“Nice Bengali Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bengali restaurant.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited yesterday. This place is nice value for money.

I was excited when I realised that the daab chingri, my favourite dish, was actually a huge, huge prawn served in a curry inside the tender coconut, but the curry turned out to be a little bland and watery, which was sad and disappointing. The crab curry was good, as was the fish batter fry. Mishti doi was just so so.

I wouldn't say that this is the best bengali food I have ever had, but if I want to eat Bengali food without burning a hole in my pocket, I'd come back here.

2  Thank Ashwita

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Great to have a home like feel while having the bengali delicacies. Luchi cholar daal kosha mangsho ilish you name it. Good food feels good.

1  Thank Debasish B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited the Restaurant in Koramamgala in Bangalore on 11/05/2014. Half of the food items were not available, Restaurant Manager was arrogant, Staff was totally untrained and lacked knowledge, and the food was not even anything near to be tasty. The ambience was also disgusting and the only good thing was the security guard.

Will neither recommend nor visit again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant was suggest by one of my friend. I just loved the food there. Pabda fish fry was great and even the kosha mangsho was also great. I loved the mishti doi (Sweet curd) and rosogulla dipped in it.
The food are overly priced, but who cares when you are getting the taste of kolkata in Bangalore.

1  Thank Shiv B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great Bengali food. Located at koramangala, which has quiet a few Bengali food options, this my by far my favourite. Their mochar chop. Fish fry, kosha mangsho with luchi and begun bhaja. Mouth watering!

Dab chingri or chingri malai curry is sublime. During season, hilsa is available. All ingredients are flown in from Kolkata so expect the best. Finally end with their signature nolin gur ice cream.

2  Thank roundtabler