“They Made It Up For The Delay”

Vivanta by Taj Yeshwantpur
Ranked #33 of 676 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We checked into the hotel on Dec. 13, 2013 for the TAAI Convention. We loved our room at the first glance; which looked more like a suite room having a separate sitting area first & the bed at the other half of the room with full glass panel overlooking the city.

I waited for them to come & clean the room so that I can start my daily Yoga, Pranayam & Meditation routine. In spite of reminding the attendant on the floor as well as the personnel over the phone; nobody came to clean the room till about an hour or so. Frustrated, I spoke to the Duty Manager. He visited my room & apologised but it didn't make any sense to me & I told him so as I had already lost time to start my spiritual practices. He deputed 3 boys on the job to quicken the process.

Here, comes the pleasant surprise .... as soon as the boys finished the job; enters the duty manager in the room with a Yoga mat!!!! That really won my heart! He made it a point to check whether everything was done & enquired if everything was ok. I had no choice but to tell him that he made it up for the delay.

Thank you Vivanta by Taj!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had stayed for 2 days on business trip to attend a convention at the same venue. Except for the location and the difficulties you entail on the way from airport, rest of the stay was nice. The food was excellent, the service very good and the gym facilities on 2nd floor was good as well. Except for not having an attendant at 4.45 am in the gym, inspite of informing the previous day night, the requests were all attended to promptly. The gym attendant Vijay was of great help in teaching some stretching and other exercises..

The rooms have been nicely partitioned with a business section in the first half with couches etc., and the bed at the far end. This is by far the best arrangement as compared to other Vivanta hotels I had stayed at Bangalore- MG Road, whitefield etc.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the swimming pool also have to overlook the underconstruction sites..
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel in February 2013 on a business visit when I had to attend a conference in Bangalore. We chose this because of Taj brand and it was near to our conference venue, Sheraton at Brigade Gateway.

Check-in was smooth and quick. Staff was professional, friendly and welcoming. Rooms were neat, tidy and spacious. The buffet breakfast included in package had ample choices to have a great start of the day!

There was a metro station under construction right in front of the hotel. Once that becomes operational, the connectivity to the hotel will get a boost.

Overall the stay was comfortable and would surely like to stay here again on my next Bangaluru visit.

Room Tip: Choose upper floors 7+ with city view to get great morning and evening views of city
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. I was initially worried about what the hotel was going to be like as the drive up to it is terrible - the surroundings are very dirty and traffic is insane. Once you get inside the hotel though you're in a whole other world. I really loved my room and I was thankful for the great hotel restaurants as it meant I didn't have to step outside of the hotel into the chaos to get dinner. The food was great and the buffet breakfast was one of the best I've had anywhere in the world. Also, the hotel organised the drivers to get us to and from the International Exhibition Centre for work each day which was really convenient, and the driver was great.
The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was that the service could be a little overbearing. I'm not sure if it's the same in other hotels in India as this was my first time in the country but sometimes the door bell to my room would go off 3 times a day which got annoying and I just stopped answering it. The first night I was there, I was exhausted after a long flight and headed to bed about 9pm. I woke up about 45 minutes later to the door bell to my room going off and I ignored it and woke up the next morning to a card saying they had rung the door bell to service my room. I don't know that late night room servicing is something that many people would appreciate.
All in all though, a good experience.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great Ambience and atmosphere, but the surroundings and the approach to hotel is congested, dirty and busy. Very near Bangalore International Exhibition Center. Restaurant and service excellent. Very tasty food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for one night. Here is a summary...
Liked -
1. Contemporary aesthetics
2. Single glass on one end of room overlooking Yeshwantpur area....view in the morning was very refreshing
3. They have maintained a big old tree inside the property
Didn't like -
1. Very dull check-in and check-out....took ages
2. Location and surroundings full of construction

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

From time to time I am staying in this Hotel because it is Close to the factory I am visiting.
Food in the Restaurant Palette and also for the in-room-Dining are good.
When I asked for a non-Smoking room they explained me that the room is in a smoking floor but have been cleaned up to a non-Smoking room. So I got a non-Smoking room with ashtrays...
For the comfort during your stay: If you have a light sleep you might need an eye mask, because after power failure during the night (power failure happens at least twice a day) the light System will be restarted and some lights will be switched on automatically, although you have switched them off for sleeping.
Housekeeping was not that good during this stay, the mini bar has not been filled up during my whole stay of 4 days at anytime.

Room Tip: due to the Metro contruction it is recommended to book room toward pool side.