“Relaxing and comforting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
United Arab Emirates
“Relaxing and comforting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Leela several times and was upgraded to a suite once. The suites are massive and out of this world with kitchen, large bathroom, separate toilet for guests, living room and a balcony larger than most hotel rooms.

The surrounding garden is lush green with trees surrounding the hotel wrapped in gorgeous lawns.

Service is great and friendly although the bar outside can take time to get your order.

Don't miss the oriental restaurant in the hotel. Great food in a beautify setting.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pratikvashisht07, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 2 September 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated and I have personally shared your feedback with Zen team for exceeding your expectations . It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

The Leela Palace Bangalore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I won't talk in depth about the quality of the hotel, the food, the rooms, the bed. It is all excellent as others will have written.

The problem with this hotel is that it is just a 5 star shell - the staff here smile and welcome you warmly when you arrive, but ask something of them and they are unable to assist.

I wanted a taxi, so I went to the bellboys and asked where I can request one. I was told to use the hotel BMW 7 series for $100 for a 30 min trip. I certainly didn't want that, so I told them a taxi would be fine. I was then told to go back into the hotel, past the worthless security check, to the concierge desk. There I was told the hotel will not assist me ordering a taxi. I can use the hotel BMW or nothing. After a small debate over how ridiculous that was, they agreed to provide me with a phone number to book a taxi myself. Another discussion ensued over why a 5 start hotel should be able to request taxis on behalf of their guests. They finally agreed as 'special exception'. When the taxi arrived it was the absolutely worst taxi possible - no meter meant I was overcharged 200%, no seat belts, seemingly no suspension, and a driver that didn't know where he was going. Compared to the nice taxis I got from the airport and subsequently arranged myself throughout the stay - it was clear to me that they ordered the worst possible taxi to teach me a lesson and persuade me to use their hotel cars next time around.

Very poor service. Very unbecoming of the hotel they work in.

Room Tip: This hotel is vast. Unless you want to walk down endless hallways for 2-3 minutes to get to the elev...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nickcom
Pratikvashisht07, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your invaluable feedback.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about our service. I would like to personally apologize for this .

I can understand the inconvenience this may have caused you and would like to appraise you that we don't have a dedicated taxi service because the taxis in Bangalore are not reliable enough to cater to our guest requirements , We are already in a process to dedicate a fleet of taxis for our guest which will understand and anticipate the needs of our guests.

I will take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to continuing to serve you as our valued guest and appreciate you bringing this to light. It is feedback like this that help us serve you the best way you would like us to

Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We went to hotel leela for our technology forum. Our company (freescale semiconductor) made a corporate booking. Their lunch and Dinner was terribly bad, Our regular canteens are much better then that. Perhaps they are not good for corporate booking. Breakfast was very good which actually includes both individual and corporate booking. Their bar person Abhishek was one of the worst staff member who tells lies. He was serving liquors with lower brand then what was booked and saying the other brand is finished. he didn't care even if people were going back without having their booked liquor. How can any brand is finished if the amount is pre-paid for that brand days back. After 2 mins i saw him serving the booked brand and he said it has arrived. the attitude of that guy was just like an under paid budgeted hotel. If you want to go to a 5 star with 5 star feeling but deal with some under paid budgeted hotel staff, your enjoy will be turned into bad feeling.

Pankaj.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Pankajst
TheLeelaPalace, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your invaluable feedback.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about our Service. I would like to personally apologize for this inconvenience.

I have noted the feedback on the food and will certainly work on improving that and I have also personally looked into your concern that you raised against one of our team members and I have personally addressed the matter with the team and found out the pouring brand did get over that particular evening but yes the associate should have come to you and appraise about the availability of the particular brand.

We at The Leela Palace take lot of pride in the experience that we create for our guest and I assure you this is definitely not the level of service we are known for , I request you to treat this matter in isolation and don't let it mar the impression of The Palace.

Look forward to your continuous support and patronage in future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I made a night out of coming here and so glad I did. I was solo so I wanted to choose the best food experience I could. I know many of the other popular spots in the city but hadnt tried this one yet...and I am glad I did. Best seafood in the city. It was all so fresh but my dessert was the best. The ambiance is very nice and very pleasant for a solo eater. Highly reccommend.
Want to appreciate Prem for efficient service.He is the smartest manager i have ever seen.

WELLDONE!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
leelabangalore01, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 30 August 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and our food are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

banglore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at The Leela for two weeks on business. This is the GOOD hotel choice in Bangalore. There is good wifi and an iPod dock. All the restaurants are excellent there. It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests who had opted to spend the day in the shade of the palm trees in the little garden. At no charge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
leelabangalore01, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 September 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and our staff are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The entry, lobby, grounds and other common areas are like a fantasy - it's truly like entering a palace. It is quiet, peaceful and green, and a great escape from the streets outside. The rooms are large, luxurious and comfortable. There is good wifi and an iPod dock. All the restaurants are excellent, as is the service throughout the hotel. By far the best part of the day was returning to the peace and quiet of the Leela Palace.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
leelabangalore01, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 August 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at The Leela for two weeks on business. This is the BEST hotel choice in Bangalore. The rooms were amazing, spacious and very clean, the service was phenomenal, the restaurants were great and the kicker the shopping mall attached has some of the best quality items around. The staff welcomed me at every turn everyday, they even remembered my breakfast order after the second day. The lush garden views are to die for. I highly recommend this palace. Overall a phenomenal experience and stay!

• Stayed July 2014