“One time visit only”
Review of Mango Mist Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Mango Mist Resorts
Ranked #39 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore, India
“One time visit only”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is near Bannerghatta. So travelling all the way from Whitefield where our office is, was a big dissapointment.

The restaurant is quite shabby, although the food quality was ok. Drinks are expensive. Pool is just for namesake and if there is another group there, its fully occupied. They do have a large open ground, where you can have cricket matches. Other table games like TT are close by, so the whole team can be together.

Zorbing and rock climbing arrangement was good. They gave a fish spa which was quite nice to sit in and relax. The place is full of mango trees and the dance area has a mist arrangement (hence the name).

Nothing out of the world about this place; good for one outing. Won't be going so far again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went to Mango Mist for a team outing in Feb. Its nearly 10 Km form Electronic City and 1 km from Jigini-Bennergatta road. As the name indicates, it’s a mango orchard and they arrange Mist dance there.

There are some adventure activities for which you have to use coupons they provide as part of the package (extra coupons can be purchased if needed). We did ‘Zorbing’ and its really fun.

Swimming pool is a bit small.

They have an area for paint ball. But its just an open area with few stone slabs here and there. It would have been better if there were few trees etc. Since the area is small the game finishes very quickly. We took only 10-15 min for a group of 10. Cost per head is Rs.200

There is a big playground where you can play cricket, football, badminton etc. Also indoor games line Table tennis etc are available.

Food was really good and all of us enjoyed.

Overall it’s a good place for a day outing and is near to the city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TravelAdvisor_AN
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went out for a team outing and opted for the "Golden Mango", this is a day trip [ 11am - 6pm] this includes Welcome Drink, Live BBQ, 4 coupons for games, lunch and High tea.

Overall experience: Average edging onto Bad

You are handed over coupons as soon as you enter, the welcome drinks, the games and the bbq coupons. The welcome drink is a mock tail, additional charges for liquor of course. Went over to the mock tail counter and the staff is non-courteous, opted for a virgin mojito and it was watered down and the mint leaves were in a mess and drink was understandably bad .

Next onto the rope "adventure" games, really really vague set up. Few friends did try it but it kind of left a bad taste in your mouth, again the staff is non-courteous, one reason I stayed away from the games was the state of the harness. It was all worn out, a fall waiting to happen.

Next, the grand LIVE BBQ. First things first, they should stop calling it Live BBQ. The meat is grilled in a far corner and the BBQ is limited to a plate, have you ever heard of that?
Four tiny pieces of chicken, two of them in green and two in red, non-marinated meat just grilled. The fish was a disaster, it was skewered and the little meat looked like the left overs from someone's plate. Again, cold shouldering staff.

A few from the group tried to swim in the so called pool. 3 feet deep and really tiny, you can definitely skip this. Spent some time at the archery and zorbing. Zorbing is kinda decent only if you have never tried it before, the path way for the zorb to roll down is so pathetic, they have ground staff to roll the zorb. Not fun, not fun at all.

The lunch was a disaster. Nothing tasteful. And the kitchen is closed at 3 pm irrespective if the patrons were still dining or not. Only decent option was the vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Then the mist dance. ROFL pathetic, real lame Bollywood numbers under a sprinkler, unless you have a fun group you can steer clear from this area. 45 minutes of this and you will never shake a leg.

The high tea consisted of coffee and tea and some deep fried savories that we call bajjis. oily, soft and soggy. Coffee was alright.

Unless you have absolutely nothing to do in the city of Bangalore, and have some money to blow up, venture out.

PS: You can still change your plans last minute and head out to Bannerghata national park and the zoo, I bet seeing those lazy tigers is more worthwhile

Room Tip: A 500ml beer can is charged at 200 and a regular pack of cigarettes is priced Rs 50 higher, carry yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ravish B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would say the property is well maintained, however cos i went over the weekend, it was really crowded for Games and restaurant. I paid around 8k for the stay, service was good. The entire experience was worth but would suggest to go over the week day instead of weekend.

Shashi and Thomas were really helpful when we needed assistance with the jacuzzi and needed barbeque during camp fire. Really happy with the service we received.

One suggestion would be to offer 24 hour check in check out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BarryElsa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Mango mist seemed interesting and nice atleast through pictures, the first impression was promising as well but it failed to live up to our expectations. Let me start with some good things about the place. It's a nice property, and enough activities and range of adventure sports to keep you engaged and interested. Sadly it seemed like one of those resorts where a lot of money was spent to build it but the owners forgot one basic thing - "Maintenance". I wouldn't say it is miserably dirty but requires lot of attention towards small things which makes visitors uncomfortable and they take that back with them. The adventure sport equipments like harness, ropes, helmets etc looked extremely old and unsafe because of which I did not do most of the rope stuff. The rain dance area hasn't been cleaned for ages. The fact that you have to remove your shoes to be in that area makes it extremely difficult. There are small stones lying everywhere and it is extremely slippery. One of my colleagues slipped and fell on his arm and there is ligament tear. The bathrooms, change rooms are also not very clean and well maintained.
One thing which will really piss you off and the reason they lose most points is the behavior and courtesy shown by their staff. Most of the helpers and care takers seemed dis-interested and were there to somehow get their job done and get over it. You ask something to them and just pray you will get a reply. I understand you need some money deposited if we want to use your cricket bats, balls lockers etc, even when you are going to pay thousands for their miserable service, but you can be a little polite about it. You will have to wait for an assistant at the outdoor sports section for some time and when he finally arrives he will treat you like some road side burglar. I think he has been told, all visitors are thieves and they will run away with your equipments if you don't keep and eye on them. He was rude and not sure if most of them have ever heard of this thing called "Smile". And this goes out to the people sitting at reception as well. You don't feel welcomed.
The food tastes ok, not great.
When I arrived at the reception to check-out, I noticed I was being billed twice for liquor and drinks we ordered during lunch time. Noticed and got it corrected. Person at the counter was helpful but that clearly shows they have a communication gap between counters.
There were two separate bills for extra orders and package. When was back home I noticed that we were charged a small amount extra which was not showing in the bill. My mistake, I should have checked it well. Since it's a case of managing expenses at a corporate office, we needed that to show up in the bill. Mailed them with copies of the bill for correction. No reply yet, not even an acknowledgement. I guess your part is done, right? There is no need to bother about a customer's concern when you have already received money, no?
I will not recommend this place guys. Stay away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Atul44
Reviewed 17 February 2014

After a long search for resorts in Bangalore, I made a mistake in finally selecting this resort. It was for a valentine's day and I had planned to be at resorts in Bangalore, but eventually landed up staying at this resort just to witness few embarrassing thing. Although, the resort are filled with scenic beauty, pleasant atmosphere and very much away from traffic zone where nowadays in Bangalore it is very difficult to live amid those honking of vehicles and last but not the least there were few adventures included in the package but above all the most important is that one should think if it's really worth staying in this resort or not --- i obviously don't think so, first of all the staff are greedy , the manager(s) are really do not have any control over business deals, firstly the price for every cottage packages are really worthless.. for example, the one which i took was Sindu cottage which costed about 3100 which just includes stay + breakfast which at first i thought it is ok! but later with the experience that i had after staying in this resort was really paralyzing. I had not only stayed overnight but also spent till evening the next day. Morning when I woke , I badly needed a cup of coffee but I couldn't get one as it was not included in the package, I was told to order separately and surprisingly the price of 1 cup of coffee is rupees 50 which I feel is exorbitant. And I had an early breakfast to witness another blunder where the taste of coffee was simply worst and I then realized that I did not waste my 50 bucks... After having breakfast, we went to play for sometime and then happen to see there was a broken Carrom board and actually nobody was there to assist us for using sports equipment. I also noticed that the staff once collected the package money , they completely forgot us, so they are basically money minded and not service oriented Further my story really explains how bad the staff are in this resort..

