“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #1 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for a night in June! absolutely wonderful hotel. Rooms are clean, location is excellent,service is courteous and really good, and the entire living experience is brilliant. Hats off to the management of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore in June 2013.

We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage on Trip Advisor.

Your compliments on our rooms and service is inspirational to all of us.

We are committed to consistently providing efficient service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward.

We thank you once again for your support and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Day 2 at the Oberoi and loving it...

Day 1 I came in expecting the usual check in process but was pleasantly surprised when a lovely lady greeted me like an old friend whom she was expecting and escorted me to my room immediately. The check in process was at my room and what totally floored me was the iPad. In fact I used to wonder when I was in Vegas why the big casinos do a app for all the services in their massive hotels anyway I digress....

So as we finished checkin my personal butler walks in an offers me a choice of juices.

My hostess did a bit if selling in spa ;-) which was ok and then I took some rest and called the front desk for a haircut and a shave and boy was it good.., muthu from rameshwaram the portly middle aged man knew his trade and gave a smoother skin than any new borns butt..,expensive it was even by international standards but then this is international class... I have always wondered why the hell good hotels and airports do not have a good barber who will give be a great shave.

I go out to my meetings and come back late night and the bar is closed :-(

So I go the le jardin ( not figured the right French pronunciation) and they agreed to feed me. Iam lactose intolerant and hard time explaining that to the nice waiter who seemed to think I was crazy to ask of dishes without butter. Note to management - a major % of men are lactose intolerant. Anyway I finally got it across and ordered a chicken dish which was ok... The waiter asked me and I told him i was not great

Now here is the best part the chef walks up to me at buffet breakfast the next day apologies that it ws not great and now Iam thinking Iam dead and in heaven cause imagine saying that to your wife :-) this what I call customer delight.

My sleep was great and switching lights from my iPad now that was my childhood dream :-)

I bring my American friend who are staying at the jw for lunch and boy where they impressed. We had lunch at the thai place and the good was good but the view was awesome

I am wiring this review sitting in the polo bar having a sura wine ( kind of nice and mellow) and eating a chicken platter and this time the bar tender understood dairy free.., maybe he has it too :-)

Awesome mr oberoi I want to buy stock in your company if this is what you sell....

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to be of service to you.

We sincerely hope you have a memorable stay with us.

Thank you for taking time to review your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to Taranpreet who did the check in and Khitish the butler, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Muthu was also pleased to note that his efforts were so well appreciated.

The team at Rim Naam were delighted that your friend and you enjoyed the dining experience.

It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us. We are happy to receive your appreciation on the iPads which have been introduced in our renovated accommodation

Your feedback on the spa and food at Le Jardin has been shared with the teams concerned and we do sincerely hope to showcase an improvement.

If there is anything that I can personally do to make your stay more comfortable, please do let me know. It will be my pleasure.

We thank you once again for your time and for this wonderful review and wish you a pleasant stay.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the Oberoi, Bangalore for a week. I could not recommend it highly enough. The hotel itself is beautiful, the grounds are lovely, the restaurants are fantastic and best of all - the staff are incredible. Bangalore can be a wonderful and frustrating place - it can leave you inspired and exhausted. To make sure you get the most out of your trip, stay in a hotel that will leave you feeling like royalty.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff everything - they will make sure you get exactly the booking you want :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our gardens, restaurants and hospitality.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.

It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of comfort and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We thank you for your recommendation and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Milano
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed only one night but planning to visit again. Everything was perfect. Beautiful room and friendly staff. The Italian restaurant had a great menu but too small portions and too much time to wait.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ogige
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely appreciate your compliments on our rooms and service. I have shared your positive comments with the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in service at our restaurant. Please may I assure you that I have taken up your feedback with the concerned team and necessary action has been initiated in this regard. We do hope to show case an improvement when you visit us next.

We have also made a note of your comments on the food portion and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.

We thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I visited 10 cities in India and we rate the Oberoi the best hotel. The management and staff are thoroughly professional and make one feel welcome.
The very high standard cannot be matched anywhere.
The room was huge and very comfortable. It has to be seen to be appreciated. The staff in the restaurants are pleasant, courteous and very efficient.
Perry Naidu

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the gardens and pool area. The higher floors give you a commanding view of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perry N
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have been of service to your wife and you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We, at The Oberoi believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Appreciation from our guests indeed increases our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We look forward to the delight of welcoming your wife and you back.

San Dieog
Reviewed 21 November 2013

During a day-trip outside the city we passed a make-shift stand selling beautiful hand-made masks intended to ward off evil spirits that may afflict new homes. Though we didn't have time to stop then, my driver assured me that we could stop on the way to the airport. Two days later, I went down to meet the car who would take me to the airport and to my surprise, Raghu, the driver had driven back to the outskirts of the city and purchased the mask with his own money. I have never experienced such a thoughtful gesture at a hotel and Raghu wasn't even hotel staff, but an Avis employee. What amazing customer service and the most outstanding example of going beyond the call of duty to personalize a hotel experience. I thanked Oberoi General Manager personally for the fabulous stay and the service of his and Avis' staff and he assured me that my driver would be rewarded. I will follow up to make sure that is the case. -Adam

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Bangalore this month.

We also thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

I am happy to note that you were delighted with our service and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments for Raghu, our chauffeur. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

All of us including Raghu look forward to more opportunities to welcome you back to our city and our hotel.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were initially shocked with the service that we received upon walking into the hotel. We've never experienced a room check-in before. It was a pleasant experience, especially after the long drive from the airport into the city, the unbearing traffic, and having only one night at the hotel. The service offered added value to our stay by ensuring our time was not wasted in any way.
We loved having a butler :)
The concierge desk gave an excellent tip for a restaurant, where we had a great time enjoying a wonderful meal and ambiance.
Our only wish was that we stayed longer than a night at The Oberoi!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

I am happy to note that our service exceeded your expectations. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

The Oberoi