“Innovative foods”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of I & Monkey

I & Monkey
Ranked #810 of 10,838 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Italian, European
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Lounge resto serving Kerala food and Italian food with excellent choice of wines
Bangalore
“Innovative foods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Smart foods and great service. The continental fare - vegetarian and non-vegetarian is exciting and is paired well with the available drinks

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kinshukBangalore

Bengaluru, India
“Awesome !! European experience in India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were celebrating 60th birthday of a friend and it turned out to be an excellent outing. Although it was a known restaurant some how we never had the opportunity to visit. Right from the entrance the restaurant has great ambience. Every table with a nice wine bottle :-) looks very cute. Its got a small but nice outdoor seating which is covered from top in case of rain...photos of old European singers on all the walls looks very cool. Different variety of cocktails available and mostly all are good.... Food is great for vegetarians & very different. Its probably the best meal i have had for a long time. Highly recommended !!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Amrut A
London
“Great food, great place, silly name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Probably the most underrated restaurant in Bangalore, but then why did they choose that unfortunate name if they wanted their food to be taken seriously.? The menu is interesting and the quality of the food is excellent. The Sula Sauvignon Blanc was served properly chilled, though it would have been even better if it had been 2013 not 2012, however, at least it had been stored properly, unlike at Ginger Tiger. My starter of spicy calamari rings was as advertised and enjoyed, followed by an excellent, really tasty prawn curry with coconut, the chef here really knows his business and his efforts deserve to be supported. All in all, an impressive meal combined with exceedingly pleasant and helpful service. Don't miss out on one of Bangalore's best kept secrets but go there and enjoy. It was my second visit and I have been impressed each time.

• Visited March 2014
Bengaluru, India
“Dinner fantastico...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

A cancelled dinner table on Saturday night left us hunting for a restaurant when we came across "I & Monkey". The name throws you off and gives little to what you can expect however one phone call and in 20 mins we made our way to the restaurant.

Ambience: we were greeted by a lady at the entrance who ended up being our host for the evening (a nice thought). She helped us find a nice corner table in a dimmed lit ambience. The place has a nice big bar, live station placed in the center of the floor and a television set. The place is well designed with various seating option. A small fish pond at the entrance gives a soothing look to the entire place.

Service: I must say I was very impressed with the service. Right from the time you enter the guys take good care of you. I was amazed as to how quick they were to clear the table everytime we happened to finish a dish or a snack. The lady who accompanied us at the entrance was nearby to take care of my son who kept running around the place and the waiter was prompt and helpful enough to suggest the best food and drink options. Overall the guys are well trained and equipped to make your meal special.

Food & drink: well the most important aspect of any restaurant is the food it offers. I & Monkey offers a good spread of continental food both in vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Since it was my first time we ended up ordering what the waiter suggested us. My wife took a dish which came with 4 kinds of meat prepared in various gravy and sauce & I took a pan cake mountain layered with mushrooms and cheese. Both the dishes were soul filling and accompanied with the "7 sins" cocktail the evening couldnt have gotten better.

Overall: with a decent price and an amazing food spread and service I would vote this place as a "MUST VISIT"

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Harry_Traveller786
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“refreshing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I made a monkey of myself by not ordering the right dish last time around. This time we ordered the traditional pandi ( pork ) curry. Its a coorgi favorite. The chicken baffath & steamed rice. They were all excellent. The ambiance of the place is very good & the place is done up very well. Its in total contrast to their sister concern , The Windsor pub.What was refreshing to see was that it wasn't exorbitantly priced like some of the other restaurants on 100 ft rd. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Nowadays I get the feeling that the new age restaurants & lounge bars must be owned by hospitals. They are trying to cause a heart attack with the prices. A small tip, book your table through posh vine and you get a 20% discount on your food bill.

• Visited February 2014