“Well located hotel but ..”

Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
Ranked #34 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hong Kong
“Well located hotel but ..”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Hotel is centrally located and in between meetings, we decided to have lunch here. We choose it specifically because of its reputation. We had the lunch buffet and the food was good. However when we tried to settle the bill, they restaurant cashier kept returning to say that my credit card was declined. I gave other credit cards and also received the same response. My colleague tried using his and it was also returned as declined. In the end, we paid with cash. However, after we left, we called our respective credit card issuing bank, there was no problem with our credit cards. In the evening, we had drinks at JW Marriott and had no problems with our respective credit cards.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
Pavia, Italy
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and the people at the front desk is fantastic. The management is the problem...I left "do not diaturb" on the door of my room and people went in, when I was out for dinner, in order to bring the wellcome drink. When I went back to my room I have found my bag open and 300 Euro less in my wallet. I have discussed with the duty manager etc and they have not been able to support me....only a lot of we will let you know....they have checked the room key and only one person went in. No comment. Sometimes it's better to receive at least a proposal...no we will let you know...
Do not visit the hotel also if the structure is nice and clean.

2 Thank Lorenzo D
USA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel is located at a very convenient location on MG Road close to all the business, shopping and pubs. The hotel has excellent service and a very good buffet. The hotel has also got an excellent chinese restaurant and service is very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed at both the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai and the Vivanta by Taj- MG Road in Bangalore. I have put these two hotels as joint equal for my favourite ever stay at a hotel, as I stayed at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, which was the best experience I had ever had in a hotel, with it's marvellous decor, facilities, charming staff, exquisite level of service, hospitality and attention to detail of the like I had not previously experienced. Having now stayed at Vivanta by Taj, MG Road, Bangalore, I have to rate my experience here equally as highly.
While the Vivanta by Taj's architecture is not the same magnitude as it's Mumbai cousin, which is an impossibility, the hotel has a more intimate feel, which is very refreshing, the facilities are outstanding and the crowning jewel of this hotel are it's staff, who are some of the finest professionals in the hospitality industry that I have come across. The level of care and attention I received here was extraordinary, from the greetings of the door staff, to the front desk, reception, room, cafe, cocktail bar and restaurant. I don't think I've ever been better looked after or felt more welcome in my life, from the casual ambience and wonderful service at the poolside cafe Mosaic to the delicious, modern European cuisine at Graze with every level of attention from The Captain and Chef at Graze restaurant, chef's delicious food beautifully delivered in Royal standards, the wonderful front desk staff and concierge, and in particular the front office manager Nazim, who's standards of excellence in making me welcome and who went above and beyond with anything I required assistance with, made this a flawless experience. The only downside is that from now, I believe everywhere else I stay from here on will pale in comparison to this experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Vinod V, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay at Vivanta by Taj – M G Road, Bangalore. I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

I have personally conveyed your appreciation to Nazim and acknowledged his effort in an appropriate forum.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Vivanta by Taj,M G Road Bangalore again on your next visit to Bangalore
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I know what a tired hotel looks like. It looks like this one. The elevators are from the 70's and you fear they give up service with you in it. The rooms are smelly, the bed was literally damp when I got in and it took an hour to dry out. The furniture in the rooms looks at least 20 years old. The bathrooms just scrape by the 1980's test (at least no curtains) but the towels have been on waay too many backs. The garden/pool area outside still has a nice feel but that's about it. Don't book here you feel totally cheated even if it's not your own cash.

1 Thank Michel V
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The team at Taj M G Road, be it Gate Keeper to Front office Managers, every one is so friendly, you feel at home. I had been at many Taj properties, but none can compare with Taj M G Road, Bangalore, for their service!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shaiju_t
Vinod V, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I have personally conveyed your appreciation to entire my team and acknowledged their effort in an appropriate forum.

Do let me know of your future travel plans and it will be my pleasure to welcome you back to Vivanta by Taj – M G Road Bangalore.

Warm Regards,

Bangalore 560 001 Karnataka, India
www.vivantabytaj.com
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 October 2013

arrived late at night and the check in was quick and without any issues. the room is nice, clean and comfortable but my room was noisy. the wifi was OK in general but had some connectivity issues.
the hotel staff was helpful and provided high level of service.
Breakfast was very good and the memories of china was fine.

Room Tip: Room 506 was noisy. 5th floor is smoke free (i'm not sure if this is the only floor)