“Nice place, few hitches”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #3 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mercer Island, Washington
“Nice place, few hitches”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is near company offices in the city so the location couldn't be better. The rooms are great, although I was placed in a smoking room counter to the preference that was stated in my booking. I believe I was upgraded to club level as a consolation. However, this was not communicated to me and when I inquired about changing I was informed that all rooms were occupied and that I should check back tomorrow. It would have been nice for them to just handle this and communicate with me if options were available for the following nights. Had I been sensitive to smoke this would have been a much bigger issue.

They have a fancy light based 'do not disturb' system. So you press a little light switch by the door instead of a hanging card. I forgot to hit the switch when leaving the room on the first day and by the time I returned after a full day did not have the time to hassle with requesting service. I think the 'old fashioned' card works fine...

The main restaurant is pretty good. The breakfast was nice and there are lots of Indian and Western options available. The dinner I had on the night of arrival was decent, but the service was really slow.

Overall this a very nice hotel and any westerner would feel right at home. I'm sure I'll return based on the location and I know that I can expect a decent experience.

Room Tip: Verify that you get the smoking assignment that you request.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear ducttape2,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Sheraton Bangalore offers the largest entry size rooms in the city (39 sq mts) and we're glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. Our core values are warm, connected and community and it brings me great pleasure to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Saurabh Bakshi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is centrally located and very good in terms and service and quality. I enjoyed my one night stay here. overall it is great value for money. I can recommend ppl to use their Spa and pool the food is also good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear MithileshMIC,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. It pleases me to know that you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Shine spa for Sheraton at Sheraton Bangalore is the very first in India. We have 10 treatment rooms which would cater guests in couples and individually to give guests the relaxing environment. We have a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a range of cuisines and we are glad to hear that you found the food and beverage offerings up to your desired standards.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The location of this hotel isn't so great... not a lot around the hotel, but there was a large shopping mall across the street.

However, the staff was fantastic. Very friendly and helpful as well as responsive. The rooms were very nice and clean and the internet connection was good.

The hotel restaurant had many selections and all of them were pretty tasty. Certainly not the best meals I have had, but for a restaurant in a hotel, they were pretty good and I can't complain. Everything was buffet style, so all you can eat which never works out well for me. There was a nice selection of more traditional Indian food as well as American/British selections. For breakfast, there was much the same with the addition of oatmeal and cereals, where were welcome.

If you are in Bangalore and wish to do some sightseeing, the hotel will supply a car for about $60 a day... the driver will drive you around anywhere you want in a nice, air conditioned vehicle, which was great. The driver was super friendly and very helpful, an absolute pleasure. I wish I could remember his name now.

Although I was here on business, I had a fantastic time thanks to the staff at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again without question.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Josh Z,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found the service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. Feast, our signature multi-cuisine dining venue offers dishes ranging from Western, Oriental and Indian cuisines and we are glad that you enjoyed the spread at offer.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A very comfortable hotel made memorable by the staff - charming and most helpful. Also has a very nice pool, a first class gym and an excellent breakfast spread. The place to stay in Bangalore and I hope one day to return.

Room Tip: Rooms are double glazed so external noise won't be a problem. Might be a little noise from lift...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear JeanPP,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've been to a lot of countries and I've slept in many Starwood hotels, amongst them various Sheratons.

Sheraton Bangalore is definitely by far the most beautiful Sheraton from the inside!

What you also will find inside is: A friendly and committed team of people to serve, guide and help you, led by one of the most charismatic and philosophic general manager (=leader) I've ever met.

However, I have to warn everyone for the delicious food! It makes you go for more! The variety of tastes and flavours are like a blessing for your taste buds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TicoMagdalena,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. We have a total of six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique experience and it pleases me to know that you had a pleasurable dining experience with us.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Sheraton and Luxury go Hand in Hand. One of the best places to stay in Bangalore. Warm welcome with 0 charges of early check in.. Boy I was amazed to see that. It's in Brigade Gateway Bangalore.

Best Points of the Hotel
1. Amazing Rooms
2. Infinity Pool
3. Awesome Entertainment
4. Excellent Shopping Mall next to the hotel
5. Most rooms get the pool side view
6. Awesome Fitness Center
7. The breakfast is out of the world Amazing.. Excellent taste. Caters a lot of cuisines.
8. The Lobby is also awesome.
9. Standard Sheraton Style Bathrooms
10. Free Early Check in! (Thanks to Shubra Sharma soo much! ! )

Some of the disappointing things about the place , which NEEDS Improvement
1. Key Cards don't work properly. That is annoying. I had to insert it at least 4-5 times to get it right. Best of it, not just me a couple of others also had the same problem.
2. There is NO FREE WiFi. A Big Disappointment ! !! :(

All in All Best place to stay!! Go for it!

Room Tip: Choose ANY. SPG guests have a different floor. Ask for rooms there :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Shreyas2415,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. We have taken note of your concerns and assure you that we will do our best to have these resolved.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I ended up canceling a different hotel reservation to the Sheraton Bangalore as was highly recommended hotel by our office team. This place is perfect and lived up to its reputation.

Since I was travelling almost 02 weeks continuously, I got sick due to weather change and had fever & stomach upset, I shared my sickness to the Manager on Duty Mr. Shakti, (do not remember his full name), Shakti responded the situation promptly and also ensured that I was well looked after, The doctor was arranged for me who took just 15 minutes, what a customer service, Thank you so much, I never expected such a quick response, Later I was fine. I would like to thank Sachin at concierge for helping me in getting the medicines on time and was ready to help all the time.
The hotel staff gave me such care that is comparable to a hospital! , Most every staff member helped me through my sickness, supplying me with lemon juice & a rice soup repeatedly throughout the day, giving me directions on how to beat the sickness.
Concluding, I just want to thank Mr. Shakti! And the rest of the hotel staff for keeping a smile on my face even though I was throwing up my entire insides out throughout the day, and I have never been to a hotel that had such amazing customer service.
THANK YOU THANKS YOU THANK YOU!

Thanks again

Room Tip: Sheraton staff, you treated me like family and will always remember my experience here. Thanks agai...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arvind272472
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Arvind272472,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. Your kind words of appreciation will definitely be conveyed to the associates and I am sure this will only encourage them to continue to serve our guests with warmth and courtesy.