“Great Location.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 642 Hotels in Bengaluru
kerala
“Great Location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Went to Bangalore to watch the final one dayer between India and Australia.Arrived at the Hotel before 10 am and room was provided for early check in.Hotel was only 15 minutes away from the Chinnaswamy Stadium and that was a huge plus for me. Rooms are standard sized and it has all amenities we want. Bath room is small in size but adequate. The room didn't have any view as such but i was least bothered about it.Breakfast restaurant is of about 35 covers and the food served was good.I also tried their popular Karavalli restaurant and the ambience here is superb with few outdoor seating.It's not a typical Taj Hotel but has a very boutique feel about it. All in all, my stay here went with out even a tiny hitch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Vinvid,

We thank you for choosing to stay at Gateway Hotel and also for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and I appreciate your positive feedback on rooms that are as comfortable with all amenities available. I am pleased to inform you that we have choice of room views – city and swimming pool view, and we will ensure that upon your next visit, room will be allotted as per your preferred view.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding breakfast at our GAD Restaurant and ambience at our south west coastal cuisine restaurant - Karavalli you experienced was superb.

We are happy that you, as many other guests at the hotel find the city centre location a huge plus.

We thank you once again for your high recommendation of our hotel and look forward to the pleasure of seeing you at the hotel in the near future.

Albert Rebello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel has been renovated recently and now has very comfortable rooms. The food is super and the breakfast here is one of the best I have had, with enough gluten free options. The hotel is centrally located near brigade road and residency road junction. Plenty of shopping options near by. The restaurant which serves kerala cuisine is a real gem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Kay Mystic,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay in Bangalore and for posting such a marvelous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that your stay was excellent and you liked every aspect of the hotel that is, you found our rooms were comfortable, breakfast spread at our GAD Restaurant and food at our south west coastal cuisine restaurant - Karavalli you experienced was superlative. It is guests like you who encourage us to strive for continued excellence and to raise the bar continuously.

I am happy to hear that you were delighted about our great location which is just a few steps away from Shopping Malls, Restaurants, Sapna Book House and the new Bangalore metro station.

We hope to remain your favourite hotel at Bangalore and look forward to your next visit.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Was on a business trip to the garden city. Nice comfortable rooms, quite well done. Though the view was not great but that is okay. Conveniently located to my place of work so did not have to trudge through the terrible Banglore traffic except while going to the airport. The coffee shop was good and served an excellent breakfast. The pricing was good. The dinner at the open air restaurant was just amazing. Would surely stay here again when I travel to Banglore in December.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Parul M,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Bangalore and for posting a positive review on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you liked every aspect of the hotel. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding breakfast spread at our GAD Restaurant, food and ambience at our south west coastal cuisine restaurant - Karavalli you experienced was amazing.

We have made a note of your choice of room view and we will ensure that upon your next visit room will be allotted as per your preferred view (city / pool view).

It gives me immense pleasure to share with you that Glam Media worldwide announces that our ‘Karavalli Restaurant’ has been selected as one of the World Top 100 Restaurants in their present edition of the Foodie Top 100 Restaurants Worldwide Guide Book. We are extremely proud of this achievement and seek your support to sustain this achievement and take it up to the next level.

Fox River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is an excellent place to stay and its in a great location, They have great food and the staff is always on top of everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Bangalore. If yo dont want to eat at the hotel, there are many places close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick Z
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Nick Z,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Bangalore and for posting an excellent review on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed a pleasure to hear that you had an excellent stay.

I am thankful to see that you found our food and service was great and you were impressed about our location. Your generous appreciation to all our Associates for their care and consideration has been passed on to them.

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights, after coming from Hosur where I was on a business trip, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. From the moment me and my collegue arrived, were greated with smiles and friendleness from all the staff; waiters, receptionists and security guards (Including the head security man who was very nice and helpful).

I had a nice view of the pool from my room and overall it was very plesant. The restraunt and bar was enjoyable. We had very nice meals there and the staff and chefs were a great laugh. They even let us put on the chefs hats and outfit, and make some Traditional Indian food which involved turning batter mix into boiling vegatable oil and then dipping into sugar surup when cooked.

We also ended up playing guitar and singing when the inhouse singer/dj came down to our table to ask for any requests. He was very friendly as were the managers, and all we met while in Gateway hotel, Bangalore. A*

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor with a pool view, it also gives a nice view of the surrounding city.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

We are really glad to see that you had a great stay and happy with all the facilities available at the hotel.

Nice to hear, that you were delighted about our Chefs Hat Concept. On a regular basis we conduct a ‘Chef’s Hat’ a cookery session at our Restaurant, GAD wherein we invite the in-house guests to co create with our chefs and I thank you for your feedback on this.

Your compliments to all our Associates at the hotel have been conveyed, and thank you for acknowledging their efforts. All of us at the hotel take pride in going that extra mile to create guest delight in each of our interactions.

We hope to remain your Favourite hotel at Bangalore and look forward to your next visit.

Faridabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

While in Bangalore, I had tried almost all Taj Properties except the Gateway Hotel which luckily I got to experience recently. It was a 2 night business trip. To be honest, the first experience was not so overwhelming as say Taj Westend, but it had its own charm. It is a comparatively smaller property but ideally located with excellent service. The room was very good and everything was spick and span. The staff was very courteous and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay over there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Rajshaily,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your recent stay in Bangalore and for posting a positive review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and I appreciate your positive feedback on rooms and everything was spick and span.

I am thankful to hear that you found our service was great and you were impressed about our location. Your generous appreciation to all our Associates for their care and consideration has been passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel to visit if you enjoy a good feed. 3 fantastic restaurants on site and great room service too. The room is large with a king size bed and good fittings throughout, it's also impeccably clean. The staff are numerous and always on hand with a cheery smile. I've not yet had chance to explore the local area due to work commitments but am very impressed so far!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike M
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Mike,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your recent stay in Bangalore and for posting such a marvelous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that your stay was excellent and you liked every aspect of the hotel that is, you found our rooms were large with king size bed and latest fixtures, fittings, etc.

I am thankful to hear that you found our food was great and you were impressed about our Restaurants and location.

Thank you for your compliments to all our Associates at the hotel. It is guests like you who encourage us to strive for continued excellence and to raise the bar continuously.