“Fab hotel.... Wonderful food....Charming staff”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #6 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed here for perhaps one of the best new years with my family. Had an amazing party on new years eve. A very lavish spread indeed compared to what Mumbai hotels offer after party on a new years. The hotel is situated in a very beautiful clean complex so u don't end up on a chaotic street as soon as u step out of it. The mall outside means u have plenty of options to kill your free time. The staff is extraordinarily courteous and friendly. Become a spg and the rates become more friendly than they are. My special thanks to bartender Kumar (couldn't figure out the first name after his fantastic and authentic cocktails started taking effect) for the perfect mash up in the cocktails.
My recommendations :
Persian Terrace : Amazing evenings in the open (subject to weather)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are supposedly bigger and more view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kanishka07
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Kanishka07,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

I’m glad you chose to spend a special occasion like New Years Eve with us and had a memorable experience. The “Twilight” themed night was indeed the biggest New Year’s Eve party in the city with fun, feasting and festivities in all dining venues with international acts and foot tapping music. It pleases me to hear you had a wonderful time.

As you rightly said, being located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave of Brigade Gateway, Sheraton Bangalore is connected via a sky bridge to the World Trade Centre and Orion Mall for our guests’ business and pleasure. I’m glad you found the food at Persian Terrace, our award-winning signature Persian cuisine restaurant to be up to your taste and that the cocktails served were exactly how you’d like them.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Martin Wuethrich

Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is one of the best business hotels I have stayed at. It's a brand new property - the rooms boast a modern decor, the gym is well equipped and the general areas are plush and nice. The staff is helpful and friendly, the food options range from Indian to Italian to Persian and are all great.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear mahenn123,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to hear that you found the service and amenities to be up to your desired standards during your stay with us. Having opened our doors to gests in May 2011, Sheraton Bangalore is the closest Five Star Deluxe hotel to the Bangalore International Airport and being connected to the Orion Mall and World Trade Centre makes us the perfect choice for guests looking at business or leisure.

Sheraton Bangalore offers the largest entry size rooms (39 sq mts) and I’m glad you found these spacious with all the required amenities. Sheraton Fitness Centre programmed by Core Performance offers our guests state of the art fitness equipment and a set of dedicated fitness instructors to guide you with the perfect workout plans designed specially for you. I’m happy the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy, living up to the core values of Sheraton and made you feel at home. At Sheraton Bangalore we have a total of six food and beverage venues and lounges, each offering a unique dining experience and I’m glad you enjoyed dining at these venues.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and sincerely hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here just before Christmas 2012. Very quiet as the business crowd was missing. It serves well as a stop over hotel if you are beginning a tour of India from Bangalore. Great location for business with an accompanying partner too. The movie theater has new English movies (we saw the recently released Hobbit - buy your ticket early as it gets busy - but great seats). The mall has a supermarket, bars, different food outlets, international brand shops, bowling alley. The Club Lounge was well run with good food, lattes and beers/wine in the evening. Good pool area/gym. Wifi worked well too.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are good - city view if you like watching the city lights and traffic, pool/lake vi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear GlobalServicesGuy,

Greetings from the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

I’m glad that your experience staying with us was pleasurable and that you found the services and amenities to be of International standards.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sufficient lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that puts us a few steps away from the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall, Columbia Asia Hospital and a beautiful man made lake. The hotel is also connected to the World Trade Centre and Orion Mall via a sky bridge for the convenience of our guests. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the benefits of the location of the hotel. It pleases me to hear that you found the food and beverage options at the Sheraton Club Lounge to be up to your desired taste and enjoyed the experience there. Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance is a signature Sheraton concept world over and I’m happy you were able to explore the facilities and enjoyed the experience.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Overall a very good experience at this 5* hotel except for a few hiccoughs.

High commendations for the following:

1. The EXCELLENT care provided by the staff who catered to my EVERY need. (Including a last minute cake surprise for a family member, complete with candles, flowers etc..). Special mention to Venkatesh to helped put it all together. Also they were all very friendly and welcoming no matter the time - from the doorman, to concierge, wait staff and service staff.

2. The high quality food be it breakfast, room service or at their multiple restaurants. They nailed the Western-style dishes which were truly up to international standards.

3. My well appointed room (12th floor, lake facing) which was beautifully decorated with a super comfortable bed and a gorgeous bathroom. The plentiful free bottled water was much, much appreciated.

4. Lovely outdoor dining area and pool deck. In fact, the entire hotel was beautifully maintained and appointed right from the front entrance.

Here is where things went a little wrong or could have been improved:

1. I woke one morning to ants in my room. While the staff did all they could to help shift me to another room, it was unfortunate that the pesticide guy started treating the room whilst I was still in it!

2. The hotel car service is overpriced, and my guess is that they are likely capitalising on the distance from the main city and scarcity of taxis in the area.

3. The swimming pool was far too cold to be enjoyed (though I have since been informed that few hotels in India have any sort of heating system in place).

4. I was required to cut my stay short due to business matters however staff inferred that I would be charged the full amount for an additional night due to my initial reservation. This is not something I've come across in all my travels as reservations are usually just that - a reserved room - not an all-binding obligation. Given also that I made no special requests for a discount after the ants drama, I was surprised at the gesture on behalf of the hotel. The matter was apparently resolved when my business liaison spoke to the hotel directly.

This hotel is great if you have work in the area. The air is clearer, the roads in the vicinity are all paved and the nearby mall is worth exploring. Though be mindful it is a good 50mins away from the main CBD of Bangalore. If you have work closer to town, I'd suggest an alternative.

Room Tip: Must go pool/lake facing. Try and ask for an upgrade to a Club Room... I didn't and now wonder...

Dear Agphysio,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for the effort you’ve put in to give us a detailed feedback on your experience staying with us. We value your feedback as it is quintessential that we deliver the best of services in accordance with our guests’ desires.

I’m glad the associates were able to take care of all your needs and I will definitely convey your appreciation to them. I am sure they will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with warmth and courtesy. Sheraton Bangalore offers guests six food and beverage venues and lounges and I’m happy that the food and ambience at these dining venues were up to your desired taste. Sheraton Bangalore offers the largest entry size rooms in the city and I’m glad you found these spacious and comfortable with all the necessary amenities.

Sheraton Bangalore is the closest five star deluxe hotel to the Bangalore International Airport (31kms) and just 8kms away from the city centre and as you rightly said Bangalore biggest mall is connected to the hotel via a sky bridge for the convenience of our guests. I regret the inconvenience caused to you with respect to the ants treatment and the fact that the water in the pool was not at the right temperature. It is unfortunate that there was slight confusion during check out. I will definitely look into all issues addressed by you and ensure the next time our guests do not face similar problems. I’m glad you found the overall experience pleasurable.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

The staff at this location was AWESOME. The hotel was good as well when you stay in a hotel for 40 +++ days you see the good and not so good overall I would rate the hotel a 4 the staff 5++++. What the hotel lacked the staff made up for with our son.

Dear John R,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to hear such positive feedback from a much-valued long staying guest like you. As you rightly said, staying for a long duration makes you experience all aspects of the hotel and I’m glad you found the experience pleasurable overall.

At Sheraton Bangalore, or core values are Warm, Connected and Community and I’m happy the associates were able to take care you and your family and do everything possible to ensure you had a ‘Home away from home experience’. I will definitely convey your appreciation to all associates and I’m sure they’ll be encouraged to continue to serve guests with warmth and courtesy.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I had multiple stays at this sheraton over the last one month and being a platinum have access to the club lounge and do spend quiet a bit of time at the lounge doing my meetings and as well as reading. The people at the lounge makes the lounge as to what it is. The evening cocktails are very well done, along with the people serving it. Overall this hotel is quiet good, except for time it takes to commute to it from the city. The people I want to recognize at the lounge are parvathy, Yatharth, Sowmya, Pragya, Roohi and Suraj.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear FreqTravellor,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

It pleases me to read such positive feedback about the hotel and the service provided by the associates. I’m glad you had a comfortable and pleasurable stay with us and specially enjoyed the experience at Sheraton Club Lounge.

It pleases me to hear that you found the food and beverage services, specially the variety of cocktails offered up to your desired taste. Sheraton Bangalore Hotel is the closest five star deluxe hotel to the Bangalore International airport (31 kms) and just 8 kms away from the city centre. I will definitely convey your appreciation to the concerned associates and I’m sure this will only encourage them to continue to serve guests with warmth and courtesy.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway in the year ahead!

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I am currently staying at the Sheraton, Bangalore and I must say it is a beautiful, modern hotel. The location is great. You have a mall and many restaurants right next to the hotel. The security is second to none. It is impressive to see that ALL the staff greet you with a smile and a good morning. I am staying in one of the club rooms and it is absolutely lovely. The club lounge staff are very accomodating and very sociable. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone I know and I don't have any complaints about it.

2  Thank UKTravellers831
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear UKTravellers831,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for your kind words of appreciation and are glad that your experience staying with us has been pleasurable. Located in the self-sufficient lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway, Sheraton Bangalore Hotel is connected via sky-bridge to the World Trade Centre and Orion Mall, for our guests’ business and pleasure. It pleases me to hear that you’ve found the connectivity to the mall and the location of the hotel a plus point.

We at Sheraton Bangalore put the safety and security of our guests and associates first and are happy to hear that you appreciate the efforts taken in this respect. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed dining at our food and beverage venues and found the service and taste up to your desired expectations. It pleases me to hear that you’ve found the Sheraton Club Lounge experience enjoyable and will definitely convey your appreciation to the associates. I am sure your kind words will encourage them to continue to deliver the best of services to our guests and serve them with warmth and courtesy.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway in this New Year!