“Brilliant hotel .”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great hospitality . Reached hotel at 6:00 pm and duty manager was too good , he got all the equipments for very convenient check in . Food was excellent . Hotel ambience was great . Well disciplined staff . Even the chef was ready to help me when my door got locked irrespective of whose ever duty it was . Looking forward to visit again .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

We thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our product and facilities.

I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

In Bangalore, if I could be of any assistance please do let me know.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi, Bengaluru

Reviewed 3 July 2014

On my last visit to The Oberoi, I had just returned from a gruelling conference outside of Bangalore. This was like walking into a heavenly setting! The whole friendliness of the staff, the quality of the room and the food & beverage outlets was magic. The spa was also a special treat to be had! I had only 36 hours in the hotel this time, but I thoroughly relaxed and recouperated.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how different the rooms are. From my experience all are excellent in terms of ambie...

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing time and posting a review on TripAdvisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.

We are grateful for your compliments of our rooms, restaurants, spa and for the team. Your review has been shared with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

My team and I do hope that the next time you visit us it is for a longer stay.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved my entire stay with the hotel. From lobby, restaurants, rooms and recreation everything was just awesome. I forgot the name but even though the Manger of the buffet restaurant was very pleasing and professional. This was found in almost all the staffs.Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. Your time and praise is precious for us.

We sincerely appreciate your positive review of our hotel and are delighted that you loved your entire stay at the hotel.

I have shared your gracious comments with the team, including our Restaurant Manager - Yuv, who were happy to note your compliments.

We thank you for your recommendation and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoyed very well with my recent stay in this hotel. The staffs were very helpful and guided me lot in different things, they really went out of their way to make me comfortable as I was having the terrible lumbar prolapse hitting my back. The room service and the room was very neat. I like the overall experience with the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We hope you are well now.

Thank you for taking time to share your compliments with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to note that you were happy with your overall experience and that you found our team helpful. It is our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality and compliments from our guests is a great source of encouragement.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I has been positively surprised of my first experience staying in the Oberoi hotel. From the check in until the support received in the airport when I left Bangalore, the staff members were always beyond my expectations. Congratulations to you all for make this a great experience. My special recognition to Mr Shaik Mohammed Yasheer for his kindly support in the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have conveyed your generous comments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration for the team. Yasheer was also delighted to note your kind words of appreciation.

The team and I look forward to having many more opportunities of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice. On both occasions, the staff went above and beyond my expectations to provide impeccable service! During one of my stays, the airline lost my luggage, and when it arrived in Bangalore, failed to deliver it to the hotel in advance of my departure. The hotel representative obtained my bag personally from the airport and delivered it to the hotel so that I could travel home with it. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in Bangalore!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for the your time taken to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community .

We also thank you for your kind words of praise for the team. Your compliments have been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Your generous indication of our performance will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bangalore.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travel a lot with work and get to stay in some great places. However, you need to stay here for yourself to believe the level of service, it truly sits head and shoulders above the best.

This is great hotel, built around a beautiful garden, well situated on MG Road with wonderful food (international and Indian), and well appointed rooms. However, the truly impressive aspect of this hotel is the service. Across all departments there is a real desire to delight the guest. Staff, at all levels; actively identify your preferences and then go on to customise your experience. They have a genuine desire to ensure you have the greatest possible stay at their hotel and it works. I enjoy staying here, I have come back many times, I encourage colleagues to do the same and now I am sharing my experiences on Tripadvisor.

Rooms over look the garden and most also look over the pool, they have nice touches in them such as an iPad control system and eSpresso coffee machine. The servicing of the rooms is first rate with staff noticing such things as my preference for decaffeinated coffee, leaving additional mangoes in my fruit bowl and machine drying & folding self washed items of clothing that were air drying on the chairs on my balcony. I have found that WiFi and Internet connections are good and reliable in the room and throughout the hotel. I have successfully used Skype in the Polo Club and Spotify by the pool. The power sockets in the room are plentiful and most seem to take an international range of plugs types – my UK plugs definitely work. Room noise despite being in downtown Bangalore is nil.

Le Jardin restaurant is great. I have to admit I love this restaurant. The breakfast provides a great variety of food, both international and local, with a mix of buffet and dishes on request. Definitely worth trying are the Masala Dosa, French Toast and South Indian Coffee. I tend to eat Indian food while in India and the evening menu has a great range of very well prepared Indian dishes. However the range of food includes many international options. On Tuesday and Thursday nights the restaurant offers an Indian buffet, this is a truly fantastic way to sample dishes from all over India and explodes the myth that Indian food is all about curry. The buffet also includes local; salads, soups, kebabs, breads, street food and desserts. And of course curries. As most Indians are vegetarians non meat dishes are well represented. You will often see local Bangaloreans in the restaurant which I take as a good sign regarding the authenticity of the food. Service is exceptional and is provided by waiters and kitchen staff. If you have an interest in food the waiters and chefs are on hand to indulge, they willingly share their expertise and if you really like a dish they will supply the recipe. They have even helped me to source ingredients I needed to cook at home and provided advice over email.

The room service menu is extensive and the food arrives prompt and hot. Many of the dishes are served in the same way as the restaurant. The only differece is that you are in your room.

The pool is located in the garden and lined with palm trees, it is an easy place to forget you are in the middle of Bangalore. Again the complimentary welcome fruit kebab, water, cold towel and sun screen cream are lovely touches.

The gym is well equipped and access to equipment even at busy times has never been a problem for me. I have not use the spa treatments which are on offer but the Spa staff have always taken excellent care of me.

The Polo Bar sits on the edge of the garden with a mixture of indoor and outdoor seating. This is a very civilised place to sit and relax listening to the local birds while overlooking the lawn, ponds and tropical trees. It also serves snacks and has a substantial bar food menu. Unfortunately for fans of outdoor dining it does not serve breakfast. There are two other restaurants, serving Chinese and Thai food, both are highly rated but I have not used them.

In conclusion, I have stayed here for 60+ nights, during multiple stays over 6 years, I have also stayed in other similar hotels in Bangalore, but this is the one I keep returning to. The reasons are; the staff, the consistently high level of service, the food and the relaxed ambiance in beautiful surroundings.

Note for Oberoi Management: Staff who consistently delighted me on my recent stay – Le Jardin; Deepak, Divish & Armstrong, Chefs; Tanisha, Nimisha, Amit and Santosh, Housekeeping Singar and the team on 2nd Floor. These guys are real assets to the Oberoi chain. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you prefer an bright room highlight that preference as a small number of rooms are located in the...
2  Thank Mark J

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and also for the time taken to pen such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

We are delighted to read your fantastic comments and sincerely thank you for your positive review and your kind words of praise for product, services and facilities. It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the expectations that our guests have come to expect from.

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful words for the team. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I have conveyed your gracious compliments to Nimisha, Tanisha, Armstrong, Deepak, Divesh Santosh and Singaravelan who were happy to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Bangalore and look forward to welcoming you back.

In Bangalore, if I could be of any assistance, please do feel free to contact me.