After the breakfast, we thought of using adventure coupons but nothing was ready till 11 am and we then used Fish spa (which was the only highlight of our stay). Since we were in family group, it took sometime because only 2/3 people can have fish spa at a time. At 12pm, then we saw the staff coming to us , at first i thought finally they showed up to us with their service but finally got to see that their purpose was to notify us about checkouts ... after checkout , I personally did not feel to use luggage room, however, I dumped all belongings in my car. After that , we went into pool at 1:30 but before that we had pay & collect in advance for half mango lunch package. From this moment, the real disaster began. We started to get into the pool at around 1:30-2 and by that time lunch was already started.. since we thought we did not get much time to be in the pool , we stayed there for a couple of hours and finally came to have lunch at around 3:10. my family started having lunch but I wanted to go slow as i started to have a tin of beer. Forgot to say that alcohol cost in this resort is simply high, you buy any 500 ml tin beer , you have to pay 200 bucks , crazy right? .. but since it was a bit hot , I did not spare it and bought a beer and just started my lunch. It's usual for any drunker that after having a beer , one will take sometime time to have lunch but the most embarrassing thing happened that while i finished having beer and when i thought of continuing my lunch, the staff members started taking off the buffet items. At that time i was clueless of what was happening , and when i turned to serve myself it was a truly ugly scene where i was not served lunch at all... ironically , it was a buffet and when i asked the housekeeper , damn he did not understand what i was trying to say, then i went to the bartender and yelled at him , i asked him is this a way to treat the customer, there was a pin drop silence.. I went back to my family where they were having final dishes left on the plate.. and i just sat having nothing! .. when they came to me with beer bill, i simply showed my back! and told them to call the manager but they couldn't call because they knew themself that it was their mistake. I continued with anger and played some games thereafter.. when i was returning back home in the evening, i was stopped for something.. when i went and checked in the reception, they asked me to pay the beer bill ... I blasted the so called manager ( i doubt he is fit to be a manager) and blasted him for showing disrespect towards customer and not proving lunch but he escaped saying I turned for lunch late and that is why they had to wind up ...but he couldn't answer for one point that i made and that is about the staff not informing us that they were winding up the buffet... This showed how staff were ruthless and spoiled the resort etiquette.. I would never recommend this resort even though it has some adventure games, those who really need to have some adventure games, then there are lots near Kanakapura and one near devanahalli or people can visit wonder-la and can be respected fully !!!but i never recommend this resort , it's really not worth paying.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank Biddu2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

After a lot of searching, we ended up with Mango mist for a weekend outing. It’s perfect for a weekend get away from the noisy and pollution of the city. We stayed there on 8th Feb. The entire place is very peaceful.
Day 1 – We reached the resort at around 4 pm in the evening, we took 1 cottage with 2 tents, room looked decent, clean bathroom and the size of the bed was good. After refreshing we went to have Hi-Tea, but there was a big “Q” waiting for snacks to pickup. After having Hi-Tea we went to walk around the resort. The greenery, the sights was awesome. Around 7pm the mist dance (not rain Dance) started with music, there we enjoyed till 8Pm. After that a Live BBQ was arranged continuing with Buffet Dinner. The buffet had a lot of options for both Non-Vegetarians / Vegetarians. After enjoying the delicious we went to our cottage and planned for Campfire. Called the reception and asked for campfire, but the campfire was already arranged (separately for our Group). But there was no music available; we somehow managed playing the songs which we had in our Mobile, later on around 12:30 we went to sleeepp…Zzzz 
Day 2 – It was a very cold morning, we woke up around 6 am and went for a walk around the resort. We started the day with playing Cricket, Shuttle, Table Tennis. Later on we went to have our Breakfast (It was a Buffet) a huge Spread and was also good. The Restaurant Manager Mr. …..Guided us for some Adventures games like wall Climbing, Burma bridge, Rope Ladder, Zorbing, Archery etc which made it even more enjoyable. After all the adventures activities we went to Swimming pool (which was very Small) but was quite clean, because of the whether it was very cold in the noon also. Overall the entire team had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: A perfect place to spend time with family/friends, an ideal for nature lovers. The tents are witho...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends