“Great place if in the city”

Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
Ranked #35 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
West Yorkshire, UK
“Great place if in the city”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I decided to stay here as I was forced due to availability of airline seats stay in Bangalore for the weekend. I work from Whitefield, there are hotels there, but nothing to do when on your own for a weekend. Taj is perfect if you want to get out and see Bangalore. It is right on MG road and an easy walk to the centre for all the shops etc. Marks and Spencer have a store 10 meters from the hotel! Pool area is not what you would expect in the Ned, but for Bangalore centre, ok. Rooms are getting a little dated but fine. If yiou need to be in the centre, try the Taj

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
ranchi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Never forget this place in my life..., I and my collegues from Bangalore International Airport went to this hotel for Real Estate Demand Assessment survey, we spent our time for 2 days with about 7 consultants of real estate all over the world.

that was an amazing experiance to see the facilities available at a reasonable rate and on the second day, we had a lunch in the beach, which was fantastic experiance, as we got any enjoyment during working hours at such a place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

One of the best hotels from Taj Group in Southern India. Awesome food, very friendly staff, great ambience. the hotel is located in the heart of the city and is not very far away from the airport. Great place to stay in, if you are on a bussiness trip to Bengaluru.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nishant D
Delhi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great location. bang in the center of the old world Bangalore! If you find the ambiance a bit stiff...move to the happening place Brigade road nearby and share a drink in a moddish pub or shake a leg at the many happy joints! This is a notch better than the Pune Vivanta in size. But impeccable service levels. Sadly no cookies and fruits platter in my room while my companion had it all.. the location of the pool is weird, almost at the lobby. I went down for a swim but retraced my steps when I found it was more of a aquarium, with visitors at the receptions peering in and diners at the coffee shop almost dangling their legs in while eating! Rooms are really small compared to the 5 stars I've stayed in but tastefully done.. no frill here

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bangalore
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I am going to try and make this short and probably in bullet points.
I stayed here with my mum for just 3 nights.
Keeping the fact in mind, nothing at all was uncomfortable for her or me whilst our stay here.
From top to bottom, the best stay I've had in Bengaluru.
The most courteous and helpful staff.
brilliant food.
Only once they didn't have something i wanted, but went out of their way to provide me an alternative, which itself was impressive.
Once, I had just a dish from the buffet and charged me just for that instead of the whole thing. it's not about the money - it's the gesture.
Similarly, for the arrangements made for my Day-trip to Mysore.
What I also liked was, as a guest of the Taj, even at the most busiest night on Friday at the bar, i was given preference.
If you're a first time visitor or even been here before and want tips on what's to do around, just ask the help desk and you'll be sorted.
Note : the hotel taxis, like anywhere in the world are more expensive than usual mode of transport of the city, but that's really up to you.
Just one thing that actually gave me a bit of grief - the bed. It was too soft for my liking. But that's just me as I am used to sleeping on bit harder mattresses.
I could go on about a lot of things. The hotel is exactly what a 5-star would and should offer and a bit more. It's all worth the money.
Next time in Bengaluru, will definitely stay here. Also, recommend it to all who's budget it would fall under.
Cheers !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

India
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This beautiful hotel is in the center of the city and has an amazingly helpful staff,which will always greet you with a beautiful warm smile...The hotel is actually centrally located and beautifully built!!! My husband had to get a birthday arrangement done for me and these guys helped him out fully with every little detail.. Will definitely visit during my next visit to Bangalore!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Delhi
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My first stay at the MG Road Taj, and I was pleasantly surprised by the service extended, which is genuinely better than many other Vivanta properties. The staff knew me by name (and my company name) when I got there, which was kind of surprising. Odd requests like cotton (cut my hand!) in the middle of night were met in no time, and the staff was super courteous. The hotel is a bit on the pricey side (Oberoi next door is pricier but a notch above) esp on the food and stuff like WiFi, so on a value for money basis definitely not my top choice in Bangalore (also because the approach road is FULL of traffic in evenings and takes forever to get in, bang in the center of the city as it is), but I still liked what I got. Overslept and missed breakfast though, so that will have to wait till next time, but other amenities are quite good and does not leave you disappointed on any count.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy