“Excellent Fare” 4 of 5 bubbles

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #709 of 10,806 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Bangalore
“Excellent Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

At the outset i must admit that vegetarians have limited options but i think whatever they served today was top notch, absolutely tasty and well balanced flavours. I think their roasted vegetable salad is to die for. How they manage to get that subtle smoked flavour i will never know. The staff is very friendly and is always willing to accommodate special requests.
But yes it is heavy on the pocket and if you plan to have a hearty meal take you credit cards along! Probably the prices are internationally set, unfortunately i have noticed in the last one year that the portion size has consistently decreased! whats with that CPK?

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Great pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went to CPK with family which is in Phoenix market city in velechery. CPK offers a range of excellent pizzas and pastas. The pizzas are of different varieties which is otherwise seen normally in chennai. The thin crust veg pizzas are yummy and offer great taste. We also tried their pasta which was again excellent. CPK also offers a good range of desserts. Though slightly priced higher it is worth it.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had heard a lot of my friends talking about CPK and was eager to check it out. We ended up going to their Phoenix mall outlet on a saturday for lunch.

The ambiance was great the place looked large and welcoming. I think this is a design feature that they have tried to adopt in all their stores. There was good music playing and the environment was quite peppy.

The menu was quite big and had starters, salads, pizzas, pastas, desserts and also alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. We ordered a 'Black Bean Quesedilla' and a 'Fire Roasted Vegetable Pizza (thin crust)'. The quesedilla was served with chipotle sour cream and was excellent. I would rank it 4/5.

The pizza turned out to be a disappointment. It had caramelized onions which made it taste sweet. We had to add lot of chilly flakes and Tabasco sauce to get some spice back into it. I would give the pizza a 2/5. Overall, i would rate it 3/5.

The service was quick and the staff was courteous and that was something that might take me back there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bengaluru, India
“Overpriced - Good Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my second visit to CPK on 100 ft road. The first one being with friends for a hungry Sunday brunch, hence never got the time to savour the Pizza. This time was a completely relaxed lunch.

CPK impresses you with the free space in front of the restaurant, now this is quite a luxury on the busy 100ft road. Valet parking facility is available for the guests. The place has place to sit on the ground and first floor. We sat on the first floor which well designed with nice colors and seating. We ordered for some starters a Spicy chicken supreme and another chicken starter. Starters were very yummy and we enjoyed it. The potion however is very small and is not at all worth the price. We also ordered for a mug of beer. The mug isn't the usual mug that we see at restaurants and pubs in Bangalore but it is more like a small glass designed as a mug. The main course we ordered a Meat craver 9 inchers and a Chicken Carnita. The pizza bread was dry and difficult to chew as compared with my previous Pizza experiences. Very little salt and tasted very bland. Wanted to finish eating. Unfortunately Pizza too didn't feel worth the price.

Asked for the bill and saw an array of taxes VAT, ST and SC. Ended up paying more than INR 500.00 as taxes. Only thing worth was the service and the in the whole 2.0 plus hours spent at CPK. The total bill was over INR 2600.00

Might not recommend this place. Overall only the ambience, location and feel is very good but the heart is missing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bengaluru, India
“Pizzas like never before!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

After a tiring, legs-killing day at the mall, we were searching high and low for a pizzeria. We were under the impression that there would be a Dominos or Pizza hut, however couldnt find one. Finally one of the staff pointed us to the CPK which is located outside the main mall building. We had some apprehension as this was our first time in CPK. But once the pizzas arrived, it dispelled all our doubts. I have never till date had such a delicious pizza in my life, with a soft hand-made dough crust and sumptuous cheese filling.
I ordered the Traditional Cheese pizza thinking it would be simple as I wasnt much hungry. But was I glad with my choice as the pizza was simply fantastic.
As if this wasnt enough, their desserts are to die for, be it the Tiramisu, Chocolate Banana cake, Stick toffee pudding or Brownie with Ice cream. Go there really, and I mean really hungry!!!!!!!
Note : Cost-wise it's a bit on the high side considering other pizza outlets, so good for special occasions if budget is a consideration.