You'll feel like you've stepped back in time when you visit the Taj West End. The original building still stands and all the architecture is colonial-era. This is not a traditional, high-rise hotel; the rooms enter/exit from the outside and the campus is so vast that it's necessary to get yourself and your luggage to your room via buggy (aka a golf cart), but just a few minutes' walk to the lobby using the back path around the outdoor pool and spa. My room was huge, and had a small outdoor patio that I took advantage of until the mosquitoes took over. The restaurants are lovely and delicious; I mostly ate at Mynt, in the lobby, but tried the Masala Klub the final night I was there and my server was great about helping me choose a not-too-spicy Indian dish. A bit humid, but I took nearly all of my meals outside; though the streets just outside the hotel are busy and dusty, you'd never know it sitting in the hotel or your room. A solid half hour to the airport, and on the way out of Bangalore, I was met at the airport by a staff member, who helped me navigate the check in system (not needed, but certainly appreciated, especially when my luggage tipped the scales and he found a way to sweet talk his way into me not having to pay extra). Would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating 125 years and more, The Taj West End, an icon in the city of Bengaluru ideally located in the city centre, is in close proximity to the Bangalore Golf club and is well connected to all major business and IT parks. The 117 rooms and suites are designed for guests to enjoy the highlight of the hotel - the lush, greenery-and-water designed landscapes. This magnificent property opened its doors to guests as early as 1887 under a Victorian lady, Mrs. Bronson. By the turn of the century, Bronson’s West End’s prosperity had attracted a fair bit of attention, and in 1912 passed into the hands of the Spencers. Since 1984 the hotel has been managed by the Indian Hotels Company Limited. Exuding magnificence and history from every corner, today this hotel speaks to all travelers staying within its walls. The Taj West End is also home to some of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and award winning restaurants, offering unique and exquisite cuisines. Each outlet; Mynt, Blue Ginger Masala Klub and Blue Bar will showcase their finest offerings, sure to enchant, impress and dazzle guests. The hotel has created several Exclusive and Unique Experiences for its guests all through the year, pampering and delighting them in true Taj West End style. Whether one opts for a Breakfast under The Raintree, Dinner at the Paradise Table at Blue Ginger or under the stars at Masala Klub, guests will surely make memories that last them a lifetime! The Jiva Grande Spa and Salon, State of the Art fitness centre and two outdoor pools ensure this is the ideal getaway for leisure in the city of Bengaluru! With over 25000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor banqueting space, The Taj West End lends itself wonderfully to business conferences, conclaves and celebrations alike. The Taj West End looks forward to welcoming its guests to Bengaluru’s favorite hotel, a true icon for hospitality in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore