“Much hyped now!”

Description: Bengali restaurant.
Bengaluru, India
“Much hyped now!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you asked me about this place 2 years back - I would definitely give a wonderful feedback. I was a big fan of the fish fry and basanti pulao and not to miss the nalen gurer ice cream.

But my last 2 to 3 visits has been very disappointing. A long queue has always been an unique feature of this restaurant, but it used to be always worth it earlier but no more now! The place is too small to cater the ever increasing crowd. They would always inform that most of the dishes are not available. Taste wise also it has deteriorated very much - which is the collective opinion of my friends who have been going to this restaurant. This place is quite a drive from my place and we no longer wish to go there because of out experience over the last few times. We kind of avoid it now!

Its sad - but how it is! One less option for Bengali food lovers!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank GargiDey

Coimbatore, India
“Food is great, but the ambience is not!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to this Bangalore outlet after my previous visits to the Mumbai one. The similarity is that the quality of food is maintained here. However, the ambience and decor at this place leaves much to be desired. Starting with creaking chairs to dull looking interiors, the management seriously need to upgrade the facilities to match the food quality served.

2 Thank SomarDasgupta
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Bengali Food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited yesterday. This place is nice value for money.

I was excited when I realised that the daab chingri, my favourite dish, was actually a huge, huge prawn served in a curry inside the tender coconut, but the curry turned out to be a little bland and watery, which was sad and disappointing. The crab curry was good, as was the fish batter fry. Mishti doi was just so so.

I wouldn't say that this is the best bengali food I have ever had, but if I want to eat Bengali food without burning a hole in my pocket, I'd come back here.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Ashwita
“Ethnic bengali food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Great to have a home like feel while having the bengali delicacies. Luchi cholar daal kosha mangsho ilish you name it. Good food feels good.

1 Thank Debasish B
Chennai (Madras), India
“Nothing great about it!!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited the Restaurant in Koramamgala in Bangalore on 11/05/2014. Half of the food items were not available, Restaurant Manager was arrogant, Staff was totally untrained and lacked knowledge, and the food was not even anything near to be tasty. The ambience was also disgusting and the only good thing was the security guard.

Will neither recommend nor visit again.

• Visited May 2014