“Great place to Stay:)”
Review of Thyme The Transit

Thyme The Transit
Ranked #3 of 610 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My family was here in Bangalore in the month of May and I was looking for a good place in Indiranagar and found Thyme . It is a very good place .The rooms are very clean and fresh. I thank Mr.Mohan for helping me with everything :)

I would recommend this place for sure. Nice locality , any help and Mr.Mohan is just a call away.

-Bharathi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bharathi_83
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us at Thyme. We look forward to you continued patronage.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I'm not someone who demands exceptional customer service. In most cases, I can forgive and overlook negatives of service providers. When I tried to book a hotel in Bangalore online, Thyme-The Transit struck me for the sheer number of reviewers and the thumbs up they gave to it. I have to say I fell for it without second thoughts. Needless to say, I did expect a really enjoying experience in store for me.

The access to Thyme is pretty easy as it is just a stone's throw from the Indira Nagar Metro Station. It is not on the main CMH Road though and the lane seems a bit disturbing after even 8 pm because of inadequate street-lighting. The property looks like a typical converted building- a one that was not originally intended for its present use.

I checked in after 8 pm and was a bit disappointed as to what the 'treat' in store turned out to be. This is in no way diminishing the Thyme. But it did fall below my expectations fuelled by the rave reviews it had got.

The property overall is neat, dry and elegant though not exactly luxurious. I was piloted to my room on stairs since strangely, the hotel did not have an elevator- although it had 3 floors! Wonder how people especially with limited mobility would take this after having made payment to travel website(s). And surprisingly, I was not supplied with drinking water- a possible oversight that I can forgive and I managed with my personal bottle of H2O. The bathroom had just one towel, possibly to cut costs. I did not mind that since I was alone.

Morning came and I was eager to lay my hands on the buffet breakfast that was awaiting me. I had to go without food the previous night and so was more hungry than a normal man! Disappointment again! I could not see the typical buffet table laid out. Maybe they had a different way. Maybe they would bring them as and when I request. Juice first, dosa next, eggs, bread... all waiting in line to come out.

They served me 3 medium-sized idlis with chutney and sambar. Very well made and quite an appetizer for a starving man. Meantime I asked them if they had juice. They said they only had tea and coffee. Meantime I also asked them if they had anything else. The manager said that they could serve me bread and eggs. (I was to know later to my embarrassment that they were meant to be replacements and not in addition to the idlis). I asked for more idlis and a young chap came out with 1 more. I seemed to sense the tone of where it was leading to and aggressively pushed for 2 more, which were provided to me.

I am not a foodie, but that day my hunger just didn't seem to settle down. I saw light in the manager's earlier words and asked the waiter for an omlette. They guy stared at the Manager for help and he instantly came down to me and said, " we do not have eggs sir. We have already provided you with what 5-6 idlis!".

This was like an insult to me. However, I took it in my stride, had my coffee and pulled out one of the many newspapers. I was apprehensive if the manager would say that I could just read and not take the newspaper with me! Fortunately it did not happen. I checked out of the hotel after about an hour.

To be frank, I do not know how exactly how a typical Bread And Breakfast- which they claim to be- functions. To me, this is a totally new concept. If I was being unfair to the concept by expecting more than what is due, I seek my apologies. If not, I suppose they need to do their homework better.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room in the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank KamilMohammed
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Sir,
We are grateful to you for having taken the time to express your views. We understand your disappointment about the lack of a breakfast buffet. We are primarily a Bed and Breakfast that aims at giving neat and clean rooms to our guests in an excellent location. Breakfast options are either Indian or Continental.
As to the oversight on the part of our staff, efforts are being made to rectify them right away. We value your patronage and it is guests like you who keep us from getting complacent.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

i stayed here for more than one week. The place is really nice and clean. its next to metro and malls. The rooms are very clean and fresh. The staff and owner are very polite. The complimentary breakfast is homely and nice. Overall an awesome experience. Would definitely love to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freebird p
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

It was simply a pleasure having you and your wife stay with us at Thyme. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Lovely place to stay. The owner of the hotel is really nice and the staff is very polite. We initially booked the place for 3 days but extended it another 7days. The place is in the heart of Indiranagar just behind 100ft road,everything is within arm's reach. The rooms are very clean and tidy. The complimentary breakfast is really nice.The free wifi is good. Clean bedsheets and bathroom. Would definitely recommend this to everyone whose looking for a budget stay with a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank littlemissbackpacker

It gives us extreme pleasure to know that you had a 'lovely' stay at Thyme. Our aim is to give our guests a 'great experience' at a 'budget price'. Being located where we are has indeed helped. We thank you for showing your appreciation.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

It's a very nice hotel and the rooms are better too.
The room service is awesome with the breakfast cooked with a homely touch.
The location of this hotel near the metro station with all shopping shops and good hotels nearby just adds to its charm and pros .
In my next visit Bangalore I would definitely want to check-in here and would advice the same for others who are looking for a budget friendly yet elite hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swarup195
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

All of us at Thyme are happy that your stay was a good one. We are pleased that you choose to stay with us in the future also.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I spent about a week at Thyme on my first trip to Bangalore. And It was a splendid experience. The staff were all incredibly friendly, be it at the front desk, in the restaurant, or housekeeping. The rooms are good. Bathrooms are clean and tidy. No complaint with Wi-Fi connection.The beds were great, but the TV had more South Indian Channels which i don't understand so its a lay-down. There are restaurants and stores all around the area. KFC and McDonald were nearby. And the Metro rail is just at walkable distance.

Finally I must say, A good place to stay around Indira Nagar, Bangalore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank VickyNimbalkar

We thank you for your appreciation. We're sorry that we were unable to help you with the TV channels of your choice. Though we now do have some channels from the Eastern region as well. We definitely look forward to your valued patronage in the future also.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Good rooms, good service, excellent location!! The place is close to everything you would need in a city. The metro station near by is a blessing. The staff is very good and very helpful as well! The place is also value for money as it is much cheaper than other hotels or guest houses near by.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Reeth21
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your patronage in the future.