 2014