“Thyme = Affordable + clean”
Review of Thyme The Transit

Thyme The Transit
Ranked #4 of 617 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I've been staying in Thyme for my past 2 visits to B'lore. I think it is real value for the money that we're spending in terms of cleanliness and space of rooms. It's location is a distinct plus in terms of its connectivity to all places in B'lore. Thyme will my first choice when I'm thinking of staying in B'lore

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Santhosh R
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

We are happy that your 'first choice' while visiting Bangalore is Thyme. Your appreciation of Thyme and what we have to offer is what keeps us going!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed for around 15 days at this place . The rooms are very well done with all modern amenities . Rooms have a star hotel feel to it even at its very reasonable price .
The breakfast was complementary and well prepared . The staff are good and provide good room service . Mr Mohan , the Manager is a gentleman .

The location Indiranagar is good also very well connected.

Surely will use its services again .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kumar A
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

It was very good value for the price in a nice part of Bengaluru. All necessary amenities and restaurants are nearby. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The owner was very helpful in offering advice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chinna123

We've had the pleasure of hosting you twice over the last few months. We're happy that you had a comfortable stay at Thyme. And we look forward to your patronage in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Thyme is very conveniently located right behind the IndiraNagar metro station. Rooms are simple and clean. The breakfast buffet is included with the stay - great service. All the rooms have good Wi-Fi connectivity. The staff is very cordial and helpful. This B&B has everything that you need for a comfortable stay. Reasonably priced and a good place to stay, if you are on a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank malcolmgomes
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Our goal is to be the best B & B in the Indiranagar area. We know we have 'miles to go before we sleep', but you have endorsed our goal overwhelmingly!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

In may 2012 I stayed with my family for 5 nights at Thyme . Working for a multinational I have mostly stayed at 5 stars so I was a bit apprehensive on what I would get . I was pleasantly suprised . The rooms at Thyme are tastefully done with comfortable beds, split ac , wooden flooring & LCD TV . The bathroom was clean & had hot/cold water . Being a serviced apartment they serve only breakfast in a small dining area downstairs .
The food is good though the service could be a little faster. Thyme is conveniently located on a quiet lane behind Indiranagar Metro stn & walking distance from shops & other eating options like Mc Donalds, Cafe Cofee day , KFC, Pizza Hut & Adyar Anand Bhavan. All in all I would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay & good value for money .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VikramShetty
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Vikram,
Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation! It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I hope your parents and sister enjoyed their stay with us as much. It was a refreshing change to have your little nephew and niece run around the place with their "intelligent child-like chatter"!! As for the service, all efforts are being made to improve it.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I recently visited Thyme the Transit and stayed there for three nights. My stay was excellent, coupled with some wonderful moments spent with m y loved one. The best part was the hotel being situated in Indiranagar, in the heart of the city of Bangalore. The fact of the hotel being close to the Bangalore metro was an added advantage too. IN short, it was a pleasant stay. The service was satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PradeepaArunachalam
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

We're happy that your stay at Thyme was 'excellent', 'pleasant'. Your remark on the service has been well noted. Efforts are being made to remedy it.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently completed a one week stay at Thyme the Transit, while I was both visiting friends and doing business in India. This is by far the best value I've found in the Bangalore area, and all of Karnataka for that matter, after staying at or viewing several different hotels. The rooms are relatively large and in good condition—and everything works well!

The proprietor, Mohan, is very genuine and helpful. When he tells you to let him know if there's anything he can do to assist you, he really means it. He's glad to help with directions, laundry, recommendations, cleaning times, and all the usual travel concerns. You really feel like you're being taken care of here, not in an intrusive or overbearing way, but in a relaxed, considerate manner.

It's not a luxury place, but a comfortable and convenient one, the kind where you don't have to think about things you shouldn't have to think about, so you can go about your business as productively and smoothly as possible, considering the especially challenging logistics of the Indian environment overall (for a "foreigner," at least!)

The location is excellent for access to the whole Indira Nagar/MG Road/E. Central Bangalore area. It's right behind a Metro station, but I didn't hear any train noise ... nice, modern system, too. There are plenty of restaurants and a wide variety of stores nearby, as well.

To sum it up, I had an incredible array of experiences all over Asia in the three months leading up to my stay at Thyme. Though I met a lot of wonderful people everywhere I went, the many inconsistently serviced and surprisingly overpriced hotels I stayed at during that period had me somewhat befuddled. Getting what I needed for a reasonable price from Mohan and his delightful crew was a refreshing change, much for the better. I'll definitely stay there again when I'm back in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor would be better—I was on the second floor which is the first with rooms, I thin...