“Wonderful hotel with an impressive quality of service”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 659 Hotels in Bengaluru
Napoli, Italia
“Wonderful hotel with an impressive quality of service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is wonderful, I defined it a paradise in a difficult city as Bangalore.
The quality of service is really impressive.
The food in the three available restaurants is really good and able to meet all types of tastes (but be ready to eat more spicy that in no other place in the world).
I was in a Luxury Room and it was really comfortable and kept really spotless by the housekeeping.
The fitness center is well equipped and the swimming pool is really nice.

1 Thank Luca C
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating our product, cuisine and facilities.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

I am delighted to note that you were impressed with the quality of our service. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation. The team in Housekeeping was also happy to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend and his family checked into The Oberoi for his annual vacation. They came after a year and were very excited for various reasons.
They got an opportunity to participate in a Harley Davidson contest. I’m told that The Oberoi Bangalore and Delhi are currently running this contest till August 31. Basically this is the funda: their stay has entitled them to a ticket, which allows them to participate in a contest. This eligibility holds for each new check in from April to August 31.
Each month, there will be opportunities to win exotic holidays in the award winning resort hotels. The grand finale during August end will see a winner each from Bangalore and New Delhi, take home a Harley Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle.
As Harley Davidson fans, they were thrilled to participate in the ongoing promo. There were other goodies in store. The Oberoi has just completed its second and final stage of renovating its 160 rooms. Last year, they were in a Luxury Room and this time they wanted to experience a Premier Room, which is the top end of the offering.
Cozy chairs allowed us to relax for brief moments till the lift arrived. We then stepped into the glass encased corridor, which is now carpeted. This gives the enclosure a plush feeling. And when we entered the Premier Room, the Wow factor was obvious there, but it was not over-the-top. My friend likes to check into The Oberoi because nothing is overdone, and yet, it packs in the five star mandates of luxury and privacy.
The room exuded a warm feeling, thanks to beige, dull gold and caramel tones contrasted with royal ink blue. This 415 sq feet room was particularly suited for my friend’s family. Kids were thrilled seeing a wooden walk in closet, which also allows them to keep things at the top. There’s also an electronic safe. I thought it was a clever use of space.
Then came a rather posh bathroom. While The Oberoi has retained the global standard of four fixtures like shower, bathtub, WC and water basin, this time my friend and their family was in for some indulgence. The shower cubicle also has a steam to offer.
‘Oberoi E’nhance’ is complete with tech features, which is common to the Deluxe, Luxury and Premier rooms. These include features like the multimedia hub, laptop plug in and data port. My friend got busy with the online multi-media hub and Wi-Fi connectivity, while the kids ordered finger food through the Oberoi E’nhance facility. They had already used it during their last visit.
My friend and family have loved every moment of their stay and I too took to it, in my own way.

Kavitha S

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kavithasriniv
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share such a delightful review on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your time and for such a detailed feedback on our product and also on the Harley Davidson contest, which as you rightly mentioned is being held at The Oberoi, New Delhi and The Oberoi, Bangalore.

This contest, besides giving an opportunity for all Harley Davidson enthusiasts to stand a chance of winning the ‘Fat Boy motorcycle’ in the grand finale also has wonderful opportunities each month to win exotic holidays in our acclaimed resort hotels .

It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services, facilities and products that our guests have come to expect from us and we are happy to receive your appreciation on the iPads which have been introduced in our renovated accommodation

We are grateful for the time taken to pen such a great review and look forward to welcoming your friend and his family back.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stepping into an Oberoi Hotel you certainly have great expectations. I'm glad to say like at most Oberoi properties my mind was once again blown by the quality of the property and the great levels of service.

The breakfast is great with all the normal Western and Indian choices that you could expect. The room service Indian food we ordered was sublime.

Location wise it is spot on, the MG Road area is by far my favorite are of Bangalore to stay. I love walking around and without a doubt MG Road is the best area to do this.

Looking forward to another great stay here later this year!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Albie H
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore last July. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore with the Trip Advisor community.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by us. Our greatest strength is our team and your recognition for them is heartening and our greatest reward.

I have also conveyed your compliments on our breakfast and In Room Dining to our chefs for whom it was a great source of inspiration.

The hotel which is centrally located in the heart of the city makes it the right choice to stay, be it on a business visit or a holiday get-away.

The team is happy to know that you would return to The Oberoi this year and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The oberoi bangalore has a unique advantage. Its right in the CBD of bangalore and offers unparalleled comfort and luxury for your stay. The rooms are nice and comfortable with all amenities required, the staff extremely courteous. Stepping into the rooms truly makes you feel special.

The breakfast buffet is great, however the food served on ordering room service can do with a little improvement. That doesnt take away the fact that its one of the best luxury hotels to stay at in bangalore.

3 Thank funkypratik
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage.

We are grateful for your positive review regarding our rooms and amenities. The team was also happy to read your compliments on our service. It is our endeavour to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay memorable and your appreciation is indeed rewarding.

Thank you for your suggestion for our chefs on the food from In Room Dining. Your feedback is precious to us and we do hope to surpass your expectations during your future stays with us.

The team and I look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

haryana, india
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Situated in the middle of the city at MG Road, The Oberoi Bangalore Is a business hotel With all the modern amenities And nice clean rooms with private balcony Overlooking the lash green gardens ,nice landscaping. We went there to Celebrate my mothers birthday. All the staff members were Very courteous and helpful. Everything in the room could be Controlled by an I-pad, the movies on television , The lighting in the room.we went there in last July but I still cherish those Memories. I Really hope that the hotel will be among the Top 10 hotels in India. We hope to receive the same kind of Services and hospitality in our future visits. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi, Bangalore to celebrate your mother’s birthday. We are indeed grateful for having an opportunity to be part of this celebration.

We are also grateful for the your time taken to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community It was a pleasure having your family and you stay with us at The Oberoi on your recent visit to Bangalore.

We are grateful for your kind words of praise on our rooms and ambiance. It is also a pleasure to note your appreciation of the iPads which have been introduced in our entire accommodation.

The Oberoi, with its convenient location in the centre of the city on M.G.Road, is close to the business, financial and shopping arcades of Bangalore, making it an ideal hotel both for a business traveller as well as for a family get-away.

We thank you for your wishes and assure you or our best services at all time.

Huvida Marshall

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just came back from Bangalore and this is definitely one of the best hotel I have stayed so far. The service is top notch, impeccable surrounding and the staff just made me feel most pampered!
I arrived in Bangalore late at night and by the time I reached hotel it was already midnight. I was impressed when I 1st stepped in, knowing I was very tired, instead of checking at the lobby, I was escorted to my room and had a breeze check in inside the room itself! Room size is not huge but it was definitely comfortable enough for business stay!
They served very good breakfast, with both international and local choices! The staff recommended local delights and was prepared based on order (included as part of buffet price)! Dosa, stuffed prata, Poori Bhaji... The North and the South Indian food, you name it! It was great! The only downside is the Thai restaurant where the food may not be up to what I expected. I am coming from the country just next to Thailand and I could taste that the food may not be that authentic enough (well at least to my taste bud). However, the superb service is undeniable. I could see that the hotel is trying to make the best for improvement and finding out what and why I didn't quite Luke about their Thai food. Having said that, it doesn't degrade my good impression on this hotel as it is truly more than a 5 Star service I have received. Oh, I have tried the in room dining service. I oedered Indian food and it was awesome!
I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I'm visiting Bangalore!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you found our service top notch and the staff made you feel most pampered.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation on our food. The chefs were happy that you enjoyed our North Indian and South Indian cuisine.

We are grateful to you for highlighting your expectation on our Thai food and sincerely do hope to live up to your expectations during your future stays with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Oberoi turned to be a great experience for me while visiting Bangalore in a business trip. This hotel has excellent accomodation, all recently renewed, three great restaurants and the area is surrounded by Nature. Great place to enjoy relaxing time after a full day of work. Nevertheless the personal service is outstanding,

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore last month and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to receive your positive review on our ambiance, renovated rooms, and restaurants.

Your recognition of our personalised service has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We thank you once again for your time and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the city of Bangalore and to The Oberoi.