“Horrible is an understatement!”
Review of The Park Bangalore

Ranked #52 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

You cant miss the fluorescent green drapers in the reception and your room, the filthy carpets in the corridors and dirty water in the swimming pool in this hotel!

This hotel has got poor taste in terms on room layout and amenities. As I was on a business visit, I asked for an ironing board. To my surprise, all ironing boards that the staff bought to me had only metal tops and not the protective layer. I asked the staff how do iron on this and they put a towel on the metal sheet and showed me how to iron on it!

One time I wanted room service to bring me a bucket of ice and two glasses to my room. 5 calls and 40 mins later this was accomplished! The duty manager I complained to had no regrets and said these requests take time.

This hotel is not value for money at all as the staff is very poorly trained. I strongly recommend you go for 3 star options which will be better in terms of service than this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Amanbajaj79
The Park Blr H, General Manager at The Park Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Bangalore and for your valuable
feedback. We very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay
at the hotel. We have noted your concerns and are working towards improving the same.

Do provide us an opportunity to better your experience on your next stay with us.

Siraj Mukherjee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

The Park Bangalore is very similar in style to other Parks. Room was almost identical to Chennai and is neither too big or too small.

Service was ok, wifi strength good, breakfast average, bar area nice and at power cuts to a minimum.

• Stayed: March 2013
The Park Blr H, General Manager at The Park Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed here for business for a week in February. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was clean with en-suite with both bath and a shower. Also desk, flat screen TV and balcony.

The desk had universal plugs, which was great as none of the chargers I bought with me fitted the Indian plugs!

Internet was available at around 10mb for £10 for 24 hours, I thought this a bit expensive.

Food was great there were two restaurants, one had a mix of western and Indian dishes on the menu as well as a buffet that was really nice. There was a 2nd Italian restaurant which I never tried during my stay. Also a couple of bars, one by the pool and a more lively one with DJ, again never tried this one!

Breakfast was a buffet, again a mix of western and Indian dishes, coffee was good as well.

Small pool and Spar and Gym as well.

All in all a great hotel for business right in the middle of the business district.

There is also a mall over the road that is very western in terms of the shops

Room Tip: It there are 2 of you might we worth getting a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
The Park Blr H, General Manager at The Park Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I Stayed at this hotel recently and i am very happy that i made a nice choice. The rooms are clean and nice and food is very good. The staff is very proffessional and ready to help you. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: choose room away from lifts.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
The Park Blr H, General Manager at The Park Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed at "The Park" several times over the past four years while I was in Bangalore on business trips. It has become my hotel of chice when going on business trips as it is located centrally in the city and close to the offices I most frequently visit. The hotel is very "hip" playing lounge music in the lobby and hosting live music several nights a week - I have attended this live music a few times and it is nice to have this option after a long day of meetings. You should obviously consider if this is something you like - otherwise you are in for a lot of loud music in the night which is very noticeable in the rooms - especially if you are staying in a room facing the pool area. Speaking of the pool - I have never seen anyone actually use it. Maybe not surprising as it is something like 1 meter wide and looks more like decoration than an actually place you could swim. The morning breakfast is ok - nothing to brag about. I have never dined in any of the restaurants in the hotel for anything but breakfast as I usually go out on business-dinners - and when out on my own to dine I prefer the excellent "Tandoor" located 5 mins in walking distance from the hotel or "Bayleaf" which is close to "Forum" mall (takes about 20 mins to go there by rickshaw). All in all this hotel is very nice with friendly and helpfull staff and above average roomservice.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the pool area if you do not want to listed to the music played in th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
emarketing_t, General Manager at The Park Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have read some of the other reviews for this hotel and think we must have been staying at different hotels! This was a very poor experience.

This is DEFINITELY NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL. I think it is more a 2-3 star, however they are trying very hard to be better.

I stayed for 3 nights for business with a group of 5 people. The hotel to begin with is very disappointing when you arrive. It looks quite small from the outside and there is no security to speak of. The reception areas and restaurants are very nice, clean and welcoming. There is a pool area but I dont think you would actually use it - it appears more for decoration.

The rooms are hugely disappointing. As soon as you enter it smells damp. The room is a reasonable size with all the usual mod-cons and I had a balcony. However the bathroom was awful and I dreaded every time I had to enter. I had a shower over a bath, which is fine, however the plastic shower curtain was coated in shower scum and I still cringe when I think about it. The tv was set to 1 channel, which I couldnt change.

One of my female colleagues had a room on the first floor and couldnt lock the balcony door the first night and felt very unsafe as you can imagine.

I honestly had some of the worst sleep on a business trip at this hotel. There is a nightclub on the ground floor and it is a very popular place to go and I would probably go too, if I wasnt in India for business.

The entire group I was with had very poor sleep the entire time; there is no soundproofing, you hear the traffic. When traffic dies down you then hear the dogs howling and fighting and then the traffic starts again.

If I were staying for longer than the 3 days, I would definitely have switched to a real 5 star hotel. Our entire group agreed and also recommended to our global employer, that this hotel is absolutely not suitable for a return trip for business.

On the positive; It is right next to a very nice mall - that is if you are able to cross the road!
The staff are very helpful, friendly and pleasant, but the positives stop there.

Room Tip: If you do stay, ask for a room on a high floor at the further side from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank carolans69

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Bangalore and for your valuable
feedback. We very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay

The Park Hotel Bangalore

Reviewed 14 January 2013

the hotel is well located on MG road, which is a short distance from anything one would like to do in bangalore!!!the rooms are in need of urgent renovation though! not sure if its 5 star rated but i would not rate it more than a 4 star especially being used the high level of service of the Chennai Park!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family