“charming and exotic”
Review of The Taj West End

Ranked #16 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I spent few days at the Taj West End last July.

I was used to all business hotels in Bangalore from my many trips there and the Taj West was a nice change. It is located inside a private park and it is a sort of colonial villa. Each room is huge, with high ceilings and it is totally different from the business hotel networks. It is old, maybe 18th century, and while it keeps its charme it is anyway well maintained.

You can hear all sort of animal screams in the evening and during the night. Someone told me there may be one or two monkeys in the park! and clearly there was a bat sleeping everynight just out of my room. No harm, actually it was fun!

There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel itself, one more international and one purely indian. The food was delicious in both.

On the negative side, as I have a total rejection for mosquitos and even more when I travel to India, people taking care of the rooms do keep doors and windows fully open. So do expect for mosquitos in your room..... I had asked in advance before my arrival for a mosquito repellent to be fit in my room. There was one but... guess what... the person cleaning my room kept on switching it off!!!! it was off when I arrived, I left it on when I went to work and it was off again in the evening. What is the use of a repellent if you switch it off???? I ended up spraying my own repellent on the curtains and cushions around my bed before going to sleep...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AGall0
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and also for posting your generous compliments.

We have shared your feedback regarding housekeeping services with our team and would like to assure you that the concerns raised will be addressed. We certainly assure you of improvements for your future visits to our Hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj West End again during your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Here is perfect blend of old and new world at one place. Moment you enter the secure gates one gets transported to the era where time seems to be at ease. Lobby, Rooms, Restaurants, Bar all are in harmony with nature and one doesn't feel that s/he is in middle of a city famous for it's traffic woes apart from being called as Silicon Valley of East.

Room Tip: All room are goo except the ones which are near the periphery (you can't miss the honking sound...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

We are happy to note that you have had a great stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj West End again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is one of the more upscale hotels in Bangalore. The hotel is located in a very busy area of the city!! The rooms are spacious and some of the individual cottages redefine the word "luxury" and "comfort".

Once inside the hotel premises you will forget that your are in the middle of bustling city and will be awed by the greenery on the property. If you have a large number of baggage items, then you will have to use one of their buggy/carts to ferry your luggage back and forth.

The property is picturesque! The service is good and since the property is spread out over a few acres, you can take long walks on the hotel grounds. The breakfast options are excellent and offers choices from multiple cuisines.

Their Indian restaurant "Masala Klub" has some of the best kebabs in town but is a bit on the pricy side!

Room Tip: Pick one of the individual cottages if your budget permits!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

We are delighted to note that you have had a great stay with us. Our greatest strength is our team and your recognition for them is heartening, which will encourage them further to deliver the best.

I have conveyed your compliments to our Masala Klub team.

Look forward to welcome you back to The Taj West End again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We went just for dinner at the Masala Klub and were really delighted by this place.
Ambiance is very quiet and pleasant
Staff is great, listening to all your wishes
Food is delicious. We had degustation menus (Indian food) that were really tasty and delicate.
The Chef came to see if everything was fine. And it was !

Price was moderate, considering the place and the food quality.
We definitely recommend for an unforgettable dinner

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pdardel

Reviewed 3 January 2013

The Taj West End is a paradise tucked within the chaos of Bangalore.

I have stayed at other Five star properties in Bangalore and Taj West is a definite winner for me. It’s a true heritage type property with the old Raj feel with its rain forest like amazing gardens and villas.

I extensively travel all over the world and one thing that most Indian Five star hotels offer is unsurpassed level of service. And Taj excels at that! Like other Taj properties, I have stayed, the service at Westend was outstanding and just for that one reason, I would give it 5 Stars all the way. The duty manager Paramjeet Singh went out of his way to help me with everything from my arranging a rental car to helping me with other logistics. The other staff members were very helpful as well.

I didn’t try all the restaurants on the property and the main lobby restaurant which stretched out to the gardens appealed to me the most and that’s where I had most of my meals which were very good.

Overall a great experience and I definitely plan to stay here again the next time I am in Bangalore.

Room Tip: The rooms at the heritage wing might be a bit musty and you should look at the newer rooms on the ot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandman2011

Dear Guest,

I have conveyed your compliments to our team.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Spent 1 night here. The hotel, room and service were exceptional. We ate at the Masala Klub restaurant in the hotel and had the best lamb chops that we have ever eaten. Would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ads78

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is our 2nd stay at the Taj Westend, stayed in December 2011 and in December 2012 and when in Bangalore again we will definately stay here. The hotel has all the facilities you will need and some more, staff are friendly and caring, room we stayed in was excellent and well maintained. The atmosphere here makes you feel at home and adds to the enjoyment of your holiday. Special mention of people who really walked that extra mile to make you feel welcome are Paul Dokka, thank you Paul for the warm welcome you extended to us, Pooja Bailey that you for being at hand always to see to oue needs and to Harsha Jade our pianist friend for the great music you played..For a great experience visit the Taj Westend in Bangalore.Gony, Gita and Tasha Pillay -South Africa.

Room Tip: Club rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tash1990_12
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I have conveyed your compliments to Mr.Paul Dokka and Ms.Pooja Bailey team.