When we arrived in the Taj, with his huge gardens, so nice, so quiet, after 3 hours of traffic jams in the town, we felt as if we were in a paradise!!
The front desk is efficient, could be faster: people queuing to check in in this category of hotel is a little bit disappointing...
We had booked 3 rooms on the 31st December, and one of them had a view obstructed by another small building facing it: the front desk immediately allocated us another room...just along a stair and thus very noisy!! having no energy to go back again to the front desk (quite far, they propose golf cart to go...), we kept it but had a noisy night.
The rooms on the ground floor should be avoided, they are very dark though a nice balcony on the gardens. Decoration is fine, beddings very good, the rooms were very clean with a nice bathroom.
The thing is that on this new year's eve, the staff seemed more concerned with the ongoing parties than with the service...we had to wait to order a light meal at the Mynt restaurant, the food was average, everybody seemed to be very busy elsewhere than with us.
We had a funky and well organised party there (Viren Khanna Productions) as a new year's eve party, followed by a dinner in a nice ballroom. (the hotel had 3 parties I think, according to the age and style of guests).
The buffet bkfst is good, we could have it in the marvellous gardens (not the best we had however).
The pool is wonderful, very big, surrounded with huge palms and trees, absent service.
On the whole a high quality hotel, I suppose the service is more efficient inother days than the 31 December (we had a problem with our taxi to go to the airport and they immediately found us a limousine to avoid us to miss our plane: thnak you Auguste!, not sure of the name); the gardens are really a heaven, the small buildings are in a heritage/modern style, very nice. Just choose your room to have a quiet one and enjoy this hotel as it could be done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 130 years of illustrious history and unparalleled heritage, Taj West End defines the ‘iconic’! 36 kms from the Bangalore International Airport, Taj West End is located at the heart of Bangalore. Started by the Bronson's as a 10-room inn in 1887, this veritable oasis is now home to 117 magnificent rooms, each opening up to a space that allows you to bask in the sun and enjoy the natural environs. All this wonderfully complemented by our award winning restaurants to satiate your culinary desires including Masala Klub, Blue Ginger, Mynt and Blue Bar! Add to this the eight indoor and outdoor venues, each distinct in design, location and view to suit the theme of business and private events alike, a world class concierge service, award winning spa & salon, etc. and signature experiences including the Heritage Walk, Afternoon Tea Ritual and Breakfast under the Raintree, Taj West End is second to none in structure, style, service and delivering on its brand promise of Sincere Care! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore