“Stunned by the level of service... Simply amazing.”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
delhi
“Stunned by the level of service... Simply amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I don't think it is happenstance when you find everything perfect-- the staff friendly and attentive... Always there just when you need them... Doing things for you just before you thought of it yourself--it is practised efficiency and proper training by masters of the hotel industry. I have no doubt in my mind that Oberoi's run the best hotels in the world not because of their great properties and their attention to detail which is expected but because of their service and staff. I thank Aehsan at the front desk and Jijo at Le Jardine for their care and ever smiling faces.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sud26
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore this month.

We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.

Your kind words of appreciation for the team is truly inspirational for all of us. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward.

I have conveyed your compliments to Aeshan and Jijo for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We thank you once again for your support and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've stayed at the Oberoi, Bangalore, 5 times between 2013 and 2014, and just wound up a stay yesterday.

What I love about this hotel:
- The staff is incredibly nice and approachable. India is a very different country and westerners are naturally curious. The staff are very open to conversations. Even the chef's, all excellent, are approachable, and appear to enjoy engaging directly with the staff, and serving dishes off the menu.
- The staff anticipate needs. E.g. on my most recent stay, one of the maids detected that I was low on my own brand name of shampoo. This lovely girl provided me an 80 ML (i.e. TSA 3-1-1 friendly) bottle of the same brand, without charge, and left me a note.
- It is truly 5 star. To me, you cannot be 5 star unless you have 24 hour room service. Actually I think if there isn't 24 hour room service, that is as bad as camping in a tent. The 24 hour alcohol service is one that I have taken advantage of a few times. Not only does the Oberoi have 24 hour room service, but it includes 24 hour alcohol room service (unfortunately, alcohol service in the the most excellent bar stops at 10pm, officially).
- The staff remember you from stay to stay. One evening, after returning from the office, I strolled toward the bar, and my favorite bar tender met me at the entrance, addressed me by name, and welcomed me. It was as if the chief bell hop radioed her from the point I arrived at the entrance.
- Staff diversity. The hotel clearly believes in gender and ethnic diversity. There are lots of females in roles that in India are traditionally reserved for males, such as bartenders and chefs. Indeed, the manager of the hotel is a wonderful lady, Ms. Marshall, who've I've yet to meet in person, but nonetheless always has written a friendly welcome note for me in my room on the night I arrive. In addition, there are many staff from the North East states of India; a group of people that are often discriminated against. Staying at the Oberoi is a socially responsible choice that helps India and exposes guests to the amazing diversity of Indians.
- Low noise. The Oberoi is on MG road, which has become much busier since the tech explosion impacted Bangalore, and since before the Oberoi was built. The Oberoi design has each room face the street (MG Road) and the hotel garden (with a balcony). The noise of MG road was impacting guests all night, including beyond midnight. The hotel has competed noise proofing the street side to the point that it is impossible to hear street noise past midnight.
- Superb food quality. There is the Le Jardin, serving a combination of Indian and Continental, as well as Thai and Chinese restaurants. The Thai is an especially popular destination for locals. The bar also serves Indian and American typical bar food, appetizers and mains. It also has draft beer chilled well below Indian norms that are great for North American pallets. The bartenders like to engage the guests, especially those who sit at the bar. When 12,000 miles from home, it is nice to talk to people versus reading email on smart phones,
- Most three star and above hotel rooms in India have at least five different light circuits for bathroom, main room, desk, left night stand, and right night stand lights. It can be an ordeal to get these lights turned off while trying to get ready to sleep. The Oberoi has solved this problem, Each room has an iPad that controls the lightning and climate. There is an iPad charger at the TV console and on the night stand alarm clock (iHome).
- The rooms have a separate shower and oversized bath tab, and the bath room is large.
- The current situation with the Rupee devaluation means that the Oberoid can be easily booked for under $200 / night and closer to $100 / night.

The only complaints are:
- it is a bit far from Domlur district where Embassy Golf Links and other engineering sites near HAL air force base, and the golf course are located. But it never takes more than 30 minutes by can, and avoiding rush hour it is usually 15 minutes.
- the rooms are a bit small compared to other nearby hotels. True, but they all come with a balcony and large bathroom (and large shower).
- the neighborhood has locals that bother hotel guests who try to wander on foot from the hotel. A pity because there is some interesting shopping nearby. You won't be hassled walking around a Domlur hotel like the Royal Orchid or The Paul, but you won't have as nice an experience.

Room Tip: All good. 2nd floor or 5th floor. First floor rooms appear to be very high end that don't show u...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you during your stays with us.

Thank you for taking time to share such a detailed and fantastic review on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

I have shared your compliments on our service with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team member in Housekeeping was also delighted to note your gracious comments.

We are grateful for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our rooms, facilities, and restaurants. It is also a pleasure to note your appreciation of the iPads which have been introduced in our entire accommodation. As you rightly mentioned, the intrusion of sound from M.G.Road is completely eliminated by the glass wall that we have fixed along the corridors leading to our guest rooms, thus ensuring a comfortable stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for your recognition and recommendation and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Huvida Marshall

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is simply beautiful - from the very pretty lobby, to the very friendly and helpful staff, to the beautiful and highly modern - yet classy and elegant rooms - it is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to. Room has hairdryers, high quality shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, and everything your heart may desire. The hotel also has several restaurants (which I did not eat at), but which promise to be delicious. The spa area is also very pretty, and open 24 hours! The pool is also very nice, located underneath palm trees. This hotel is highly recommended for a nice and relaxing stay :)

Room Tip: Try not to get rooms on the first floors as the gardeners can look into your room, so you have to ke...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Bangalore this month.

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your fantastic review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words on our rooms, spa, pool and services.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

With reference to your feedback on the gardeners, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your feedback has been shared with the entire horticulture team and am confident that you will notice a marked change during your future stays with us.

I thank you once again for your compliments and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Oberoi with one of my arab colleague for about 10 days in Jan/Feb 2014. I enjoyed my stay. Their hospitality was excellent. The food spread at The Jardine was awesome though being a vegetarian i could not try my hands at other restaurants where the choice for veggies was limited.

The facilities in room was excellent. The IPAD driven controls were amazing and I could even browse internet on TV using IPAD.

However, it seemed they were money minded because i was charged from a day earlier denying early check in facility though I was going to stay for over a week. No pick up or drop off was offered as part of the package though my stay was quite long.

I have claimed back refund for overcharging for one day and if i don't get it plan to take them to consumer court.

But no doubt their hospitablity was amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share you review with the TripAdvisor communication.

We are grateful for your gracious comments on our hospitality and are also happy to read your compliments on your dining experience at Le Jardin.

It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us. We are happy to receive your appreciation on the iPads which have been introduced in our renovated accommodation.

Reference your feedback on our early check in facility. I thank you for speaking to our Front Office Manager in this regard.

We value your support and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the Oberoi for a couple of weeks as a business visitor in Nov. 2013. Right from the time of my arrival, I was delighted to find the level to which the hotel staff went to personalize the service. Additionally, surprisingly, most of the staff seemed to know your name - another addition to the list of positive impressions.
I used to get a plate of roasted cashews almost on cue from the room service as well as braised lamb shanks/ lamb chops for breakfast even though it wasn't part of their daily breakfast spread (happened only after the first few days though as initially they couldn't arrange for it. This again signals that the hotel is bent to make the stay for its guests as comfortable as possible.
The room facilities were pretty impressive with the new tech. enabled room meaning I could open my locked room and play movies even from my IPad. Maybe a digital HD connected TV would have put the icing on the top. Spa was ok - I took their recommended top of the line package and it was good though not exactly out of this world.
Overall I would recommend a stay at the Oberoi any day over some of its contemporaries, if one is looking for personalized service.
My only advice to the management would be to ensure that sometimes the service delivery promises made don't get fulfilled and that's something they might want to action - can leave a slightly arid taste after having been spoken to very politely with an assured timeline of service etc.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice balcony overlooking the garden...or so I was given to understand.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore in November 2013 and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to receive your positive review on our renovated rooms and the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms.

Your recognition of our personalised service has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

With reference to your feedback on service delivery, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please may I assure you that I have taken up your feedback with the entire team and we do hope to show case an improvement when you visit us next.

We thank you once again for your recommendation and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the city of Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Easily the best hotel I have stayed in Bangalore. Oberoi takes over the moment you check in to ensure your stay is as smooth as possible. Service is impeccable and always available when required.

Definitely one of my favourite hotels.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our service. Your compliments have been shared with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized.

We thank you for your recommendation and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is my favorite place to stay while in Bangalore. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful (I'd compare them to Disney staff...which is a high complement from me). The rooms are beautiful and very modern. There's an iPad in the room to control the lights and TV. The interior of the hotel grounds are a quiet peaceful oasis within busy (and loud) Bangalore. The rooms face the interior hotel grounds so you don't hear the noise of the traffic (which is a constant barrage of honking, if you haven't been there!). I highly recommend the outdoor Thai restaurant (great food and ambiance).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Bangalore this month.

The team and I sincerely are grateful for your time taken in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to read your compliments on our garden and Thai restaurant – Rim Naam.

It is also a pleasure to note your appreciation of the iPads which have been introduced in our entire accommodation. Also the corridors leading to our guest rooms have an aesthetically designed carpet alongside the glass wall that eliminates all intrusions of sound thus ensuring a comfortable stay.

It is our endeavour to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay memorable and your appreciation is indeed rewarding.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review of our hotel and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com