The Oberoi, Bengaluru
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,236 results
All reviewspolo cluble jardinrain treerim naaman oasismg roadbutler serviceexcellent servicebusy citychinese restaurantbusiness tripbeautiful hotelthe heart of the cityroom servicein room diningspecial thankshouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is a very nice hotel, lush gardens,great fittness center,wonderful balcony rooms,pool that is gorgeous and incredible customer service!!
I would highly reccomned this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your recent visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are proud to read such a delightful recommendation from you.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to your return and assure you of our best service at all times.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My colleagues and I had a 7 night business trip planned for Bangalore. We had accomindations at a competing hotel up the street, which was fine for a night or two. We stopped by the Oberoi for dinner and moved the next day. The restaurants, guestrooms, and service are outstanding. I will definitly stay at this property again. And on my next visit to Mumbai I will try the Oberoi there as well.

Room Tip: Request a room with a nice view of the pool and gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We are pleased to note that you found our product, facilities and service outstanding and thank you sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your support and patronage to The Oberoi Group and look forward to the delight of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I was impressed by the meticulous attention to detail and courtesy that was afforded to the guests. From the moment I walked in at 5 AM, off a flight, I was greeted and offered refreshment before starting the checkin process. As to the aesthetics, the hotel and rooms are gorgeous. The room was spotless, as were all the public areas of the hotel.and everything was laid out with precision. The hotel food was good, and they were extremely accomodating when I asked for small deltas off the menu.

This hotel excelled in the little things that truly differentiate. For example, I had forgotten to pack a travel shaving cream. I figured I would order or buy one but had not gotten to it on day one in Bangalore. Housekeeping saw that and the Housekeeping Supervisor himself (Singaravelan J.) knocked on my door the next morning to offer me a new mini-can of Gillette (matching my razor) since it had been noted by housecleaning that I was out, as well as toothpaste since they were concerned that my travel sized toothpaste would not suffice.

the only downside to the hotel was the noisy throughfare, which in Bangalore means that horns start blaring by 6 AM. On the bright side, if you closed the inner door to the room entryway, the sound was muffled excellently. It took me the first night to figure that one out.

Room Tip: When you come in jet lagged, remember to close the door to the entryway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your recent visit to Bangalore and also for posting such a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

It was indeed a delight to have been of service to you.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Singaravelan was also happy to note that his efforts were so graciously appreciated.

The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Oberoi in Bangalore and loved it. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are beautiful. The deluxe room was comfortable, clean, nicely appointed, and has a beautiful balcony. Most important, though, is the service. You really do feel welcome at a hotel like The Oberoi. Everyone is so friendly and really makes it clear that they want you to have the best stay possible while you're there. The service is not over-bearing in any way. It's just friendly. There is also no pressure to tip each person working in the hotel. You just tip at the end and they all share it. Also important to know that you can drink the tap water in the hotel. That's not true everywhere in Bangalore, even in rather nice hotels in the city.

There are 4 main restaurants at The Oberoi. We ate at three of them during out stay and the food was excellent in all of them. The breakfast buffet has plenty of options (Indian, European and American). If you don't want the breakfast buffet, they have a nice breakfast beyond beyond that. Loved our dinner at the Chinese restaurant, and we also had great lunches (Indian and non-Indian food) at the Polo Club (great outdoor seating). As always, service was fantastic at all restaurants.

The pool area is beautiful. We were staying at at time when the hotel was not crowded so it was never difficult for us to get a lounge chair out at the pool. You can't hear the noise of busy Bangalore at all in this area of the hotel.

As some people have mentioned, the noise of the streets in Bangalore is undeniable... constant honking from sun up to sun down; but the double-door in the rooms shuts out most of the noise. The honking also does cease a bit after the evening rush hour so we had no trouble sleeping at all.

If you're familiar with Bangalore, you know that there's no walking anywhere from your hotel. Get a good driver and you'll be set.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

Thank you indeed for your wonderful words of appreciation.

We are delighted to note that you found our product, facilities, service to your satisfaction. Your gracious comments for the team has been shared with them, who were proud to read such a delightful review from you. Your recognition is a great source of pride and will motivate all of us to strive even further for excellence.

We thank you for your support and encouragement and eagerly await to having more opportunities to serve you.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is one of those rare places where it is hard to fault anything. The property is beautifully maintained and an oasis shielding you from the chaos of the outside world. The gardens are peaceful and relaxing. Rooms and bathrooms (with Mr Steam) are spacious, spotlessly clean. The pool is super. Food is wonderful and the breakfast buffet was excellent - miles ahead of any buffet offered by other five star properties at which I have stayed. But all this on its own is not enough to make a great hotel. It is the staff who really make the experience memorable. Like other reviewers, I agree that Oberoi has incredibly well-trained staff. They ANTICIPATE needs and nothing is too much trouble. Staff is very courteous and friendly and I enjoyed interacting with them. Guests at the Oberoi in Bangalore are made to feel very special and that staff find it a privilege to be able to make our stays comfortable. Oberoi Bangalore has much of which to be proud.

Room Tip: Any room here would be wonderful
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time.

I have conveyed your compliments on our rooms, garden and also on your dining experience to the Housekeeping, Kitchen and Food and Beverage team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. It is our constant endeavour to deliver personalised services and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We look forward to your return and take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year.