“Loved every minute”

Ranked #13 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
London
“Loved every minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I absolutely loved every minute of my stay at the Taj West End despite being violently ill. The staff could not have done enough to assist my partner and I during my bed-ridden stay and I was so impressed by them. One lady in particular - Sandhi (forgive me if I spell incorrectly) was so lovely and genuinely cared for my well being.
This hotel is a little oasis in a busy city. It boasts beautiful gardens (get a room with a balcony overlooking) which are impeccably maintained. Bedrooms are also beautiful, spotless and guest amenties are outstanding.
Hats off to a wonderful hotel and wonderful staff and thank you for looking after me so well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

We are happy to note that you have had a great stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj West End again on your next visit to Bangalore.

The Taj West End

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed in the villa opposite to masala bar and restaurant for three nights.

Enjoyed the food, room decor and bath luxury plus great drink menu.

Would love to visit with family, it's a different world in the city that's loosing it's old charm. Taj westend, still feels like a piece from past.

Room Tip: Try to stay in century old villas or rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is my 3rd Taj hotel which I stayed in. Fantastic services from Concierge. You wonder how they do it when a friendly face approached me at the Airport Arrivals and asked, you must be "Ms Ler, Welcome to Bangalore". I asked if there is a pharmacy or a shop as I need to get some stuff - they kindly offered to drop me at 1 on the way to the resort. Despite not finding what I need on the first stop, Mr Nice Driver sent me to a second shop! Wow ! Thank you!

In the Taj-es, I stayed, I was welcomed by reception once I stepped out of the car and was taken straight to the room and checked-in in the room itself. Taj West Ends is a little different, checked-in at the counter - slight in consistency in their services - but I am completely fine with that. This place is a resort - rooms are in British colonial style, 2 stories bungalows - what an awesome experience! Mine came with a wonderful big balcony. The bathroom is a little small, it doesn't have a separate shower and bathtub. Luckily I am kinda tiny, it works well for me. Bathtub was clogged when I arrived - they got them fixed immediately after I informed them. Because the resort is huge, you can grab a buggy to take you to your room if you have a little too much stuff to carry that day. I love the gym. Fantastic yoga studio facing a garden, very peaceful indeed. Gardens are manicured, and this place do have a history, they have many beautiful rain trees in the compound which created a beautiful tropical landscape! I will definitely recommend this place if you are on holidays - it has a great resort feel to it and pretty central location....love to come back again! If I get a chance! Another impressive Taj hotel I have to say!

xx
Travellingsalesgirl

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 25 February 2013

We are happy to note that you have had a great stay with us.

We have shared your feedback regarding the check in process and bathtub issue with our team and would like to assure you that the concerns will be certainly addressed. We certainly assure you of improvements for your future visits to our Hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj West End again during your next visit to Bangalore.

Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I really like the Taj. It is a true oasis from the chaos that is Bangalore with fantastic gardens to relax in and generally a very relaxed feel to the place. The staff are great - not overbearing like in a lot of Indian hotels but very competent and happy to help. The rooms are fine, big with big balconies to relax. I would just say that some are a little tired but everything works.

One complaint. They forgot to charge me for my airport transfer so emailed me to ask for my credit card details. I have no issue with this. But I didn't reply immediately as I was travelling. In less than 24 hours I received another email begging for my details and was told that they would doc the wages of the staff if I didn't provide the details immediately. Whether this was true or not I didn't like being treated like this.

Anyway, a small issue with what overall was a very very good stay - My 2nd time there.

Room Tip: All seem good. The Frangopani rooms have nice large balconies overlooking the grounds.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marraminga
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 19 February 2013

Thank you for taking time out to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We have shared your feedback regarding the mail sent by Travel Desk associate with our team and would like to assure you that the concerns will be certainly addressed. We certainly assure you of improvements for your future visits to our Hotel.

Kolhapur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was there with my parents and was very pleasantly surprised. Instead of a hotel, it's like a natural resort, right in the heart of the city.
Despite a great breakfast, what I ordered in the room was pretty average. So, the food isn't great and seems overpriced because of that. But, it is served in good time and they're willing to change it, if you don't like it.
The rooms are quite big and comfortable.
With a 125 year old style of architecture, metal keys instead of key cards, huge rooms, it's like traveling back in time, with the usual, brilliant service of the Taj.

The bathroom disappoints because the bottles they give bathing gels in, don't fit in the slot in the shower area, due to their height. You've to keep managing them from falling down, all the time.
Also, the shower's height is a bit low, so you have to keep shifting positions while showering, even if you have an average height.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and I really liked that. So, go for the ground floor ones.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BPiyush
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 15 February 2013

Thank you for taking time out to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We have shared your feedback regarding quality of food and shower in the room with our team and would like to assure you that the concerns will be certainly addressed. We certainly assure you of improvements for your future visits to our Hotel.

Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed 2 nights on leisure trip, Upgraded to slightly larger room which was nice. Very spacious rooms and bathroom but agree with another reviewer that nothing very "special" about the bathroom. Breakfast had good choice of cold meats etc so good but not outstanding. And also agree that a hotel of this price and calibre MUST provide free wifi- even if you add a few ££ to the cost of the room, you otherwise risk aggravating guests who expect to have this available at all times- and far smaller and cheaper hotels and havelis provide the same. Didn't see a particularly nice bar for an evening drink - but could always have this in the gardens - which- with the Pool area were great- a real haven within the city- and the Indian restaurant food- served in the garden- delish. And as always the Taj staff were excellent-they make any stay in a Taj hotel a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank fussy
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 14 February 2013

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I was booked in the Taj West End for the week while attending am air show. This hotel is situated on a large plot of real estate in the heart of Bangalore and offers peace and quiet. The rooms are spacious, set about among the main building and separate wings. The restaurants are fine, and health club amenities recently renovated, offering a number of training devices. No complaints about this hotel. Yes it is expensive but in my case I was on business travel and did not have to pay out of my own pocket. Definitely worth staying here.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mysterioustraveling
Sanjay_Sood_TWE, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 12 February 2013