“Ideal Resort for a Break!”

Golden Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #131 of 657 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Ideal Resort for a Break!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here on 5th July on the occasion of my wedding anniversary. The team of hotel has really put in extra efforts to make it special. Nestled in the midst of lush green fields, this resort has numerous collections of bonsai plants, trees and flowers, which makes you feel that you are very closed to nature. Food is good and staffs are quite accommodative to your requests. The Sunday brunch is really nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors with better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
manojkumaravp, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mr Chetan

Greetings From Golden Palms Bangalore

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

We are pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our accommodation, hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects. Thank you once again for your support, recommendation and for appreciating our efforts so well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Golden Palms Hotel & Spa Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations.

Manoj Kumar

AVP Operation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We exchanged a week here through Interval International. But they have no clue how to cater to vacation exchange guests because most of their facilities and attention is spent towards corporate parties and weddings.

There are no kitchen facilities even in suites, and no breakfast included for exchange guests. The charges for food are exorbitant. All the sports facilities are filled with the day-use corporate party guests. There is only one clay tennis court filled with rocks and two outdoor badminton courts which is laughable considering windy weather in bangalore. The swimming pool is good sized but has algae all along its walls. No towels are provided at the pool.

Landscaping is the only plus point in this resort which they market very heavily with fancy photos. A lot of the front desk staff is rude and needs a course in customer service. They do not have any information about the property at the front desk and conveniently forget to tell you about all the extra charges they will levy when you check out.

The only real service we got was from the serving staff at cafe solaire, friendly and accommodating. But the rest is just a fancy party hall in resort clothing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ShailAditya
Swaroop M, Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014

Greetings

I profusely apologize for the inconvenience caused to your guest during stay.
Your valuable observation about our staff at reception has been well noted and shall be addressed on priority and appropriate action has been taken.
Sincerely apologize for that. This is certainly not indicative of the level of service that we strive to achieve.

We would be very pleased to have the opportunity to receive you and your guest again at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa , so that we can show you that our deepest concern is our guest satisfaction .

Thanks & Regards
Anupam Agarwal
Room Division Manager
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for only one day (glad!) with my family. The service at the hotel was horrible; the staff was impolite and rather inefficient. We had informed them that one of our rooms would need an extra bed but this was only sent to the room around 11:30 pm AFTER we had reminded someone at the front desk and called about four times. As for the food, the quality overall was bad. To begin with, the buffet at Cafe Soltaire was dismal and unhygienic (there were small bugs in the fruits, cheese, breads and desserts). The website incorrectly states, "you'll find a range of dining options." The food at Sorrento was acceptable, but over-cooked. The service here was also not good, something my mother and aunt learned when they had to wait 30 minutes for the dessert, only to learn that the chef wasn't there (?). The service at the spa was bad too and the only good part was the massage therapy. We had fun at the pool, but stayed away from certain parts as they were filthy. All in all, this was a very disappointing experience, so we don't plan on returning to the resort!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank aakanksha17
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking out some of your precious time and posting your feedback on Trip advisor.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that might have been caused during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with all concern who are taking the necessary steps to prevent this situation.

We would be very pleased to have the opportunity to receive you again at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa , so that we can show you that our deepest concern is our guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Golden Palms Hotel & Spa Bangalore

Thanks & Best Regards
Anupam Agarwal
Room Division Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I live in one of the villas Palm Meadows residential area. Today for the first time I got to use the spa facilities. The treatment was very good but the towels which are the same one provided to use as pool towels are stinky. They needs to address this issue. I use the pool from time to time, not on a regular basis and the towels are always stinky.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Isabel Z
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am distressed to note that we were unable to provide you with a memorable experience and offer my sincere apologies for the lapse. At The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.

Please do give us another opportunity as I am confident you will have a brilliant time with us. Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had booked around 100 rooms for a corporate event spread over 3 days. The place is away from the city but easily reachable from the airport.
Its a beautiful, well maintained property with a lot of greenery and a fairly large swimming pool. The layout is mainly villa style and the rooms are quite spacious. I had the Director's suite in the main Spa building. The suite is massive and reeks of royalty, however, the bathroom fixtures needed some attention. The food provided for the events was quite good.
We had a memorable event and all of us enjoyed our stay at this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank LadyD_17_15
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014

Greetings From Golden Palms Bangalore

Thank you for taking out the time for sharing your experience with us .

We are delighted to know that you liked our property so much and you appreciation of the architecture which indeed makes The Golden Palms & Spa so special.

Your positive and valuable appreciation of our performance inspires us to continue achieving even higher standards of service excellence, serving you and your family with lifetime experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa sometime soon.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here just for the sake of locational advantage to BIEC. Thanks to Bangalore traffic status, this hotel can expect to have people who are coming for the events in BIEC. The rooms are spacious but as it is arranged in a villa fashion, the lunch room is too far to opt for. And during the day time, you also do not get the cart to take you off. Therefore, you have to stroll.

Otherwise, the property is very well maintained and can be refreshing for people who are coming to enjoy leisure. the room amenities are good enough, though the bathroom does not have a bath tum and no bath rope is supplied either.

Coming to the food, this is the area that requires attention for improvement. Most of the menus are repeated in buffet and things are not properly managed since continental and south Indian foods cannot go hand by hand. The preparations in fish are really gruesome and the cook needs some more training.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KuheliB
Dear Sir,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I’d like you to give us another opportunity to us again during your next visit to this area.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were a group of around 25 people for a 'Day out' plan.
BE CAREFUL when you are enter the resort as vehicular movement is on the right hand side.
Breakfast was good, with lot of varieties which was the only good thing. Lunch had decent spread but not tasty and desert section did not have ice cream. service is also bad, I was fed asking water and later I had to help myself.
Swimming pool was the worst part of the resort . I fractured my toe as I slipped due formation of 'green algae' and hit a broken tile. Though the water was shallow, we couldn't see the floor of the pool.
shower room were not at all maintained, leaking taps and blocked drainage pipes and slippery floor. I had a sports jersey and had a argument with the care taker who thinks it's cotton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MrPrabhu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Please do give us another opportunity as I am confident you will have a brilliant stay with us. Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.