“Elysium”

Ranked #14 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Austin, Texas
“Elysium”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This has to be in our top 10 most memorable hotel stays.
What a spectacular property and the hotel grounds of Westend is like an oasis of tranquility.
The rooms are beautifully spaced and spread out on their extensive gardens and it's a delight to explore their well maintained lawns with bunnies and geese scurrying around them.

The people under the brilliant leadership of their very affable GM, Mr. Mukherjee, were the ones that made this hotel a sublime experience for our family.
From the people who greet you in the security, to the very professional but amiable ladies at the reception, to their very accommodating chefs and housekeeping people, everyone contributed in their own ways and made our stay there particularly special.
Some of the frontline staff performed at an excellent level and they made us feel at home and at ease with our long stay of 6 week there. A home away from home, literally!
Thank you to all of the staff, and specially those key individuals for making our stay in Bangalore so memorable.

The morning breakfast is well planned to accommodate all kind of eaters. They offer some very healthy options which was a big draw for our family. Most of the chefs in all their restaurants will go above and beyond to work with you if you have any dietary concerns.

The hotel is centrally based so the shops and other restaurants are extremely accessible.
I would highly recommend Taj Westend, and if we find ourselves that way again it will be the only hotel we would stay at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nupur30
TheTaj W, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for choosing to stay at The Taj West End, Bangalore and taking time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor.

It is our privilege and honor to be of service to you. We are truly delighted to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us. It is feedback like yours that motivates us to strive consistently for excellence.

Voted among the top 25 luxury Hotels in India -Trip Advisor 2012
Voted the number 1 Business Hotel in India - Conde Nast Traveller UK Readers Awards 2010
Voted Amongst Top 10 Best Luxury Hotels in India - Trip Advisor's Travel Choice Awards 2009
Ranked among the top 10 business hotels in the World - Condé Nast Traveller 2009 Reader Awards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2-nights on a business trip. Service is great, as expected at a Taj property. On arrival we were given fresh wash clothes and lime water, very refreshing. The hotel is what I would call a "classic". Had that old regal feel. The rooms are very large and bathrooms are a tad small, like many older properties. And be warned that the hotel is very spread out. If you get a room in an annex you will have to take a golf cart. Our rooms were very close to the main building. Breakfast buffet was lovely, no complaints. And the Blue Ginger restaurant was very good. The only thing I noticed was that some things are getting a bit dated or worn; carpet, some of the furniture in the room, etc. Having said that, I would go back I a second.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SteeleB09
TheTaj W, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. I have taken up the matter with the concerned team and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our hospitality. This is surely not indicative of the levels of service that our guests have come to expect from us..

Sydney
Reviewed 23 August 2014

For my final night in Bengaluru, I checked into the legendary Taj West End and entered a world of refined luxury and gracious staff at every turn. I joined a history and garden tour exploring the vast gardens, enjoyed a superb Indian meal and had breakfast under an ancient rain tree. Exceptional was that I had mentioned on arrival that I had been exploring all day. When I retired to my room, I found a note left by the Executive Housekeeper to advise that a large brass pot of soothing bath salts sprinkled with flower petals would relieve my tired feet. Before departing, I treated myself to High Tea on the lawn opting for the Indian tiered selection of savoury and sweet treats served with aromatic Masala Tea.

Had I stayed here for the duration of my visit to Bengaluru, I may not have ventured beyond its gates. One of the guests finding it so agreeable has called her suite home for 36 years.

Started as an English-run boarding house in 1887, the luxurious Taj West End is set in a splendid 22 acre garden that justifiably has won many horticultural awards. The rooms are spacious and exquisite. This hotel excels in every way.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in decor so consider what suits you best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GoannaSydney
Dear Guest,

We are indeed privileged to be of service to you. We are extremely delighted to note that you found our services excellent. This is a source of encouragement to us to enable us to consistently excel.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Overall a very nice property. The girl at the reception at check in was a bit frosty and after a long drive from Chennai - did not appreciate it. From that point on the service was exemplary. The restaurants were marvellous. Very beautifully maintained grounds. A bit of paradise in the midst of chaotic Bangalore. Well shielded from the surrounding mayhem. House keeping was responsive to our needs. The rooms are not entirely sound proof and you could hear the thud from the bar late in to the night.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms spread around the large property. Choose wisely,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IndoCanadian
TheTaj W, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are sincerely delighted that you found our hospitality par excellence. It is feedback from valued guests like you that motivates us to strive for excellence.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Probably the oldest hotel in Bangalore that I believe started out as a guest house just after WW2. I got an upgrade to a room that was so huge I could easily jog around it. Nice attention to detail, intelligent people, great service and quite simply a great place to stay in one of my favourite cities when enjoying the Indian Adventure. Also has that colonial feel which is not the thing you're supposed to say these days, but history is history.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Glen M
Dear Guest,

It is our privilege and honor to be of service to you. We are truly delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. It is feedback like yours that motivates us to strive consistently for excellence.

Bangalore
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have been to the hotel for a conference and I really loved the food and variety of dishes on their buffet spread.

Despite being in the heart of the city, the hotel has kept its campus green, serene and as close to nature as possible. You can actually see rabbits and turkeys strolling around at ease at the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TheTaj W, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 16 August 2014

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited on business and had a fantastic time . Staff were friendly and polite . Car was waiting when I arrived at the airport . Nothing was too much for the staff and food was also very good . especially blue ginger

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TheTaj W, General Manager at The Taj West End, responded to this review, 11 August 2014