“Great service, great”

Ranked #1 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai
“Great service, great”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed in Oberoi, 3 times in last couple of years. Best thing is that somehow they gave me the same room. When I asked is that coincidence, reply was that I have given a feed on my first visit that I liked the room so they next 2 times the same room was avl, hence they gave me the same room. What I like about the room is the balcony over looking greenery and also the swimming pool. Food was good. As hotel located on MG road so Had good walk around in the evening. Last but not the least got best of staff and amazing service. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Deepdarshi
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us in May 2011.

We are delighted to learn that you found our product, food and service to your satisfaction.

The team and I thank you for your time and for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and it is appreciation such as yours which keeps us motivated and help us in delivering our best.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bangalore
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I am a fussy traveller who has stayed in hotels around the world and in India. The Oberoi, Bangalore is right up there with the best anywhere. Certainly the best in India, bar none. The property itself radiates a calm stillness enhanced by those trees and that gentle expanse of green. The food is delicious and thoroughly enjoable. And the staff across functions are attentive, quietly efficient and seem genuinely happy to be working there. And that really makes the experience quite extraordinary. Highly recommended with no caveats !

Room Tip: Stayed in 326. Superb view! Suspect all the rooms have a similar view of that gorgeous old tree fill...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to note that you found The Oberoi, Bangalore the best in India. Thank you indeed for such a compliment.

We appreciate and thank you for recognizing our team members for all their efforts. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is our greatest reward.

We are grateful for your support and patronage and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back to Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Oberoi, bengaluru has to be the best city hotel I've stayed in. This when it has to compete with the opulence of the Leela, the radical ambiance of the Park and the riches of the Gardenia. To begin with it is dead in the center of the city, next door to Taj and Ista and walking distance from two metro stations and bang on the MG Road. And yet, step into the hotel and you'd be cut off from the outside world as if you were on a retreat far away from the mess of a city. The hotel staff consider it a personal insult if you are left with even the slightest discomfort and as if their pampering wasn't enough, your personal butler would ensure you do not have to lift a finger during your stay at the hotel.

The rooms are very well designed and sleep quality is top notch. They also boast of anything you may need during your stay and more. Each room also has a balcony on the inside with an amazing view of greenery which only a Bangalore hotel could have. The balconies also overlook the swimming pool, vast greens and two of the hotel's best restaurants (which by the way merit a eulogy of their own). It really is a place where all you have to do is arrive.

Room Tip: Even though a second door ensures that any residual noise from the road outside is blocked, a simple...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful recommendation from you.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services . It is our constant endeavor to deliver personalised services and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at the Oberoi in Bangalore now four times over two years. They either keep a file on you or have great memory because my cold coffee and salmon omelet are usually being prepared for me in the breakfast room before I can order them.

The truth about staying in Bangalore however is location. Stay as close as possible to where you need to go, because it takes an hour to get just about anywhere!

1 Thank ladyerica
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
**************
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. Your feedback makes us proud of our team members.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is always been our endeavour to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us as we take great pride in delivering exceptional service.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bangalore

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is my 2nd visit to The Oberoi and as usual, it is impecable. The staff are amazingly professional and yet still manage to exude a sense of warm hospitality. A request for a firm pillow was delivered in about 5 minutes. Breakfast at Le Jardin is truly amazing - one of the best that I've had in India. The attention to detail is also one of the finest points of this hotel and I will return again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I have shared your gracious comments with the team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. The Housekeeping and Kitchen teams were also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

My team and I are delighted to note that The Oberoi will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Oberoi is a world class hotel with the best service I have ever had anywhere in the World. Any time I'm in Bangalore, India, I will stay at the Oberoi and no where else!

Room Tip: All of them are excellent. There is an inner door you can close to cut all noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests

We are pleased to note that The Oberoi will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spend most of my time in Bangalore on business. My wife recently visited me here & we decided to treat ourselves to a week's stay at the Oberoi. I was amazed. Quite apart from the fact that the hotel is a beautiful haven of calm & peace in the middle of a noisy bustling city, the standard of service was the best I have ever experienced in many years of staying at 5-star (& above) hotels around the world on business & holiday. Every day there seemed to be one small action, performed by the friendly staff, designed to make our stay more comfortable & hassle-free. The prime example was when I mentioned to a concierge that my favourite shop in Bangalore is 'Blossoms', the secondhand bookshop, & that I study history. Next day, knock at the door & I was presented with a lovely book on Indian history purchased from 'Blossoms'! Final day, lounging by the hotel pool, we were presented with a cake to wish us 'bon voyage' for the trip back to the UK. The staff really made our stay superb. I can't wait to try the other Oberoi hotels in India.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with abalcony overlooking the pool & gardens.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi and also for taking time to share experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found our service the best and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments on some gestures made by the team that contributed to your impression. It is our constant endeavour to deliver excellent services and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you for your support and look forward to many more opportunities to be of service to you.