“Excellent Experience”

Le Meridien Bangalore
Ranked #36 of 676 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at the Le Meridien Bangalore for the first time last week and it was an experience in itself. Right from the check in upto my departure from the hotel, it was a great experience altogether. Newly renovated rooms, great internet connectivity, bright lobby, good food and service – what else a business traveler would ask for !

The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. They went out of their way to have my parcel couriered for me and arrange for my flight tickets as well. Special mention for Ms. Dolly and Lobby Manager Harish, and bell man Gowda – they were amazing and courteous. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
LeMeridienBangalore, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Mr. Dolphy,

We thank you for your valuable feedback and sincerely appreciate your time for doing so.

It is our constant endeavor to create a wonderful experience of warm hospitality and impeccable service for all our valued guests.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Le Meridien Bangalore.

We are gratified to receive such kind words of appreciation for the overall facilities, services and experience at the hotel. I would share your delightful feedback with my Le Meridien family, am sure they would be happy to hear this. Our core values at Le Meridien Bangalore are chic cultured and discovery and I’m glad the front desk team especially Dolly, Harish and Gowda were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

We thank you once again for your feedback as it is essential for us to deliver our services in accordance with our guests’ preferences.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was a bit disappointed with the overall feel of the hotel. seemed pre-1980 themed, or just that the furniture remained that way.. I was expecting a premium facility, for a Category 3 hotel, However, the service didn't disappoint and the buffet breakfast that came in complimentary, was satisfactory for sub INR 6000 rates. The rooms were clean, and the crew were extremely helpful.

The location, is quite city central, and hey there's SANKEY tank which is a nice place for a morning Walk or just a Walk.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, city facing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
LeMeridienBangalore, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Le Meridien Bangalore.

We have noted your comments and wish to inform you that we are in the process of renovation and refurbishment of all our public areas which is ongoing. Am sure on your next visit you will notice a change. At the same time, we are gratified to receive kind words of appreciation for the overall facilities and services at the hotel. I would share your delightful feedback with my Le Meridien family, am sure they would be happy to hear this. Our core values at Le Meridien Bangalore are chic cultured and discovery and I’m glad the team was able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Have stayed in this hotel twice both on business and personal tour. This hotel is located perfectly on the sankey tank road , away from the crowded areas of Bengaluru. It has a beautiful view of the Golf Course in front of it and an imposing façade and driveway. The interiors are well done. The Hotel is almost 45 mins drive by Taxi from the airport and can also be accessed by the City Bus Service from Airport which drops you right at the Hotel Gate.

The Restaurant and Bar are impeccable and the range and taste of food on offer is excellent.Best suited for business and family trips.

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask for room facing the swimming pool or the Golf Course.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelfrequent_12

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Le Meridien Bangalore.

We are gratified to receive such kind words of appreciation for the overall facilities and services at the hotel. I would share your delightful feedback with my Le Meridien family, am sure they would be happy to hear this. Our core values at Le Meridien Bangalore are chic cultured and discovery and I’m glad the team was able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I got a renovated room which was of international standards. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is popular for business conventions and conferences and the lobby tends to be crowed on a typical conference day. The wifi was not complimentary but was reasonable and the best I have seen in recent times in terms of user friendliness and bandwidth. The cafe and the Tandoori restaurant serve lip smacking dishes. The spa on the basement floor is slightly small but they make up in service and attitude. The hair saloon was excellent and got a head massage of the highest quality after my haircut.

Room Tip: Try to get the highest floor level if you require silence for a good sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LeMeridienBangalore, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice hotel, completely renovated with a fresh appeal. Well appointed rooms but poor and hidden location for gim.
Nice restaurant with good choice specifically for breakfast and nice appeal for Indian speciality restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay away from swimming pool section: it can be very noisy.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

In spite of having renovated rooms with modern facility, the experience is quite poor. The level of Service at Restaurants is good, but pathetic when it comes to the reception. I recently stayed there and I had to change 2 rooms before I could find the room stay able. The first room was stinking!!! Moist old smell... It was the carpet. I informed the reception about it, they send me a housekeeping guy who just came (after about 20 mins) and sprayed some freshner... wowww what a solution. I insisted on getting a room changed, and they said they will call me. After waiting for 20 mins, I had to actually go down again at the reception after which they give me another room, which is as bad as the previous one. Finally they gave me a room which had no carpet, and finally was not smelly. They give me a SPG preferred room, and the best part is that I am a Gold SPG member, and they give me a smelly room, what a surprise!!!

No Wonder no one prefers that Hotel!!!

Good points:
Internet Speed : 5/5
Modern amenities: 4/5
Restaurant staff: 3.5/5

But yea the food wasn't all that great! Too bland, even the Indian curries...

Not a Hotel that I would suggest for sure!

Room Tip: insist on a room which has no carpets!
1  Thank coonal999

Dear Guest,

We have noted your comments and the same are being looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and assure you the same will not recur in future. Our core values at Le Meridien Bangalore are chic cultured and discovery and I’m glad the team was able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

We request you to kindly give us another opportunity to be of service to you to experience the difference in our services in your future visits

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my first stay, but second visit to the hotel, after February 2010. I was upgraded to a suite! The hotel has great staff, a fantastic breakfast buffet and room service, and is clean. The room amenities were great as well. There were in fact some differentiators, which made it not just another hotel room...Some niggles that probably could be resolved with either better maintenance or a renovation ..The property will soon start feeling musty, if things continue the way they are...

Dear Ms. Vanita,

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at Le Meridien Bangalore.

We have noted your comments and the same are being looked into. However we are delighted to know that you appreciated the food, staff, and cleanliness at the hotel. Our core values at Le Meridien Bangalore are chic cultured and discovery and I’m glad the team was able to take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.