“Service and ambiance - brilliant”

Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
Ranked #36 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Vivanta line from Taj has a earthly feel to it. From the signature fragrance to the room decor its connected to nature. Love the fresh flowers and the sleep quality is awesome. Great location if you are in town for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PBofc
Vinod V, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your compliments.

I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj M G Road, Bangalore again on your next visit to Bangalore

Telephone: +91 80 6660 4444

Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We live in Bangalore and booked to eat at Graze for Valentine's Day dinner. I didn't know what to expect so was bowled over by the superb food. Each course was accompanied by it's own wine. The food is modern European. Fantastic, tasty, beautifully presented. We loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatSibbit

Dear Guest,

I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable Valentine Day experience at the Graze Restaurant and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Checked in on the night of 17.01.14, after a long drive from Tamil Nadu. Being a weekend the hotel was teeming with people and the discotheque was running full swing. The check in was smooth and the staff very friendly and efficient in spite of the noise.

We were given a room on the 8th floor away from the melee. The room though compact was well laid out with a proper work table and chair. There is a balcony which give a very good view of the surroundings, but its a little risky if you have a kid along. The plant kept on the balcony really needed tending. The bathroom is quite okay.

The room service guys are prompt and efficient. Breakfast menu was quite impressive. We had dinner the next night at Memories of China, the well known chinese restaurant. The Peking duck was really tasty and the presentation impressed us with the Chief chef going out of the way interacting with us.

THe overall stay was enjoyable due to the friendly staff and the location.

Room Tip: The hotel is a little noisy on weekends. Try not to get rooms facing the metro line.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FranklinRalte

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed at the Vivanta for 1 night. Not as charming as other Taj hotels. Service staff was really good. We waited too long for our food in the European restaurant. Located in city center. Expensive. Rooms as small as expected for a city hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrancoisFels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your comment.

We have taken a note of your feedback regarding your experience during your last visit to the hotel and shared it with our team for necessary improvements

Fax: +91 80 6661 4444
Website: Vivanta by Taj

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Vivanta by Taj - MG Road for 2 nights, last week Friday 21/02/2014 and Saturday 22/02/2014.

The quality of the Taj Group hotels are well displayed here. I have previously stayed at a few Taj Hotels including the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai and will rate this hotel as an excellent choice for anyone wanting to chose a central location.

From check-in to check-out, the experiences and service was top draw.The lady who handled my check-in was so professional and helpful. She gave me all the required information in a well presented manner which made the process easier.

The rooms, well maybe a touch on the older side, however, the fixtures and fittings, including baths and toilets, bar fridge, television, etc was a strong 8 out of 10.

Room service, as expected by the Group, was simply exceptional.

Food, well, Café Mozaic was my preferred choice as the cuisine offered was fantastic. The visitor and traveller must try the midnight buffet.
Special mention must be made to Uncle Parameshwar who made my trips for breakast and supper a special one. He comes with more than 25 years experience in the hotel and shared some wonderful history with us.

ICE Bar - for the younger group this could be an ideal hangout with the music and drinks flowing the entire night - this seems to be the hip place to be in Bangalore.

The location is ideal for business however even if its just a break, it will be a perfect spot.

All in all, fabulous stay and i will stay again for certain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2014

All in all, this hotel was good, but there are a couple things that dropped my rating. The personal service was great; the concierge desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean, and the pool area was very pleasant to sit and have a drink. Reddappa and Pooja, in particular, provided really excellent service. The location is great, with restaurants and a mall across the street (if you need some western-style shopping).

The problem came in that both times I've stayed there, they've had huge, very loud parties in the pool area, complete with large speakers blaring music. Both of the parties were so loud that I had to turn up my TV volume in my room on the 6th and 7th floors, and sleep was very difficult. Even with the windows closed and the drapes drawn...the pool party was too loud to make staying in my room pleasant. Both evenings, I went out just to get away from the boom-boom tsh-tsh boom boom. Fortunately, the parties ended around 2230, but for a business hotel with international travelers (who are generally jet-lagged), this is simply too late. If I stay there again, I will definitely ask for a room on the other side of the hotel; better yet, the hotel could forgo the blaring music after, say 2000, thus establishing themselves as a real business hotel. I told the desk person this when I checked out the second time, and in the only example I have of less-than-ideal service, she said, "Yes of course sir I totally understand your concern" and then I'm confident she just promptly forgot about it. She certainly didn't really seem like she understood.

The other thing that dings the hotel (although they're by no means unique on this) is that their airport ride is faaaar more expensive than a regular A/C cab. If you're arriving at BLR, just take an airport cab (the hotel is known and cabbies will find it) and then have the hotel call you an A/C cab to get out to the airport. Don't bother with their hotel-hired car.

All in all, I would stay there again, but I'd ask about the pool area schedule and choose a room accordingly.

Room Tip: Ask whether they're having any pool parties; if yes, get a room on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Fax: +91 80 6661 4444
Website: Vivanta by Taj

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Would I stay here again? If it was a short business trip yes that had a requirement to be near Trinity Circle, then yes. However, after seeing almost all of Bangalore on a 14 day stay, I would say stay close to where you have to be - most of the surrounding areas have hotels close by. Traffic is punishing and takes a toll on you, and it isn't even as bad as Mumbai or Delhi!! Bangalore is very unwalkable city, in my opinion, and I have walked everywhere I have been.

14 nights in this hotel, and the service was 5 star every day. The staff were very helpful from the second you walked in until the time you left. The concierges were helpful in arranging reasonably priced and reliable transportation, the spa was excellent, and the location is rather central to Bangalore. Everybody at this hotel was very friendly, always smiling, and gave you the most welcoming feeling every time. The Tata group knows how to handle customer service. The bed was kind of stiff, the bathroom was nice, and the laundry service was great.

So what did I find wrong with the hotel? The first is the location. The traffic on MG Road is never ending. If you stay in the even number rooms, you will hear traffic. I moved after night 1 to the opposite side. I still had traffic noise, though not as bad, but the club in the hotel was hopping on the weekend until at 11:30pm. Good luck trying to sleep. The food was good, but was never really changed out - it was the same every day.

While I was sick most of the time, the doctor that was called in was very nice. Everybody asked how I was feeling. I filled out comment cards when I could as I know the workers care that you recognize a job well done. If I could give seven stars out of five stars for effort and friendliness, I would.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room, those don't face M G Road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business