“Excellent Hotel - takes care of its guests”

The Leela Palace Bengaluru
Ranked #11 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Brilliant Hotel. Had all that is needed for ones stay, irrespective of a business or a leisure traveler.

Will recommend it to anyone.

Courteous staff, always looking out to see how the can help you. Brilliant breakfast options.

Room Tip: Take the room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with an unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

The Leela Palace Bangalore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Leela and was quite pleased with the quality of room and service. The quality of the restaurant food was average. Not bad but I did expect better for a five star deluxe. The Zen restaurant had what seemed to be a 30 page menu which got a bit ridiculous. The workout facilities are very good and the grounds and pool area are beautiful although, where the hotel is located, the smell of pollution is clear. There is a galleria attached for which you can do lots of shopping. the room was beautifl - hardwood floors with a full marble bathroom, jacuzzi tub, etc. One problem I found was the room lighting. A couple of nights it went on and off in the middle of the night on its own. I was never able to get the problem fixed and just ended up wearing the night mask I got from the airline on the way down.
Stayed January 2005, travelled on business

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your invaluable feedback.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about the quality of food at our restaurants and lighting of the room. I would like to personally apologize for this inconvenience.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to continuing to serve you as our valued guest and appreciate you bringing this to light. It is feedback like this that help us serve you the best way you would like us to.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel is quite centrally located on the old airport road and lives up to the Leela standards. Once you are inside the hotel you would feel you are in a diffrent world with its gardens and fountains. The rooms are quite big and give you the feeling of a good star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I had 4 days 5 nights at the Leela Palace, my first trip to India. From the moment they picked me up at the airport, the accommodation and looking after me was fantastic.
Here is the break down of my trip:-
Accommodation: 4th floor room with garden view, two large single beds with a large bedroom, desk and ensuite facilities.
Very Clean and well looked after, all the facilities that you would expect from a very high class hotel (safe, mini bar, internet, water).
Hotel: very clean safe, high level of security, gardens lovely to walk arround in, pool and outdoor dining area nice set out and well staffed.
Dining:
Citrus: for breakfast and diner, european and indian dishes, well cooked and delicious food. All preparation and cooking undertaken where you can see the chefs working. Well worth a visit
Zen: chinese meal one evening, very good food and service.

Staff: One evening I had the misfortune to injury my leg and had to go to the hospital across the road. The hotel staff accompanied me, sorted out the hospital and brought me back. The subsequent days they made sure I was fine.

I would definetly recommend this hotel if your in the area. It is not cheap but you get what you pay for

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 December 2013

the hotel is rightly named 'palace' for its sheer size does denote one. located in the main stream city, this hotel offers both comfort and luxury in the otherwise highly congested city of Bangalore. our stay in the hotel for a couple of days to attend a business function proceeded without hiccup without us feeling at any point the rigours of a business program as one normally carries. All the events were planned at different parts of the hotel which did not allow monotony to step in at any point. In short - a thumbs up for business events.

Room Tip: prefer the room which faces the main entry gate. only those have a proper view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 December 2013

After a gap I could find a hotel for which I have all my admiration. I actually donot know from where to start with.
As soon as you enter this hotel after leaving busy Airport Road, you start getting feel of relaxation. The car driveway is nice big area with lovely fountain running. The entry area is quite huge with lush greenary & place to sit down & relax or do your work. When you enter the hotel & approach the reception you are forced to admire the reception area since it is beautifully done with nice sitting space properly decorated & facing greenary on one side.
The staff was courteous & when I requested for romm having good view, they searched for the same & gave me one. I was accompanied by staff who directed me towards room. The journey to room was again something which I enjoyed. I have all admiration for the hotel. You felt like keep walking as the passage was so well done with nice carpet, well lit walk area, with sofas & table lamp kept at various places. The carpets had nice carving & there were nice pictures, flowers put across in the corridor which gave it a rich look.
When I entered room I said "Wow". The room was big. Everything thing inside the room had all praises from me. The queensize bed, the study place, sofa, washroom, the walk area, the lamps, the pictures- everything attracted my attention. Everything was just perfect. The room also had a balcony which was facing swimming pool & lush greenary. The view was awesome.
Since I could only enjoy Citrus where I had gone for the breakfast- I would again rate it high. The Citrus was again facing greenary & also you can walk a little & reach swimming pool which was of good size with small pool by side for children too.
What I liked the best about this hotel was actualy everything.

Room Tip: "Rooms facing swimming pool & greenary give lovely view"
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had reviewed the hotel long ago and went again recently. The renovation of many rooms has been done and we stayed in a beautiful suite overlooking the lush garden in the middle of the city. The suite was very well appointed with a large bedroom with ample cupboard space. The sitting room was also large with a nice corner for work and a sitting place for 6 people.
Nice welcome drinks from the GM on arrival, good fruit basket and plates of cookies and snacks.
Both the bedroom and sitting have a small private balcony to enjoy a peaceful time at night or early morning.
Being on business we had no time to enjoy the various restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room or suite facing the garden
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business