“horrible experience”

Ranked #148 of 581 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
London
“horrible experience”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed in BH in November 2012 and had all praises for this place. When I came back in April 2013, it was the direct opposite.
Upon checking in, I complaint to the receptionist (who is more like a wall piece than a receptionist) that the AC in the room was not working. He told me that it would take some time for it to get cool. I accepted this. After a few hours, I complaint again and someone came to check it out. Without giving me any explanation, he said he has arranged for another room. When I went to that room , it was a downgraded room. They then changed me to another downgraded room. By this time, I was already tired(as I was travelling the whole day) and I was very annoyed and walked out of the so-called hotel. I was in the room for less than 4 hours. I had paid a deposit and I was refused a refund and when I wrote to the Manager (Murali), he did not have the decency to reply to my mail.

I travel frequently to B'lore and I guess I wont be staying at this place nor would I recommend anyone to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RAW178

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pune, India
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Just off One MG Road, Bangalore and close to the Vivanta by Taj, on Brunton Cross Road, is this lovely well-kept, well-furnished hotel. We stayed there for two days, and enjoyed every minute we spent there. The Staff are friendly and helpful. Anyone can stay here, whether it be an Executive or a small family on a visit to Bangalore. They serve a wonderful breakfast, with a bowl of fruit cut just before serving. I truly recommend Brunton Heights Executive Suites. Nothing for the kids though, nor a fitness centre

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Breakfast serve in room. We can choose our breakfast every night from the menu provided. Staff are extremely helpful and trying their best to assist us during our stayed. About 10-15mins walk to M.G. mall and Cauvery handicraft. Good value and room is clean.

• Stayed May 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great little hotel off M G Road (near the shopping area) on Brunton road.

The rates were reasonable for the area, and most certainly worth it in terms of levels of service and standards.

Though more compact, the rooms were of better than five star standards in terms cleanliness, decor and overall presentation. I was elementarily upgraded to a suit, and it was a perfect niche from which to work from.

The hotel has a restaurant by the name of "Portland Steak House". Great food, the stakes are indeed good, they know how to do a stake and not call any chard piece of meat one. The prices are a bit on the up-end, but well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Porvorim, India
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I love the location of this boutique hotel. It's just off MG Road, but has the old Bangalore feel with lots and lots of greenery. Large windows in the comfortable rooms make the most of this.

The Portland Steakhouse and Cafe on the ground floor has excellent steaks. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in 206. It is large and has a great view!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SeemaSreenivasa... S
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 13 April 2013

my family & i had a two night stay in this hotel , rooms are really very clean & spacious wonderfull suites & , very near to city centre .............staff is really nice hotel is well managed by mr wigbert nazareth and reception staff mr.guna, mr.babu & ms kirti my thanks to all the co operative staff keep it up & all the best

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
India
Reviewed 23 February 2013

stayed in a large corner unit with family including teenagers ...Murali in Reservation very courteous and guided us well ... spacious apartment like rooms very clean , breakfast is adequate and on order ...residential location but just walking distance to malls, shops ... will definitely return for our next bangalore trip !!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family