“best place ive ever stayed”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #5 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 9 August 2014

i stayed at this hotel on business for approximately 5 weeks at a time over a 6 month period , during this time the level of professionalism shown to me by the hotel staff never changed they were excellent.

The hotel is situated in a prime location with great access from and to the airport.

The service and rooms were exceptional ( you did not want for anything ) and if you did they went out of there way to get it.
i can only praise the hotel manager and his supporting managers for the level of quality training they have given to there staff who genuinely seem happy to work there, it is a shining example of how a hotel should run.

The restaurants in the Hotel are very good , out side the hotel is the Orion Mall within touching distance which has a food floor and a selection of restaurants out side by the lake all of which offer a good level of service if you wanted a change from the Hotel.

The SPA and Gym are very good, but my favorite is the pool, enjoyed many a Sunday morning swim.

During my time here it truly felt like a home from home , this is a 5 star hotel offering 7 star treatment.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms with views over the pool are best. Don't use a high power camera facing the world t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Voldermort23
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Voldermort23,

Greetings from Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.

Sheraton Bangalore is located in the self-sustained lifestyle enclave called Brigade Gateway that also houses the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall and a beautiful man-made lake. We are the closest five star deluxe property to the Bengaluru International airport and just about 8 kms from the city center. Our core values are warm, connected and community and it brings me great pleasure to know that the associates were able to serve you with warmth and courtesy. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care.

We thank you for your feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway!

Saurabh Bakshi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is our 4th stay of 3 weeks with the family at Sheraton Hotel, Bangalore. I guess you will understand now the reasons for our frequent returns to this same wonderful hotel. It all explains it more than this review. Comfortable hotel in Good Location, Great environment, Good Food, Good Service, Excellent and very welcoming and well mannered Managers and staffs. On our all arrival to the hotel, we are warmly welcomed by the entire staffs from Lobby, to reception to club lounge. We stayed in the Sheraton club rooms, and had splendid view from 15th floor, great interiors, and comfortable beds, pleasant lightings with good quality western style bathrooms and clean facilities. The hotel is situated in the surrounding of Orion mall, which has superb shops, restaurants and variety food courts, also within the same complex is Columbia Asia Hospital with high standard health facility. Iskon temple and the metro station are in closeness of walking distance. Breakfast time and dinnertime at the Feast restaurant with choices of Indian and international foods, was very delightful. Staffs at this feast restaurant were as always very pleasant to us, especial the Manager, Mr. Arron D’silva, who treated our stay like family in his house and not as guest. He also took care of all the special needs of our two and half year old son, whose name happen to be also Aaron too!. Believe me! With Arron D’silva you will not feel out of place during your stay, and he’s definitely to be privileged as an asset to the hotel group. Manager, Mr. Jameson and polite staffs - Ravi, Geethika, Naveen were all very caring and helpful to us. Johnson at the front Desk was the first person we met in our first visit, and is very friendly and helpful to all our queries and concerns on all the times of stay at the hotel. Our evening Access to the club lounge was extraordinary with great choices of evening delightful snack, wines, cocktails, coffee etc. The club lounge was well managed by excellent and courteous associates – Avik, Martin, Sanjeev, Smitha, Reshma, Chef Bibin, and above all Harsh Agarwal who was twofold above in taking care of our entire needs or requests, and was very friendly to us as family. Well done!! Everybody, for taking very good care of us and making our every moment of our stay a very enjoyable and a reason to return again. Also a special appreciation to GM Mr. Saurabh Bakshi for putting this entire set of wonderful hotel associates together. We'd recommend Sheraton Hotel to anyone and is a must in your tour of Bangalore.

…………. Mr. Dass & Family, Lusaka, Zambia

Room Tip: Sheraton Club Rooms on 15th & 16th Floors have splendid Views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raju D

Dear Raju D,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the sheraton bangalore for two nights and i was blown away by the consistency of impeccable service. Everybody from the breakfast restaurant feast to the front desk staff were brilliant and looked after all my requests, no matter how small. I would like to thank ms gowthamy, (i think one of the front managers)who was very helpful and always greeted me with a smile by name
She will be one among the many reasons i will return. Keep it up guys

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ak472

Dear ak472,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I don't normally do this, but this time i must,
The Sheraton hotel Bangalore is something i lust,
The warmth i felt right from the moment i stepped off my cab,
To the moment i got back while leaving, was just fab!
The service, the rooms, the locations and the 'hosts' were such
They make you feel like you just fit in, you can be yourself and such...

