“'I don't normally do this!'”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #4 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I don't normally do this, but this time i must,
The Sheraton hotel Bangalore is something i lust,
The warmth i felt right from the moment i stepped off my cab,
To the moment i got back while leaving, was just fab!
The service, the rooms, the locations and the 'hosts' were such
They make you feel like you just fit in, you can be yourself and such...

I must thank Poonam Dhamdhere and her team
They received me with such warmth and all of their eyes gleam...
She smiles all the time even if she has a thousand things to do
And yet if you keep buzzing around her, she never says 'shoo'
Her team and herself made me feel quite at home,
Although it was one of the rare times that i was travelling alone...

A wonderful conversation with the G.M Mr.Saurabh Bakshi,
It is a great place if you are in Bangalore to be!
Commitment, pride, honour and grace,
All superlative! Number one in place.
With a beautiful view from the window in my room,
I hope i get an opportunity to visit you guys soon....

Room Tip: i loved the pool facing rooms....lovely view....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nakiya H
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Nakiya H,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Our core values are warm, connected and community and it brings me great pleasure to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Sheraton is a great hotel for business and personal travel. The staff are attentive, the restaurants are excellent, and the fitness center is superlative. It is also located beside the Orion mall, which provides additional access to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank M T

Dear M T,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being a lifetime SPG Platinum, I have been fortunate to stay at many top Starwood properties worldwide. I recently stayed at Sheraton Bangalore for ten nights. I am so glad I picked this property! It is a beautiful place to stay with impeccable service. I usually do not write reviews but I felt this hotel and staff deserved one.
Even before our arrival from Dallas the Club floor manager Avik was in touch with me by email! They were kind enough to upgrade us to a Junior Suite and an early check-in. They even had a welcome chocolate cake with my daughter’s name on it that sold her!!
The hotel is situated in a very secure guarded property with the WTC and Orion mall next door. HDFC bank is right across the street for all your bank transactions. Orion mall has excellent shops and a wide array of restaurants and a large food court. Iskcon Temple and Metro stations are in walking distance. 'The High' on top of the WTC is a good nightlife choice!
Well-dressed and mannered Mr. Singh greeted us on arrival! It has a large marble clad lobby (with a pianist playing in the evenings) and a great reception area. The front staffs managed by Gautam Handa are outstanding who made us feel so welcome. They always greeted us by our names. Everyone made eye contact and spoke to you in a mild manner. Gautam is one of the most professional and best managers that I have met around the globe! I wish we all treated one another like they do their clients!
The junior suite is large with a separate living area and a bedroom. It has an extra half bath and a mini-bar. It has floor to ceiling windows and beautifully furnished. We were fortunate to have the corner room that had 270-degree views of the ever-expanding Bangalore!! It had two HD-televisions and various mood lightings! The bathrooms are western style as expected, well designed/decorated; marble clad and had no issues. It has a large work area with universal plugs! I am a fan of the Starwood beds. They also have choice of 6 types of pillows you can request!
We had access to the Club lounge, which exceeded my expectations. The staff – Martin, Reshma, Smitha, Sanjeev and Harsh are the best. They were caring, attentive and made us feel so welcome! The food, wine and cocktails in the evenings were a bonus! We enjoyed the (included) large array of Indian, Western and international breakfast choices at ‘The Feast’ adjacent to the lobby. It has a Cappuccino and espresso station!
The spa is one of the cleanest and nicest spas! The staff was very friendly and the massage and facial was even better. It has a well-equipped gym with a friendly trainer. The infinity edge Pool area is very open, clean and nice place for relaxation and family pictures!
Of all the Sheraton properties that I have stayed in – I would grade this as an 11 on a 1-10 scale!! I would highly recommend this Property to everyone visiting Bangalore!
Well done!! My sincere thanks to all the team at Sheraton Bangalore for making our stay a very special and a memorable one! Looking forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: High floor pool side are excellent choices!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Balu C

Dear Balu C,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went to India for the first time and had a great experience at the Sheraton Bangalore. My room was perfect and the attention I received was some of the best I have ever had. Avik Bhattacharya took great care of this weary lone traveler even before I got there. The Club lounge served the best Club food I have had in any hotel and Avik arranged car services as well as escorted and walking tours for me that were perfect. He also gave me great shopping and dining tips. Really an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Make the reservation on Sheraton.com so the hotel can contact you prior to your arrival and better u...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MajorTom63

Dear MajorTom63,

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Am a spg gold member. The check in was cumbersome as the person was giving me a smoking room instead of a Non smoking. Eventually got an upgrade to the club floor courtesy my SPG gold card. The ac in room was not working fine. The maintainence staff must have repaired the ac but did not put back the ac cover in the ceiling which I thought was crazy. At breakfast today had to ask for toast 4 times which is not the level of Sheraton.
Overall I feel the staff needs training in customer response at the junior level. I feel the location is great and the infrastructure is good but the human element needs improvement.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PSCNewDelhi
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear PSCNewDelhi ,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and for sharing your feedback here with us on Tripadvisor as your feedback is quintessential in our journey towards achieving greater guest satisfaction.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. We offer a total of six food and beverage venues each offering a unique dining experience. Your detailed feedback has been taken note of and I will personally ensure that the respective departments heads take up these points so as to ensure that on your next visit you receive nothing but the best standards of service and amenities.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is really very good place to stay, relax and take care of your business needs.

I would certainly recommend this, particularly the club which is really good and had very good experience during my stay.

Thanks Reshma for your wonderful customer care.

Thanks to Sheraton

• Stayed: July 2014
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Sri K ,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

In recently stayed at the sheraton on work and absolutly loved the experience. From the time i checked in till the last day , i was looked after like family. Guest services was outstanding,the club and front desk staff were always eager to help and made my stay a memorable one

Will return for sure and bring my family this time

• Stayed: July 2014