“The hotel has great staff”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #5 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“The hotel has great staff”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at Sheraton on 10/11 May and I can’t tell you how comfortable and memorable my stay was. It was all because of Saurabh and his team at Sheraton. They all looked after us very very well. The staff at the restaurant was very caring and smiling all the time. It was a great experience and they were treating me like I was some VIP. Let me tell you, there was a vast difference from my stay last year.
Great location. Good Orion Mall next door. Artificial Lake.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Ajay33,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. It pleases me to know that you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values are warm, connected and community and I'm glad that the associates were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and courtesy.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Saurabh Bakshi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my 3rd stay here. I have yet to be disappointed. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, well-lit, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is one of the best in Bangalore. (Stayed in 7 other properties here). I enjoyed a relaxing day at the pool, great workouts in the well-outfitted fitness center, and dinner at the restaurant on the pool level (sorry, can't remember the name). Service was outstanding throughout the hotel. The executive lounge is great. One drawback, they advertise a 'high tea' service in the afternoon. Didn't happen during any of my 3 stays, even when I asked about it.
One very enjoyable perk of this location is the mall and grounds adjacent. Good restaurants and nice area to stroll, safely after dark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Better views than from the other side...in my opinion.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear T204raveler,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Sheraton Bangalore offers one of the largest entry size rooms in the city(39 sq mts) and it pleases me to know that you found these spacious and comfortable. We have a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a range of cuisines and we are glad to hear that you found the food and beverage offerings up to your desired standards. High Tea is offered at the Sheraton Club and on your next visit it would be a pleasure welcome you there.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My experience is pretty good. I like everything about this hotel. From view to food . View outside window (pool side) is amazing . Brigade gateway lake is fully visible from your room. Breakfast has many variety for vegans

Room Tip: Pool side and lake view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Binita_daxini,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found the service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India and is located in the 43 acre self sustained campus called Brigade Gateway which also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are glad you found the location of the hotel to be an advantage. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. Feast, our signature multi-cuisine dining venue offers dishes ranging from Western, Oriental and Indian cuisines and we are glad that you enjoyed the spread at offer.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here before so I thought I would stay again
Booked a room for a full week and had a pool facing room on 8th floor
To provide a balanced view, let me start with the positive and then the less-positive aspects

The Good:
1) Good view and room size quite spacious and room well-appointed with decent Wifi (it was complimentary for me)
2) Location (for those who like or need to be in North Bangalore); next door to a mall and World Trade Centre
3) 3 bottles of complimentary water provided daily
4) Breakfast spread is quite substantial and tasty

The Poor:
1) The housekeeping service is quite poor:
- Soap bits left in shower area not cleaned away;
- not all toiletries are replenished on a daily basis
- Mini-bar not daily restocked, they only replaced Coke cans on alternative days and say with crisps/chips/nuts
(Separately, they seem to even economise on loo paper by putting half a roll of Kleenex and another half a roll of rougher (probably Indian brand) loo paper - This in a Sheraton!)

2) In the restaurant on the ground floor - Breakfast at Feast: service very patchy, especially if you are sitting away from the food "islands"; On Sundays, packed with people and service gets worse - I waited 15 mins. after ordering orange juice and latte and neither arrived - had to go to counter and ask and then arrived; subsequently went to counter and ordered friend eggs and toast - eggs came after 7 mins (I timed it) but no toast! ..went to counter again to check on toast - there was burnt toast which had gone cold waiting for someone to bring to me. Gave up and walked away without finishing breakfast!

Staff appear more interested in speaking to Western (whites) -inquiring how things are - than anyone else

3) More staff at the entrance and lobby than you can shake a stick at - not sure what they all do as they generally seem to merely stand and stare at all and sundry (labour is cheap in India so I suppose this is the result)

4) The lobby restaurant/bar area becomes a children's' play are on Sunday mornings/lunchtime and practically unusable - I tried to have a business meeting and about 20 kids were running around removing cushions and going under tables - some "treasure hunt"?

I mentioned the above to staff - and even suggested that perhaps on Sundays they should consider serving breakfast for hotel guests in Bene (4th floor or elsewhere) when checking out and whilst one was apologetic, I seemed to get the impression that counter-staff behind the Reception desk were largely indifferent. Not quite a 5-star experience IMHO

Will I stay here again - only if I really need to; but it isn't what it used to be and there are other options including Taj Vivanta (which I shall try)

Room Tip: Higher rooms on pool-side
2 Thank GlobalNomadLondon71
Dear GlobalNomadLondon71,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and for sharing your feedback here with us on Tripadvisor as your feedback is quintessential in our journey towards achieving greater guest satisfaction.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. We offer a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a unique dining experience. Your detailed feedback has been taken note of and I will personally ensure that the respective departments heads take up these points so as to ensure that on your next visit you receive nothing but the best standards of service and amenities.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Sheraton Bangalore is a fantastic property. The building and grounds are beautifully laid out. The staff was pretty amazing. I had some late night needs for business center support and round the world faxing and they enthusiastically helped me. The restaurant in the lobby has one of the most impressive breakfast buffets I have ever seen.

Dear John C,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Our core values are warm, connected and community and it brings me great pleasure to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great, friendly and help full staff.
The pool area is small but relaxing with a great bar just behind. There is also a good restaurant at the same terrace with a great relaxing atmosphere.
Perfect ending after a hectic day with meetings.

Room Tip: Make sure you book Non smoking room if you don't want one. I got a smoking room as i hadn't...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear ciciliajson,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is the first newly built and managed Sheraton in India. Our core values at Sheraton Bangalore are Warm, Connected and Community and it pleases me to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. The infinity pool offers stunning views of the iconic ISKCON temple and we are glad you enjoyed the ambience. Persian Terrace, our signature Persian cuisine restaurant transports guests to a Middle Eastern wonderland and it pleases me to know you found the venue unique.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is very well located, close to ISCOM temple and Orion Mall shopping center. It takes only 45 minutes to get from the BLR airport.
It's also only half hour from the MG Road
Restaurants provide excellent food,
Each time I am staying there is like coming back to the group of friends that are always ready to help and please the guest with a good word and excellent service.
Room was great with beautifull view at artificial lake and temple (or pool), bed excellent. Pool small but nice to cool down before or after work..
Persian tarace - excellent food,
Italian Resturant was very good,
Mainrestaurant also great with big variety of different Indian and Western options available.
I would stay here again. Hotel staff was just excellent, so kind and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joanna K,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Sheraton Bangalore offers one of the largest entry size rooms in the city (39 sq mts) and we're glad you found this spacious and comfortable. Our core values are warm, connected and community and it brings me great pleasure to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care. We have a total of six food and beverage venues and it pleases me to hear that you had a pleasurable dining experience with us.