I must thank Poonam Dhamdhere and her team
They received me with such warmth and all of their eyes gleam...
She smiles all the time even if she has a thousand things to do
And yet if you keep buzzing around her, she never says 'shoo'
Her team and herself made me feel quite at home,
Although it was one of the rare times that i was travelling alone...

A wonderful conversation with the G.M Mr.Saurabh Bakshi,
It is a great place if you are in Bangalore to be!
Commitment, pride, honour and grace,
All superlative! Number one in place.
With a beautiful view from the window in my room,
I hope i get an opportunity to visit you guys soon....

Room Tip: i loved the pool facing rooms....lovely view....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nakiya H
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Nakiya H,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Sheraton is a great hotel for business and personal travel. The staff are attentive, the restaurants are excellent, and the fitness center is superlative. It is also located beside the Orion mall, which provides additional access to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank M T

Dear M T,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being a lifetime SPG Platinum, I have been fortunate to stay at many top Starwood properties worldwide. I recently stayed at Sheraton Bangalore for ten nights. I am so glad I picked this property! It is a beautiful place to stay with impeccable service. I usually do not write reviews but I felt this hotel and staff deserved one.
Even before our arrival from Dallas the Club floor manager Avik was in touch with me by email! They were kind enough to upgrade us to a Junior Suite and an early check-in. They even had a welcome chocolate cake with my daughter’s name on it that sold her!!
The hotel is situated in a very secure guarded property with the WTC and Orion mall next door. HDFC bank is right across the street for all your bank transactions. Orion mall has excellent shops and a wide array of restaurants and a large food court. Iskcon Temple and Metro stations are in walking distance. 'The High' on top of the WTC is a good nightlife choice!
Well-dressed and mannered Mr. Singh greeted us on arrival! It has a large marble clad lobby (with a pianist playing in the evenings) and a great reception area. The front staffs managed by Gautam Handa are outstanding who made us feel so welcome. They always greeted us by our names. Everyone made eye contact and spoke to you in a mild manner. Gautam is one of the most professional and best managers that I have met around the globe! I wish we all treated one another like they do their clients!
The junior suite is large with a separate living area and a bedroom. It has an extra half bath and a mini-bar. It has floor to ceiling windows and beautifully furnished. We were fortunate to have the corner room that had 270-degree views of the ever-expanding Bangalore!! It had two HD-televisions and various mood lightings! The bathrooms are western style as expected, well designed/decorated; marble clad and had no issues. It has a large work area with universal plugs! I am a fan of the Starwood beds. They also have choice of 6 types of pillows you can request!
We had access to the Club lounge, which exceeded my expectations. The staff – Martin, Reshma, Smitha, Sanjeev and Harsh are the best. They were caring, attentive and made us feel so welcome! The food, wine and cocktails in the evenings were a bonus! We enjoyed the (included) large array of Indian, Western and international breakfast choices at ‘The Feast’ adjacent to the lobby. It has a Cappuccino and espresso station!
The spa is one of the cleanest and nicest spas! The staff was very friendly and the massage and facial was even better. It has a well-equipped gym with a friendly trainer. The infinity edge Pool area is very open, clean and nice place for relaxation and family pictures!
Of all the Sheraton properties that I have stayed in – I would grade this as an 11 on a 1-10 scale!! I would highly recommend this Property to everyone visiting Bangalore!
Well done!! My sincere thanks to all the team at Sheraton Bangalore for making our stay a very special and a memorable one! Looking forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: High floor pool side are excellent choices!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Balu C

Dear Balu C,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went to India for the first time and had a great experience at the Sheraton Bangalore. My room was perfect and the attention I received was some of the best I have ever had. Avik Bhattacharya took great care of this weary lone traveler even before I got there. The Club lounge served the best Club food I have had in any hotel and Avik arranged car services as well as escorted and walking tours for me that were perfect. He also gave me great shopping and dining tips. Really an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Make the reservation on Sheraton.com so the hotel can contact you prior to your arrival and better u...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo