I spent few days at the Taj West End last July.
I was used to all business hotels in Bangalore from my many trips there and the Taj West was a nice change. It is located inside a private park and it is a sort of colonial villa. Each room is huge, with high ceilings and it is totally different from the business hotel networks. It is old, maybe 18th century, and while it keeps its charme it is anyway well maintained.
You can hear all sort of animal screams in the evening and during the night. Someone told me there may be one or two monkeys in the park! and clearly there was a bat sleeping everynight just out of my room. No harm, actually it was fun!
There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel itself, one more international and one purely indian. The food was delicious in both.
On the negative side, as I have a total rejection for mosquitos and even more when I travel to India, people taking care of the rooms do keep doors and windows fully open. So do expect for mosquitos in your room..... I had asked in advance before my arrival for a mosquito repellent to be fit in my room. There was one but... guess what... the person cleaning my room kept on switching it off!!!! it was off when I arrived, I left it on when I went to work and it was off again in the evening. What is the use of a repellent if you switch it off???? I ended up spraying my own repellent on the curtains and cushions around my bed before going to sleep...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 125 years and more, The Taj West End, an icon in the city of Bengaluru ideally located in the city centre, is in close proximity to the Bangalore Golf club and is well connected to all major business and IT parks. The 117 rooms and suites are designed for guests to enjoy the highlight of the hotel - the lush, greenery-and-water designed landscapes. This magnificent property opened its doors to guests as early as 1887 under a Victorian lady, Mrs. Bronson. By the turn of the century, Bronson’s West End’s prosperity had attracted a fair bit of attention, and in 1912 passed into the hands of the Spencers. Since 1984 the hotel has been managed by the Indian Hotels Company Limited. Exuding magnificence and history from every corner, today this hotel speaks to all travelers staying within its walls. The Taj West End is also home to some of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and award winning restaurants, offering unique and exquisite cuisines. Each outlet; Mynt, Blue Ginger Masala Klub and Blue Bar will showcase their finest offerings, sure to enchant, impress and dazzle guests. The hotel has created several Exclusive and Unique Experiences for its guests all through the year, pampering and delighting them in true Taj West End style. Whether one opts for a Breakfast under The Raintree, Dinner at the Paradise Table at Blue Ginger or under the stars at Masala Klub, guests will surely make memories that last them a lifetime! The Jiva Grande Spa and Salon, State of the Art fitness centre and two outdoor pools ensure this is the ideal getaway for leisure in the city of Bengaluru! With over 25000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor banqueting space, The Taj West End lends itself wonderfully to business conferences, conclaves and celebrations alike. The Taj West End looks forward to welcoming its guests to Bengaluru’s favorite hotel, a true icon for hospitality in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore