“Excellent service hotel in Bangalore”

Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
Ranked #35 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent service hotel in Bangalore”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel stands out impressively as one of the best service orientated hotel that we have stayed in. Within minutes of our arrival, almost every staffer knew us by our names. How nice. With our luggage and rooms taken of, we settled for lunch. On enquiring on the different food options, the waiter arranged for a chef (Chef Thomas) to come and discuss how we would prefer our food and the type of spicing. Great service allround. This hotel deserves all the accolades and the location is perfect.Great place to stay for pleasure and business.Internet charges are reasonable and we had no regrets and will return to this hotel next time in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Any room would do.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Golfnut5472

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 February 2012

After being disappointed with the hotel we first booked for Bangalore we went into an internet cafe and booked 3 nights at the Vivanta by Taj, MG Road.
The hotel is at MG Road with the new Metro running right past it. So you are in the heart of Bangalore.
We packed our staff and arrived 2 hours before usual check in time. Nevertheless, we were greated warmly, everything we put into our online booking was checked again for accuracy and while our passports were scanned we were served fresh juice and candy at the front desk. From then on our stay was pure pampering.
We got the separate beds that we asked for and the room was big enough for us. There was a comfy big armchair with an extra foot stool, a desk with chair and enough room to walk around. A small balcony is attached to every room in this hotel. The room was cleaned twice a day and we were provided with plenty of bottled water and cookies throughout the day.Tea supply in the room was also refilled. Even though our room faced the street, the windows sealed the noice very nicely and curtains were thick enough to darken the room completely.
The bathroom was not big but sufficient, clean and up to date. The shower itself was rather big with two adjustable shower heads.
Breakfast is plentyful, both western and asian style including a pan cake station and a bar when you can pick from fresh vegetable and fruit to have your own fresh juice made for you. When you order scrambled eggs you can go to your table and they will bring you everything once it's done. Staff is very attentive but humble at the same time. I was having a bad cold and one of the servers noticed my soar througt when I asked for something else. He actually asked if he could prepare a hot brew of fresh ginger and honey for me. It really helped.

I can't point out enough the service-orientaton of the staff. They even arranged for a incredible chocolate birthday cake and flowers for the friend I was traveling with when I asked if that was possible - without charging it to our room bill.

The reasons for not giving 5 out of 5 points are these:
Internet access is available but pretty expensive. Seeing as how the room rates are not modest themselved, I was surprised that you have to pay extra.
When we asked for a taxi to the airport they were happy to provide one but the rate they were gonna charge was 50% higher than what I ended up paying for the taxi a friend organized for me.
The bar and restaurants in the hotel are very expensive. Unfortunately, service in the bar was disappointing and they did not offer non-alcoholic cocktails
They have a pool but I did not use it. It is clean and well maintained but it is literally 5 m away from MG road, only separated by a wall and trees. So you have the noise all the time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stay for 10 days on a business travel. Locationis great since it provide very good and fast acecc to Airport road combined with being centraly located with walking acess to the center streets.. The rooms are comfort very well maintained. The Staff was in its best in all places and all aspects. realy a great service. The food is very tasety, well cooked and very good variety (especially important when you stay for almost 2 weeks in a hotel). Only drawback I found is the need to pay for internet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Maharashtra
Reviewed 29 January 2012

As usual this was another 1-night stay. And it makes me wonder what else can hotels do to make a 12 or 8 hour stay more memorable – best beds, prompt service, wide breakfast, quick-n-fast wireless, gym. I think they already have it covered – or have they? As expected this stay was characterized by prompt service, good rooms, and the like. Nothing to complain about. But what I found for the first time - was the idea of a half-meal in the room-service menu. Most of business folks who spend majority of their traveling time on road have varied eating times and quantities. In this case you can order a half-meal (which had adequate spread though of course a bit less than the usual menu). I found this very proper as I checked-in late n was not feeling completely hungry or completely empty. I find this idea as innovative as ITC (and I think also Oberoi) offering take-away packaged breakfast items. So this idea is quite good. I ordered a Risotto which was very good and the top-up was the fine quality bread portions that accompanied it. The hotel also graciously offered a complimentary dessert portion (though I wonder why!) which was good. Else everything was as fine as it should be at the Taj!.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
coimbatore
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Good location, excellent staff and service. We stayed for new years 2011-12 and had a very pleasant stay. Food quality was good and the staff was very helpful. Overall i would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed for two weeks in November 2011. I used the hotel cars for city and day trips. One such day trip incurred a $320 charge.

The hotel was nice and the food was very good. If my company has me stay again I will definitely use another hotel's or independent car service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed here for one night in January on business. The hotel location is brilliant as it is right on MG road.

The hotel lobby is impressive however the bedrooms are a little tired and showing their age.

I stayed in a delux delight room which had a king size bed and a steam room in the bathroom. Everything in the room was extremely clean however they are a little worn.

The hotel gym was excellent and a had a great choice of equipment and some very modern treadmills.

We ate at the kitchen counter in the restaurant and had a fantastic meal with every course recommended by the head chef. Watching him prepare and cook the meal was a great experience and I would highly recommend a visit.

Overall a good hotel however the rooms could really do with being upgraded.

• Stayed January 2012