“Taj- Not worth the price & lacks finesse.”
Review of The Taj West End

The Taj West End
Ranked #13 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Taj- Not worth the price & lacks finesse.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I went for a business trip to Bangalore & stayed at Taj Westend for just 1 night.. I am a Taj Loyalist & prefer staying with them. However, my stay experience at this property was not as great, compared to other Taj properties.
Room: I opted for the Suite (got an upgrade from club room as i am the innercircle member)! the room was good, however, being a heritage property, its classic & not modern. I dont like classic rooms!
Food & service: Practically all my meals were at there different restaurants. It started with lunch at their coffee shop. The service was poor & food quality was ok.
Then i had dinner with my business colleagues at Masala Klub. Here the experience was good. Food & service- both were as per Taj standards. During the dinner, i mentioned about the bad service during the lunch (which perhaps, i think the message was passed to the F&B manager). The person (Mr. Amit) came & met me. He apologized & assured good service. Indeed the next day breakfast was fantastic. The quality & service both exceeded my expectations.
However, the prices for food, liquor etc. is quite on a higher side in respect to the service standards & infrastructure.

Business Centre: I used there business centre for 4 hours. Its made very well. However the staff seemed quite unprofessional & lacked finesse.

Overall: The property is not worth the price they are charging for almost everything. The staff lacks that perfection which is expected from Taj.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 16 May 2012

Warm greetings from all of us at The Taj West End.

I would like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation further to your visit to The Taj West End.

We have also noted your feedback on the service at the coffee shop and the rooms and I would like to thank you for bringing the same to our notice. Without constructive feedback from our guests, it will not be possible for us to measure the quality of services and products provided and make necessary improvements.

My team and I are committed to offer you the highest standards of hospitality at The Taj West End and we will surely address the concerns that you have highlighted.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back. It will be my privilege to assist you with availability of accommodation, their rates and any other travel facilitation.

Thank you once again for your wonderful message and we look forward to welcome you and your guests back to The Taj West End again soon.

Sanjay Sood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
UK
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Bangalore can be noisy and frenetic - once you pass through the gates of the Taj West End you leave the noise and the bustle of the city behind. The hotel rooms are distributed across a number of buildings surrounded by lovely gardens - if you are too tired to walk there are golf buggies to take you to your room.
The rooms are big and comfortable - I did not have a suite but there was enough space in my room for a desk, a sitting area with a comfortable settee plus chair and a small dressing area.
The lay-out of the hotel helps to create an intimate atmosphere.
Breakfast and dinner can be taken in the Mynt restaurant which has a large terrasse. The food is outstanding - don't miss the butter chicken in rich tomato sauce with nan bread or the vegetable biryani !
The best thing about the hotel is the service - it is impeccable, you are not a number, you are remembered by name.
I stayed for 5 nights, I felt well looked after.
Just one small niggle: free WIFI would be welcome - having said that: you get 30 minutes free access per day from the business centre.
The hotel offers a taxi service which is reliable. efficient and expensive. They will arrange outside taxis on request and you can find rickshaws outside the front gates.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ACL3112

Warm greetings from all of us at The Taj West End.

Each and everyone have conveyed their grateful thanks for your kindness of thoughts and words of encouragement which in turn will continue to motivate them to travel the extra mile at all times. We always endeavor to instill this passion and commitment among the team members and am really glad to know it made a difference to your experience of the stay with us.

Kent
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed for one night only at the start of our trip on the Golden Charriot as registration takes place there. If we had known how good it was we would have come a few days earlier. It's set in a lovely garden setting, an oasis of peace in a busy city. Service was excellent, room very pleasant and the buffet lunch excellent and reasonably priced.
If we return to Bangalor we will certainly stay there again

Room Tip: We had a garden room, very spacious and quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mature married couple

Toronto
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The hotel property occupies 22 acres in the city and once inside the gates guests can relax in a totally green environment that really takes the edge off the chaos outside. Service is impeccable and the restaurant Mynt exceeds expectations for tasty, intelligent food and good service.

I love this place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LIndaWS
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Though I have travelled to many hotels across the world, West End experience does linger fresh in my mind. What strikes me is the lush greenery and obviously, the impeccable Taj service. The Asian Restaurant - Blue Ginger is a very nice one and while breakfast spread is fairly extensive, the service here can definitely be better.

• Stayed December 2011
Newcastle
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was the fifth time I have stayed at this hotel and it continues to be my favourite hotel in India. It has a wonderfu ambience and the rooms are majestic. The staff could not be more helpful. I had a minor problem with the shower in my room and it was fixed within a couple of hours. My only gripe is that I consider wifi access should be free in a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank denspark
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The West End has always been my favourite hotel, and our stay in February just confirmed this. The hotel is an oasis in the center of busy Bangalore, and allowed us to rest and relax. The service was excellent, the attention to our every need superb.
Our room was very well equipped and we lacked for nothing. We spent several hours just exploring the gardens, I strongly recommend this!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple