“Excellent Hotel!”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 666 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I was impressed by the meticulous attention to detail and courtesy that was afforded to the guests. From the moment I walked in at 5 AM, off a flight, I was greeted and offered refreshment before starting the checkin process. As to the aesthetics, the hotel and rooms are gorgeous. The room was spotless, as were all the public areas of the hotel.and everything was laid out with precision. The hotel food was good, and they were extremely accomodating when I asked for small deltas off the menu.

This hotel excelled in the little things that truly differentiate. For example, I had forgotten to pack a travel shaving cream. I figured I would order or buy one but had not gotten to it on day one in Bangalore. Housekeeping saw that and the Housekeeping Supervisor himself (Singaravelan J.) knocked on my door the next morning to offer me a new mini-can of Gillette (matching my razor) since it had been noted by housecleaning that I was out, as well as toothpaste since they were concerned that my travel sized toothpaste would not suffice.

the only downside to the hotel was the noisy throughfare, which in Bangalore means that horns start blaring by 6 AM. On the bright side, if you closed the inner door to the room entryway, the sound was muffled excellently. It took me the first night to figure that one out.

Room Tip: When you come in jet lagged, remember to close the door to the entryway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your recent visit to Bangalore and also for posting such a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

It was indeed a delight to have been of service to you.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Singaravelan was also happy to note that his efforts were so graciously appreciated.

The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi, Bengaluru

Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Oberoi in Bangalore and loved it. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are beautiful. The deluxe room was comfortable, clean, nicely appointed, and has a beautiful balcony. Most important, though, is the service. You really do feel welcome at a hotel like The Oberoi. Everyone is so friendly and really makes it clear that they want you to have the best stay possible while you're there. The service is not over-bearing in any way. It's just friendly. There is also no pressure to tip each person working in the hotel. You just tip at the end and they all share it. Also important to know that you can drink the tap water in the hotel. That's not true everywhere in Bangalore, even in rather nice hotels in the city.

There are 4 main restaurants at The Oberoi. We ate at three of them during out stay and the food was excellent in all of them. The breakfast buffet has plenty of options (Indian, European and American). If you don't want the breakfast buffet, they have a nice breakfast beyond beyond that. Loved our dinner at the Chinese restaurant, and we also had great lunches (Indian and non-Indian food) at the Polo Club (great outdoor seating). As always, service was fantastic at all restaurants.

The pool area is beautiful. We were staying at at time when the hotel was not crowded so it was never difficult for us to get a lounge chair out at the pool. You can't hear the noise of busy Bangalore at all in this area of the hotel.

As some people have mentioned, the noise of the streets in Bangalore is undeniable... constant honking from sun up to sun down; but the double-door in the rooms shuts out most of the noise. The honking also does cease a bit after the evening rush hour so we had no trouble sleeping at all.

If you're familiar with Bangalore, you know that there's no walking anywhere from your hotel. Get a good driver and you'll be set.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

Thank you indeed for your wonderful words of appreciation.

We are delighted to note that you found our product, facilities, service to your satisfaction. Your gracious comments for the team has been shared with them, who were proud to read such a delightful review from you. Your recognition is a great source of pride and will motivate all of us to strive even further for excellence.

We thank you for your support and encouragement and eagerly await to having more opportunities to serve you.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is one of those rare places where it is hard to fault anything. The property is beautifully maintained and an oasis shielding you from the chaos of the outside world. The gardens are peaceful and relaxing. Rooms and bathrooms (with Mr Steam) are spacious, spotlessly clean. The pool is super. Food is wonderful and the breakfast buffet was excellent - miles ahead of any buffet offered by other five star properties at which I have stayed. But all this on its own is not enough to make a great hotel. It is the staff who really make the experience memorable. Like other reviewers, I agree that Oberoi has incredibly well-trained staff. They ANTICIPATE needs and nothing is too much trouble. Staff is very courteous and friendly and I enjoyed interacting with them. Guests at the Oberoi in Bangalore are made to feel very special and that staff find it a privilege to be able to make our stays comfortable. Oberoi Bangalore has much of which to be proud.

