“Amazing Hotel and Amazing Staff & Location”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Amazing Hotel and Amazing Staff & Location”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The best part about this hotel is the location, its located right near MG road, i went there with one of the senior executives of our company for a dinner. The food was amazing and the hotel resembles pure luxury, the staff were also friendly and i guess this hotel did everything right as its a pretty old veteran in the bengaluru hotels circle and we checked out Le Jardin restaurant which has pretty good ambience also and i heard its great for Breakfasts too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nipun Kumar J
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your compliments on our hotel and the ambiance of our restaurant, Le Jardin. It is a pleasure to note you enjoyed your dining experience.

We are also happy to receive your kind words of appreciation for the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

As your rightly mentioned The Oberoi, is conveniently located in the centre of the city on M.G.Road, close to the business, financial and shopping arcades of Bangalore, making it an ideal hotel both for a business traveller as well as for a family get-away.

All of us at The Oberoi thank you once again for your time and do hope to have the delight of having you stay with us.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oslo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was my second stay at the Oberoi in Bangalore. Unfortunately a very late arrival and a short one night visit this time. This litle oasis in the hectic life in Bangalore deserves to be enjoyed over several days. You are welcomed by an extraordinary friendly staff and the check in is done in a personal manner in your room - no limits what they can do to please you (maybe a litle too much for a Scandinavian who is used to do everything himself...). The room was delicate (but not very spaceious) and had all you need when travelling - and a nice balcony that I unfortunately did not have the chace to explore. The breakfast buffet was superb, with all kind off international dishes and all the traditional choices. They could even manage to do some drycleaning during a few night hours - good to know if you run out of clean shirts when travelling in India... I am already looking forward to be greated by the Oberoi team at my next visit - 100% recomendable!

Room Tip: You do not need any extra advise - the Oberoi team knows how to please you....!
1 Thank Anders G
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our hotel, facilities and services.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, including our chefs, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Your gracious comments will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

We have made a note of your comments on our rooms and would like to thank you for this feedback.

We are happy to note that The Oberoi will be your choice of hotel during your visits to Bangalore and we look forward to the delight of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

johannesburg
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is truly the best service we have ever experienced! The 'check inn' was done in our room with the welcome drink served to us there. Breakfast in Le Jardin is absolutely fantastic. Our room was nice, comfy bed, soft towels and very nice bathroom with stunning shower. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetravel84
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Bangalore in February 2014.

We also thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

We are delighted to read your compliments on product, facilities and service. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

All of us look forward to more opportunities to welcome you back to our city and our hotel.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I checked into the Oberoi in Bangalore a few days ago for a business trip. I have stayed in wonderful hotels all over the world, but I've never experienced a level of service as incredible as this. The staff anticipates your every need before you even realize it yourself... The other day, my colleague answered his door to find a member of the housekeeping staff, who said that he had noticed my colleague was running low on contact lens solution - he handed him a fresh bottle of his exact brand.

Yesterday my boyfriend in the States called the front desk and asked if he could purchase a dozen roses and have them delivered to my room. I returned to my hotel room after a long day to find a dozen perfect roses waiting for me, along with a beautiful hand-lettered note. My boyfriend later told me that the hotel didn't even charge him for the roses.

Every meal is delicious, and my favorite is breakfast at Le Jardin - the manager, Shashank, addresses you by name and basically ensures that you have the most incredible breakfast experience possible.

I have a few more days at this amazing hotel, and I look forward to each one.

1 Thank saramcpherson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Shashank was also pleased to note that his efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services that our guests have come to expect from us and appreciation such as yours is indeed rewarding.

If there is anything that I can personally do to make your future stays more comfortable, please do let me know. It will be my pleasure.

We thank you once again for your time and for this wonderful review.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed there for business for 5 days including a day completely spent at the hotel. Their rooms are most high-tech with a single touch i-pad control for everything in room. Nice TV in the bathroom as well for a leisure bath watching news :)

The SPA is one of the most amazing experience there.

For the food,when we did not like it, the chef himself came and did his best to present options to us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Saurabh S
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore in February 2014.

We also thank you for taking time to update your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We are happy to note your positive review on our rooms and the iPads. The team at the Spa was also delighted to note your compliments.

It is our continuous endeavour to deliver excellent services and facilities to our guests. Feedback such as yours increases our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

With regards to your comments on the food, please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We do hope that we showcase an improvement when you stay with us next.

I thank you once again for your gracious comments and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

delhi
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I don't think it is happenstance when you find everything perfect-- the staff friendly and attentive... Always there just when you need them... Doing things for you just before you thought of it yourself--it is practised efficiency and proper training by masters of the hotel industry. I have no doubt in my mind that Oberoi's run the best hotels in the world not because of their great properties and their attention to detail which is expected but because of their service and staff. I thank Aehsan at the front desk and Jijo at Le Jardine for their care and ever smiling faces.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sud26
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore this month.

We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.

Your kind words of appreciation for the team is truly inspirational for all of us. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward.

I have conveyed your compliments to Aeshan and Jijo for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We thank you once again for your support and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've stayed at the Oberoi, Bangalore, 5 times between 2013 and 2014, and just wound up a stay yesterday.

What I love about this hotel:
- The staff is incredibly nice and approachable. India is a very different country and westerners are naturally curious. The staff are very open to conversations. Even the chef's, all excellent, are approachable, and appear to enjoy engaging directly with the staff, and serving dishes off the menu.
- The staff anticipate needs. E.g. on my most recent stay, one of the maids detected that I was low on my own brand name of shampoo. This lovely girl provided me an 80 ML (i.e. TSA 3-1-1 friendly) bottle of the same brand, without charge, and left me a note.
- It is truly 5 star. To me, you cannot be 5 star unless you have 24 hour room service. Actually I think if there isn't 24 hour room service, that is as bad as camping in a tent. The 24 hour alcohol service is one that I have taken advantage of a few times. Not only does the Oberoi have 24 hour room service, but it includes 24 hour alcohol room service (unfortunately, alcohol service in the the most excellent bar stops at 10pm, officially).
- The staff remember you from stay to stay. One evening, after returning from the office, I strolled toward the bar, and my favorite bar tender met me at the entrance, addressed me by name, and welcomed me. It was as if the chief bell hop radioed her from the point I arrived at the entrance.
- Staff diversity. The hotel clearly believes in gender and ethnic diversity. There are lots of females in roles that in India are traditionally reserved for males, such as bartenders and chefs. Indeed, the manager of the hotel is a wonderful lady, Ms. Marshall, who've I've yet to meet in person, but nonetheless always has written a friendly welcome note for me in my room on the night I arrive. In addition, there are many staff from the North East states of India; a group of people that are often discriminated against. Staying at the Oberoi is a socially responsible choice that helps India and exposes guests to the amazing diversity of Indians.
- Low noise. The Oberoi is on MG road, which has become much busier since the tech explosion impacted Bangalore, and since before the Oberoi was built. The Oberoi design has each room face the street (MG Road) and the hotel garden (with a balcony). The noise of MG road was impacting guests all night, including beyond midnight. The hotel has competed noise proofing the street side to the point that it is impossible to hear street noise past midnight.
- Superb food quality. There is the Le Jardin, serving a combination of Indian and Continental, as well as Thai and Chinese restaurants. The Thai is an especially popular destination for locals. The bar also serves Indian and American typical bar food, appetizers and mains. It also has draft beer chilled well below Indian norms that are great for North American pallets. The bartenders like to engage the guests, especially those who sit at the bar. When 12,000 miles from home, it is nice to talk to people versus reading email on smart phones,
- Most three star and above hotel rooms in India have at least five different light circuits for bathroom, main room, desk, left night stand, and right night stand lights. It can be an ordeal to get these lights turned off while trying to get ready to sleep. The Oberoi has solved this problem, Each room has an iPad that controls the lightning and climate. There is an iPad charger at the TV console and on the night stand alarm clock (iHome).
- The rooms have a separate shower and oversized bath tab, and the bath room is large.
- The current situation with the Rupee devaluation means that the Oberoid can be easily booked for under $200 / night and closer to $100 / night.

The only complaints are:
- it is a bit far from Domlur district where Embassy Golf Links and other engineering sites near HAL air force base, and the golf course are located. But it never takes more than 30 minutes by can, and avoiding rush hour it is usually 15 minutes.
- the rooms are a bit small compared to other nearby hotels. True, but they all come with a balcony and large bathroom (and large shower).
- the neighborhood has locals that bother hotel guests who try to wander on foot from the hotel. A pity because there is some interesting shopping nearby. You won't be hassled walking around a Domlur hotel like the Royal Orchid or The Paul, but you won't have as nice an experience.

Room Tip: All good. 2nd floor or 5th floor. First floor rooms appear to be very high end that don't show u...
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you during your stays with us.

Thank you for taking time to share such a detailed and fantastic review on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

I have shared your compliments on our service with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team member in Housekeeping was also delighted to note your gracious comments.

We are grateful for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our rooms, facilities, and restaurants. It is also a pleasure to note your appreciation of the iPads which have been introduced in our entire accommodation. As you rightly mentioned, the intrusion of sound from M.G.Road is completely eliminated by the glass wall that we have fixed along the corridors leading to our guest rooms, thus ensuring a comfortable stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for your recognition and recommendation and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Huvida Marshall