“Only Good to Sleep”

Ranked #171 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Only Good to Sleep”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed over 2 nights at the hotel only to realize that having not paid in advance and having an option to check-out after one night would have been a saviour but as there was no option so here goes...the food, the rooms, the service and the cleanliness are all amiss. The bed surprisingly was clean and thus good enough to sleep on but not very comfortable though. The location is an advantage but seems that is the only this working for it

Room Tip: Do not pay in advance and see a couple of rooms before deciding
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We have noted your comments and apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have instructed the concern department to improve on the quality of service and please be rest assured that it will be taken care.

Assuring of our best services and attention always and look forward to your visit once again in near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had shortlisted Octave to host the first birthday party of my son & were quite nervous about how the event would turn out.

To our delight, it was an excellent party with great food & service. The manager Bimal Ghosh was very helpful to finalize the menu options along with cake. Also, he had recommended the decoration guy & idea & usefulness of having a magician.

To summarize, it is an excellent place to host an event like a birthday party.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Shailesh M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased to know that you found our food and services to be of highest quality. we have also noted that you were given ideas by our team to conduct the party.

We look forward to having you with us again.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My father and my husband's father had stayed in Octave for one day. They reached at 7 in the morning and stayed till the next day till 7. I had made the full payment of the room for one day (Rs 3500) and that was supposed to be all-inclusive (rate of the room and taxes, whatever). When they checked out in the morning they were again asked to pay Rs 1750 extra!!!! They were not told till then that they will have to pay something extra. Service was also terrible. Atleast when you ask for more money it should be worth it. People should not be so greedy. I wonder how this hotel got positive reviews. I have 7 of my family members visiting Bangalore again and I was thinking of booking rooms for them here. Now NEVER!! They have a check-in time of 12, which is strange. People generally come in the morning or late night by bus / train and that is when they check-in. Even if they do not know this 12 o' clock policy, the staff has to let them know in advance if they have to pay extra. That never happened here. So my advice to whoever is planning to stay here, please take more money with you than what they tell you. I will never ever consider this hotel anymore. Terrible, literally!!!

Room Tip: Whichever room you choose, please carry more money than what they ask. You never know how much they...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M M
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Our apologies to you for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. Our check in and check out time is 12 noon. We have taken up the matter with the manager concerned to let know our guests of charges applicable. You can be rest assured that this will not happen again in future.

My apologies once again for the inconvenience caused and we look forward to your visit to the hotel once again.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have been there twice to their bar and restaurant. Hopeless and terrible service...The waiters come once in 45 mins..I had to call the hotel number to send a waiter...First time I thought it was due to shortage of staff.....second time realized their service is not at all woth what they charge

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sunny551971
Dear Guest,

We thank you for visiting our restaurant. With regards to your comment on our service, we would like to apologise to you for the delay. The matter has been taken up with the manager concerned and he has assured us that this will not be repeated.

We look forward to your continued patronage.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had arranged my wedding reception at Octave (Alfresco Hall) on 1st March 2014. The crowd was around 250 people. I am very happy to say that Octave hotel management did a splendid job in making my wedding day a memorable one. The manager of the Hotel Mr.Bimal is a man of his word, because he made sure that everything went on as planned as he promised to me. The food was fantastic, I could taste only few items though, however what I heard from my guests were very appreciative. Though my guests were from different parts of India and even few from abroad, they all seem to have enjoyed the food. Service was outstanding, every single employee of the hotel, who were present there for the event made sure that every thing go as planned and showed high professionalism and courtesy while handling the guests and service. I am so grateful to hotel management and staffs for making our day a very special one.
The only minute thing which went wrong on that day was the functioning of the Mic!! which disappointed us a bit as it did not function at the time when required.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are immensely pleased to know that your wedding reception went off very well and your appreciation of our service and staff. It encourages us to perform well by receiving such positive feed backs from guests.

My apologies for a minor hick up with respect to the mic. The same has been taken up with maintenance team and be rest assured that next time around you will not have any cause for complaint.

We look forward to your patronage in future .
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was my son's 1st birthday party on Feb 8th. After looking at more than 20 venues, I finalized Hotel Octave's Al Fresco Hall at 5th floor for a gathering of around 80 adults & 20 kids. The complete party was excellently organized by Mr. Bimal of Octave Hotel. I really thank them for their wonderful support throughout the party. Spacious AC hall, beautiful interiors, delicious food & their hospitality was commendable. The staff is very presentable & cooperative. The decorator, camera guy & event management company was suggested by Mr. Bimal and was excellent. Everybody appreciated the place & the food.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheetal_Chhabra
octavehotel, General Manager at Octave Hotel & Spa, Sarjapur Road, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guest,

It brings us an immense sense of pride to receive such a glittering feedback on your son's 1st birthday party held here at the Octave Hotel & Spa.It is indeed a pleasure to learn that out of all hotels in Bangalore, you chose Octave Hotel & Spa to celebrate your son's 1st birthday.It is very heartening to note that you observed the consistency in our service and the honesty and dedication of our staff.

The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. And we accomplish that by ‘going the extra mile’ in serving our valued guests. I have shared your feedback with my entire team who were thrilled to hear such high words of praise.

Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to host you again.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I would like to share my experience with this hotel. We celebrated my Son's 5th Bday on 22nd Feb in an open lounge for about 70 guest we were really pleased with the hospitality of Mr Bimal Ghosh and his staff. He assured us that kids would the Love party and he was bang on !!! he had done the arrangement in terms of Games for kids, Decor etc and it was perfect, really appreciate the interest he had shown inspite of personal challenges. We trusted him due to our limited knowledge and time constraint but it was big hit - Thank you for all hard work.

Our family had a great time more so my son enjoyed thoroughly - Thanking you Tasmay, Sunil and Tanvi

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tansde
Dear Guest,

It's heartening to know that your son's 5th birthday party was a pleasant experience for you and your guests. I have informed Bimal and his team of your comments about arrangements of the play area for the kids and other arrangements for the party. They were pleased to receive such feedback from you.

We look forward to hosting you again in future at the Octave Hotel & Spa.