Room Tip: Any room here would be wonderful
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are proud to read such a delightful recommendation from you.

I have conveyed your compliments on our rooms, garden and also on your dining experience to the Housekeeping, Kitchen and Food and Beverage team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. It is our constant endeavour to deliver personalised services and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We look forward to your return and take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here for a week during a business trip. While travelling to India, I always try to pick a Leela, Oberoi or a top-end Taj hotel. In Bangalore I would rate this hotel second (after Taj West-End). All facilities in the room were great, very good personalized service (i was greeted using my name every morning several times and was informed nicely about cars waiting etc.). Breakfast was according to Indian top-end standards (which is not the best on a worldwide scale). Dinner buffet extraordinary. Hotel setting, even though in the middle of hectic Bangalore, was very peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for your encouraging feedback on Trip Advisor.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you.

We appreciate and thank you for recognizing our team members for all their efforts.

I have conveyed your comments on the breakfast to our Executive Chef and do hope to meet your expectations during your next stay with us.

At The Oberoi, we take pride in the services that we offer and it is feedback from our guests which helps review our procedures in striving for better product.

The team joins me in wishing you a very Happy New Year and look forward to welcoming you back to Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

huvida.marshall@oberolihotels.com

Reviewed 1 January 2012

The first thing that will catch your attention when you get to this property is how did they manage to create so much space in such a prime area, the pool, lawns around it etc. is amazing and cuts you off completely from the hustle and bustle of the MG Road. The staff are extremely friendly and courteous, be it in the restaurant, reception, business centre or anywhere around the property. During my 2 days stay at no point did I feel something was not working for me, whenever there was a problem the hotel staff stepped in to sort it out.
The room is good, the second door in the lobby stops all the noise from MG road, the balconies are amazing with its greenery and views of the pool. What I did not like about the room was the lack of curtains which were replaced with sliding doors. While this may have been done for cancelling the nose from outside, it makes your room look like a bunker. That is the reason I rate this hotel "Very Good" and not Excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Thank you indeed for your compliments.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Our horticulture team were also happy to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is our greatest reward.

We have noted your comments on the absence of curtains in the rooms and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.

The team and I wish you a very Happy New Year and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We had a very good experience at the Oberoi Bangalore. This was the first time I had visited an Oberoi property, most of my 5 star stays have been limited to Taj in the past. The staff was extremely well groomed, food was good and location very convinient. There was a 'Adigas' restaurant right opposite which offered some cheaper food options as well :) My kid started having breathing difficulties 1 night during my stay and the staff really went out of their way to help.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

The team joins me in wishing you a very Happy New Year.

We hope your child is well now.

Thank you for taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to note that you had a good experience at our hotel.The team at The Oberoi is committed to quality service and it is our endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to ensure that their stay is truly memorable.

My team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred destination whenever you travel to Bangalore.

huvida.marshall@oberolihotels.com

Reviewed 26 December 2011

After 15 hours or more of travel, walking into the Oberoi in Bangalore was like a dream. My mom and I were incredibly tired and jet-lagged but from the minute we stepped into the airport's arrival terminal, we felt the hotel's dedicated attention and out-of-this-world service. Hotel's staff was waiting for us in the airport and we were in the airport and whisked away to the hotel by our amazing driver. Once there we were greeted with fresh fruit juice and escorted to our room for the most painless check-in process we've experienced to date. At 4:30 am we felt like the whole hotel was up and ready to help us. With dawn we were able to appreciate just how beautiful the Oberoi is. My mom couldn't believe it. Our breakfast was beyond delicious and as we prepared to continue with our travels, the staff made sure we had everything we needed. They helped us get a SIM card for our cell phone and contact lens solution we had forgotten back home. In short, it was truly extraordinary. Our stay was way too short to enjoy everything the Oberoi has to offer. To us, it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BibiNunezNYC
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore with the Trip Advisor community.

It was a delight to have been of service to your mother and you.

The team was overwhelmed to read your gracious words of appreciation and was happy that their efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our utmost focus at The Oberoi to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality and it is feedback such as yours which is our greatest reward and motivates us to continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of having more opportunities to be of service to you.