“Superb hotel with perfect service”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb hotel with perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Service is rarely perfect. Usually you can find faults even among the best hotels and for those hotels with top service levels, it is often overbearing and can get in your way of your comfort. The Oberoi in Bangalore gets it just right: amazing high service quality but always understated and never in your way. Excellent desk staff, excellent cleaning staff, excellent waiters, excellent drivers, etc. The setting is beautiful, a small little paradise in the middle of city centre of Bangalore, and a beautiful building. The quality of the breakfast - especially when you order one of the cooked dishes - is unusually good.

Highly recommended!

1 Thank jelkink
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore last month and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to receive your positive review on our location, ambiance and food.

Your recognition of our service as ‘high quality’ has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We thank you for your time and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the city of Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best use of technology that I have ever seen in a hotel. Everything operates off an Ipad including movies on the tele, door cam, door lokc, lights, temperature, room service...

And the best part is that it integrates seamlessly with the human element. I ordered rogan josh, specified it was to be well-done and tender, and the suggestions that followed for breads and rice were most useful. I finished with tiramisu. It told me my order would be there in 25 minutes. Within 5 minutes of my placing the order, a call came to my room suggesting I order another dessert because the tiramisu had not turned out that great. So I switched to chocolate mousse.

The interesting thing is that when the food arrived (in 25 minutes) the server said that the roghan josh with "tender pieces, well done" was here. This means that they actually keep track of preferences and attempt to satisfy them. The seasoning could have been better but it was tender.

And lazy me did not have to get up to open the door. Ipad zindabad :)

The check-in process was brilliant - I walked up to the reception, my file was pulled out and he escorted me to my room to check-in. Yay! No sitting around in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in service excellence and it is our guests who are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality.

We are also happy to receive your positive review on the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms which have undergone a complete renovation.

We have made a note of your comments on our food and rooms and are grateful for this feedback.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

If Tom Peters was still searching for excellence (in service), he would not need to search any more than to show up at Oberoi hotel. Excellence in service, reall customer care and service, and the continuous desire to improve. A memorable experience. Spoke with waiter regarding the book, White Tiger, and at dinner the next night, the waiter presents me a gift of this book with nice bookmark. Amazing.

Dear Guest,

The team joins me in thanking you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore.

We sincerely appreciate your gracious comments that you have shared on TripAdvisor.

It gives us great pleasure to note that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations. Your compliments on our hospitality have been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Banagalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I had been to oberoi.Lagardin restaurant in Bangalore with my wife other day on occasion of her birthday. We where initially greeted with a big smile. Food was really good with big spread and great starters. Chefs where in touch with us taking our feedbacks and comments about the food. Would recommend this place highly for the quality of food and the guest relations. Thank you again. It was good experience.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Le Jardin to celebrate your wife’s birthday. The team and I are delighted to have been a part of this celebration.

All of us also thank you for taking time to share your dining experience and are grateful for your compliments.

I have shared your compliments with the concerned team members, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Our chefs were also pleased to read your gracious comments.

It is our constant endeavour to deliver our best and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

The team and I are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for Le Jardin and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming your wife and you back and experience our other restaurants as well.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The rooms are perfect blend of tradition with technology; iPad controlled automation system in the room was a hit with me from the moment I entered. Generous size, overlooking the beautiful natural (looking) landscape gave a feeling of oasis amidst the chaotic traffic of Bangalore. Well equipped gym brought a nice worn down end to the day's work. Bathrooms have built-in steam that saved a trip from the shared steam/sauna in the spa but not an easy choice. And you can your business while watching TV :).

The biggest problem with an Oberoi property... they set standards so high that even the slightest of faux pas stands out glaringly. I had a minor issue in pace of service from housekeeping which would have spoilt what otherwise was going to be a perfect day…but the staff saved nine just in time and was done in Oberoi style. Highly recommended if you are willing to pay the price!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

We thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in service excellence and it is our guests who are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality.

We are also happy to receive your positive review on the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms which have undergone a complete renovation and also on our fitness centre, which is equipped with state-of-the art equipment.

Please do accept my apologies on behalf of the Housekeeping team for the inconvenience caused.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Upon arrival at the Oberoi Bangalore Hotel, we were greeted with a reception that far exceeded our expectations.Continually very receptive to our ideas. Constantly greeted with smiling faces. The staff always helpful and accomidating. I have traveled to many places in the world but never felt this welcoming hospitality.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to indulge in a beautiful Oasis that far exceeded my expectations as far as staff, splendour of hotel,and beautiful smiling faces that brighten our day! Thank you. L.V.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives us great pleasure to note that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations. Your compliments on our hospitality has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Speyer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed three nights there and we enjoyed Bangalore and the Oberoi so much. The hotel is a perfect place to relax after exploring the city. We had dinner in the Tai-Restaurant which we can recommend.

Only one thing we do not understand: That a modern 5 star (business) hotel charges for internet after half an hour of free surfing. And they charge a lot ... This is oldfashioned and did not fit to a world, where everybody is connected; free wifi for the guests is a must offer for modern hotels.

All in all, the Oberoi Bangalore was one of the best 5 star hotels we ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank digitaletiefe_com
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to note that you found The Oberoi, Bangalore one of the best Five stars hotels and would like to thank you for this generous compliment.

We are also happy to note that you enjoyed your dining experience at Rim Naam, our Thai restaurant.

Please may I request you to contact me directly whenever you travel to Bangalore next. It would be my pleasure to extend you a rate that includes internet.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.