“Please avoid this resort”

Golden Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #137 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were a group of around 25 people for a 'Day out' plan.
BE CAREFUL when you are enter the resort as vehicular movement is on the right hand side.
Breakfast was good, with lot of varieties which was the only good thing. Lunch had decent spread but not tasty and desert section did not have ice cream. service is also bad, I was fed asking water and later I had to help myself.
Swimming pool was the worst part of the resort . I fractured my toe as I slipped due formation of 'green algae' and hit a broken tile. Though the water was shallow, we couldn't see the floor of the pool.
shower room were not at all maintained, leaking taps and blocked drainage pipes and slippery floor. I had a sports jersey and had a argument with the care taker who thinks it's cotton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank MrPrabhu
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am distressed to note that we were unable to provide you with a memorable experience and offer my sincere apologies for the lapse. At The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.

Please do give us another opportunity as I am confident you will have a brilliant stay with us. Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We checked in the hotel by around 10.30 AM. The resort is away from the city which is one of the main advantage. they have lot of area which is suitable for team building activities and the game room is also awesome. and the best thing was the swimming pool which is one of the biggest one I have ever seen swimming costume is must and they are very strict about that

Room Tip: Swimming Suite is must
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BibinPK
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We can’t thank you enough for your kind words of appreciation. It gives us immense pleasure and fills us with pride to know you made best of your time at the weekend outing at our Hotel.
The Golden palms hotel & spa Bangalore along with its world class facilities provides an array of recreational amenities like spa, swimming pool, gymnasium and indoor and outdoor games which makes it one of the best outing spots in the city for both relaxed vacationers and executive travelers. Once again thank you letting us have the privilege to host your outing. We are eagerly looking forward for your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had been to Golden Palms for a team outing. We were a group of around 25 people. Though this place is in the outskirts of Bangalore, it is really a lovely place for team outings. They have an excellent infrastructure and support many activities like Bowling, Archery, Indoor games, Wave pool, Lazy river, etc. The food was also very good. In short our whole team really enjoyed this trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

We are pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects. Thank you once again for your support, recommendation and for appreciating our efforts so well.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed one night - April 26th - 5 couples and 2 kids - we had fun ! ( on our own ) Ive been coming here since 2003 or so 10 years - man what a sea change ! ( Clearly Sanjay Khan , Bob Christo your spirit needs to come back !!) Basically a fabulous resort once the playground of bollywood and the rich and famous now run like an average resport only for large corporate gatherings. Whats wrong ? My personal take and my friends as well - no Passion - zero ! just running on fumes and the past. 1) Restaurant - food was good service pathetic ( do you need to ask for drinking water 7 times !) 2)Pool - Main half closed why ? some issue with the water ( this is peak summer how can that be an excuse??)why did i come ! 3)Rooms - Still good ! some minibars not working cant even cool water.4)Lawns - overgrown , grass begs for cows.5)parking Lot - a joke (waste thrown from big banquet hall - untarred ) - was our last trip . Better for large corp gathering only - if you want service - this is not the place. Passion for people is zero.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool - saves you the walk ! higher floors good for youngsters - older people / kids st...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amit G
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice Place for a days corporate outing. We had booked this place before checked-in .
We were a team of 20 . We had a lavish breakfast (English /south indian/north indian). The resort provided us a small hall for our activities .After which we played badminton ,tennis and other indoor activities .All this as part of the package .
The Lunch again was a wide spread and delicious . After which we played in the pool.
Swimming costume is a must.

Overall : A good place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us .

Whilst we appreciate that your experience may have been marred by the elaborate described exclusivity, we at the same time are thankful of your detail appreciation of your experience and the recognition towards the quality of the establishment and services extended.

Should you travel to Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, please do let me know, I will be happy to assist in helping you to further discover The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa

Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Been here over the weekend and the first thing that struck me were the architectural pieces around the resort. These guys do have a taste for art and gud food. The place is a tad pricey though. But once you reach dere, just forget the world and relax. That's what resorts are for!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amritroy

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our accommodation, hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Golden Palms Hotel & Spa Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I went along with my family on a day trip here and was extremely disappointed. I was looking for a resort outskirts of Bangalore to getaway from the busy city life and was always interested in Golden palms as its very famous name among other resorts here. The resort has a well maintained garden and pool (pretty big swimming pool), that is it. There is nothing more beyond that. Breakfast and lunch had lot of variety but really no taste. If you go on a day trip like me then you will be shocked to know that there is no place to relax unless if you take rooms. We were just so tired and were sitting in the reception area for most of our time because that was the only place which had cushion chairs to relax. Seriously what were those guys thinking when they furnished this place. They must have kept few reclining chairs near the garden or nearby just to relax for a while. This resort has lot of visitors from IT companies for team outing or client meeting and a small crowd is sufficient to occupy all the facilities of the Resort while others are left just to watch.

Room Tip: If you are visiting here on a day trip, Please avoid it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mudassir R
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I’d like you to give us another opportunity to us again during your next visit to this area.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.