“My preference will be hotel capitol in Banglore for a pleasant stay !!!”
Review of The Capitol

The Capitol
Ranked #106 of 676 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Provision of spa and a spacious gym will be a better option.I sincerely recommend all the people who are searching for a hotel in Bangalore to visit and stay at the capitol.The location is excellent and the staff is very good.I feel to stay at this hotel whenever I visit Bangalore.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms facing poolside & restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aronshrey
TheCapitol, General Manager at The Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Greeting from The Capitol!

We thank you for choosing The Capitol Hotel as your preferred hotel to stay during your visit to Bangalore. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. The team and I sincerely appreciate you for taking your valued time out to share your experience on The Trip Advisor forum.

We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the location of our hotel. I have noted your compliments about the services rendered to you by our staff, and may I assure you the same has been conveyed to them, indeed they were delighted to know that their efforts were so well recognized and appreciated on this forum; your gracious comments would motivate all of us to strive even further to excellence.

With regard to your concerns on the spa and the Gym …please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. May I assure you that Management is in the process of taking necessary actions and decisions for up gradation of the hotel’s facilities. It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services and products that is expected from us.

We are grateful for your support and patronage. My team and I look forward to having many more opportunities to welcome you back at The Capitol.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The only +ve point is its central location .. -ve started with checkin itself .. hardly any energy in staff over the counter, very slow at everything after 10 minutes or so I was given the keys of the room which had twin beds ..so got it changed afterwards ... went down to the bar..one is under renovation and other had noone else except me, even the counter guy had left after giving my drink .. moved to eat the buffet dinner, hardly anything on the menu and whatever I had in vegiterian was tasteless ... bed was okey to sleep ... hot water took hours to reach the tap ... break fast spread was okey with deli counter ... Would not recommand for 3/4 star seekers .. there are many more better options available in near by

Room Tip: Iris hotel on Brigade road is good option in this class at better location at better rates
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from The Capitol Hotel!!

Thank you for choosing The Capitol as preferred hotel for your stay.The team and I are grateful for taking your valued time to review us with the Tripadvisor forum.

We have noted your feedback on our services and thank you for bringing the same to our kind notice. I would like to apologize most sincerely for the way your check-in process was handled, the quality of food served to you, the service rendered by our staff at the restaurant and bar. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have lacked in providing you the service expected of us. May I assure you that I have addressed this matter seriously with the team and all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence of the same.

Also, I request you to treat this incidence as non - reflective of our standards and provide us with another opportunity to serve you better. My team and I look forward to having many more opportunities to welcome you back at The Capitol.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

it is situated in the heart of the city.. u can access anywhere .. one of the lift was not worked.. very slow speed highly irritating rooms are not that much spacious ... some thing not feel comfortable...
food is not that much ok... tolerable.. service is little bit ok... after complaining the failure of lift... no response... it is in the main area is the only advantage

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings from The Capitol Hotel!!

We thank you for choosing The Capitol Hotel during your visit to Bangalore & for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the location of our hotel. We have noted your feedback on our services and thank you for bringing the same to our kind notice. I would like to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience caused and May I bring to your kind notice that one of the Lifts among st the 3 lifts we have was under renovation and after which it developed a technical snag due to this our guest did face some problems. I certainly believe that we have lacked in providing you the service expected of us. May I assure you that I have addressed this matter seriously with the team and all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence of the same.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Capitol Hotel Banglore

Stayed in June 2013

Was on a business trip to Banglore. This hotel suited me because of the location. The location was the best. Rooms were okay, not bad. But spacious and comfortable,The breakfast spread was also nice. Good variety both Indian and Continental. Service was effective. Overall a decent hotel

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank minnie o
TheCapitol, General Manager at The Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Greeting from The Capitol!

We thank you for choosing The Capitol Hotel during your visit to Bangalore & for taking your time to share your experience on tripadvisor forum.

We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the location of our hotel. We have noted your compliments on the breakfast spread and also about the services rendered to you by our staff, the same has been conveyed to our F&B Manager, Restaurant manger along with their team at The 24 Carats, who were delighted to know that their efforts were so well recognized and appreciated on this forum; indeed this would motivate all of us to strive even further to excellence.

With regard to your concerns on our Rooms please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. May I assure you that the concerned team has been briefed on the same and necessary changes will be made in order to serve you better.

We are grateful for your support, recommendation and look forward to having many more opportunities to welcome you back at The Capitol.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had been here for the last month. Very good service and food.... I love the buffet and keep the good work....The manager of food and beverage , and the resturent manager are very good in their hospitality. the staffs who works in the 24 carat coffee shop serves very good..

• Stayed: September 2013
TheCapitol, General Manager at The Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Greetings from The Capitol Hotel!!

It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. The team and I sincerely appreciate you for taking your valued time out in sharing such a fantastic review on TripAdvisor.

Your time and praises are both overwhelming and precious to us as it is quintessential in our journey to improve guest satisfaction. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests; your feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve the same.

I have also conveyed your gracious compliments on our F&B Manager, Restaurant manger along with their team at The 24 Carats, who were delighted to know that their efforts were so well recognized and appreciated on this forum; indeed this would motivate all of us to strive even further to excellence.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review on our hotel and the team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Capitol.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel is centrally located and is overall well maintained and well serviced. However I found it pricey for Bangalore as I have stayed at smaller properties for a lot less in Bangalore. I had booked the room from the airport for an overnight stay. The room was spacious and comfortable. The Breakfast was ordinary and nothing much to rave about it on that front. Overall a good place to stay if you get it for a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 359jayb
TheCapitol, General Manager at The Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Greeting from The Capitol!

Thank you for choosing The Capitol as preferred hotel for your stay. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. The team and I are grateful for the time you have taken to review us with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to note that you were happy with the location, service and the general upkeep of our hotel property, the same has been conveyed to our staff and they are very happy to note that their efforts were so well appreciated and recognized; indeed this would motivate all of us to strive even further to excellence.

With regard to your concerns on our price and buffet breakfast please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. May I assure you that the concerned team has been briefed on the same and necessary changes have been made in order to serve you better.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Locations good but food is just not right. Complementary breakfast they provide is basic with not much of a choice. They need to improve on the decor of the room but the staff are courteous and helpful. But for the price I think it is good enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TheCapitol, General Manager at The Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Capitol Hotel!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We would like to thank you for taking your valued time for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

With regards to your comments on the food served, I would like to apologize most sincerely for the disappointment caused in your dining experience. We thank you for bringing this matter to our kind notice may I assure you that the F&B team has been briefed about your feedback and corrective measures have been implemented.

Your compliments on our staff have been shared with our team who were delighted to know that their efforts were so well recognized and indeed this would motivate all of us to strive even further to excellence.

My team and I thank you for your support and we look forward to welcome you back at The Capitol.